Stone Wall Stone Fence

Chapter One

Cabal looked out of his half-covered window with mild interest, glancing slowly across the empty fields. It was around 7:30 p.m. and the sun was setting. The summer wind blowing subtly through the room. He then sighed before shutting it closed with a soft click, while continuing to put all the boards back up to make sure that anything that was outside actually stayed outside.

Humming a tune that sounded too much like a lullaby you would sing to a baby, he descended downstairs and into the kitchen. Grabbing the last can from the cupboard and then finally sitting on one of the many chairs that resided in the dining room. "Peaches again" he thought. "How delightful." before pulling back the lid and eating at an annoying slow pace. He disliked peaches. And the taste not only made him want to vomit but he was fairly sure that the can had already expired. Which also brought him to the thought that he had to leave tomorrow.

The house's food supply was almost completely gone. Besides of course the damn peaches in his hand. And there was no longer a reason for him to stay. Upon reaching that conclusion, he stood up, threw the finally empty can in the trash, walked into the living room and snuggled into the couch. "Sweet dreams, house" he said softly to himself before closing his eyes and falling into a dreamless slumber.

----------

We're scrapped Valentines. We're tangerine rinds. We're crimes, crimes, crimes…” whispered Cabal. He was singing to himself as he always did. The silence was usually too much and he changed the song on his inner radio almost every ten seconds. He chuckled as he thought this. “Inner radio” He then realized how bored he actually was. Pulling up his sleeve, he checked the time. “2:33” he muttered. He had been walking since the sun came up and he was slowly reaching the 10-hour mark. “Hey you with the pretty face.
Welcome to the human race A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the-
” he stopped suddenly upon hearing a noise come from one of the houses in the neighborhood he was passing. It sounded almost like a whistle. He groaned “Fuck.” After he realized he was surrounded.

“Aye thar pretty boy” Cabal looked up in the direction of the voice. His face emotionless with the exception of a raised eyebrow. “Yes?” he replied after resting his eyes on the man.”I beleb ye on hour territory” Pursing his lips Cabal looked up into the sky as if he was thinking. “Is that so?” he said after bringing his head back down and eyeing the man. “Yes, now ye can bring yourself ober har n surrendur- ” the man said with a smirk while checking out Cabal shamelessly “or we cun do dis the ‘ard way” while signaling the rest of the gang out.

“Well, you see. I’m not entirely in the mood for this and I have to do a lot before the sun goes down so I think I would rather be leaving now. Thank you.” Caleb said before turning around in the same direction he was going before being interrupted. He walked a few feet before swiftly dodging a gunshot. And then another. And another. And another. “Argh” he heard behind him as the “leader” got frustrated. “Avter ‘im boys” Upon hearing this Cabal pulled out his sword while breathing out “Idiot” and turned around letting his glare settle on the man. The other ten or so men racing after him. Swiftly one by one Cabal stabbed through them. Making sure that he didn’t kill them but severely hurt each one. Before finally making it to the leader and stabbing him right through the neck. Stepping back Cabal watched as the man died before even hitting the ground.

“All's fair in love and war, eh?” he said as he knelt down to wipe the blood from his sword onto the man’s shirt and then smoothly sliding it back into it’s case on his hip. Staring into the man’s empty eyes as if waiting for an answer. Shrugging he stood back up and continued walking again. Stepping over the injured men. “There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave. You were what I wanted. I gave what I gave. I'm not sorry I met you. I'm not sorry it's over…” sang Cabal before fading it into a hum. He then stopped where he was standing and then nodded his head to the side so that it looked as if he was listening. “You can come out you know.” Closing his eyes and waiting a few seconds “I wont hurt you.” He breathed out. Opening them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments anyone?