Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

Goodbye Katy, TX and hello Dallas

As I placed the last of my belongings in the brown box in front of me, I took one last and final look at my now empty room.
“Ready to go Sevie?”
Ii sighed deeply and picked up the brown box with a fake smile on my face.
“Yea, let’s get going Claudia.”
“Never thought I’d ever see your room so empty and naked.”
“Haha, right?”
My best friend Claudia and I walked out of my room and made our way to the cars outside. My family, along with hers, our best friend’s Toma’s and some friends stood outside. Today was a special day for us. We were finally moving out of our houses all the way to Dallas, TX. I could see my mom crying waterfalls from the corner of my eye. I placed my box on the ground and made my way over to her, embracing her in a huge hug.
“Mom, don’t cry. I’ll be fine, I promise.”
“Promise me you’ll call when you get to Dallas.”
“I promise.”
She finally hugged me back. When we pulled apart, I made my way over to my dad. I could tell he was trying to be the big man and hold his tears back. He pulled me into a hug, almost squeezing the life out of me.
“Ack! Dad…you’re…hurting me.”
He finally let go and kissed my forehead.
“Take care of yourself hun.”
I nodded at him with a smile. I finally made my way over to my little brothers.
“Alright, you two better behave and take of mom and dad.”
They nodded and both hugged me at once.
“Time to get going girls.”
Toma, Claudia, I looked at our friends Axel, Matt, Frank, and Ray. I walked over to where I had put my box and noticed that it was gone.
“Hey where’s my box?”
“Don’t worry Sev, I put it in Claudia’s car for you.”
“Oh ok. Thanks Frank.”
As we all finished with our goodbyes, we each got into our assigned car. Girls rode in Claudia’s car, while the guys led the way in mine. We waved goodbye to everyone and finally made our way to Dallas.
“Goodbye Katy, TX and hello Dallas.”
Claudia and I giggled at Toma’s comment. Thanks to Axel, we were finally able to start fulfilling our dreams. Our band, The Party Scene, had just gotten signed at a recent show we had played to Universal Motown Records. Axel’s parents had hooked the band up with a pretty big house, enough to fit all eight of us plus more. Axel never asked much from his parents but this request was pretty out there.
~2 hours later~
“Man, I’m hungry.” Toma said rubbing her stomach.
“What time is it?”
Claudia pulled out her phone to check the time.
“It’s 2:36pm.”
“Fuck, I’ve seriously been driving for two hours? Feels like more, my butt is numb.”
I heard a chuckle come from Claudia.
“Hey Sevie, how far is this new house of ours?”
“Uh to be honest, I don’t even know. Main reason why we’re following right behind the guys. Try calling Axel and ask him, Toma.”
She pulled out her phone and speed dialed him.
“Hello?”
“Matt, why are you answering Axel’s phone?”
“He’s driving.”
“What the fuck Matt?! Do you guys not remember what happened the last time Axel drove?!” Claudia yelled.
“Chill Cloud, we haven’t crashed…well not yet at least.”
I pulled the phone out of Toma’s hand.
“Matt, don’t fucking joke around. My car better get to the house in one piece.”
“Alright, sorry Sev. So what’s up?”
Toma took back her phone from me.
“Ask Axel how much longer till we get to our pad.”
“Alright I’ll ask. Hey Alexander, ladies wanna know if we’re almost there.”
“Matt, you fucker! Don’t call me Alexander! In another 2 hours we’ll be there.” Axel yelled.
“Did ya’ll hear that?” Matt asked as he tried not to laugh at Axel’s reaction.
“Yea, kind of hard not to. Thanks!” I yelled from the driver’s seat.
“No problem chikas.” He then hung up.
“Two hours huh?”
“Think you can wait a little longer Toma?” Claudia asked.
“Yea, no biggie.”
Two hours went by in a flash. Toma was fast asleep in the passenger seat while Claudia was writing away in a journal in the back.
“What’cha doing, planning more activities for tour?”
“Nope, did that already. Being tour manager for TPS isn’t easy though.” Claudia giggled.
“Well excuse us.” I laughed.
“Anyway, I’m writing a song for you guys.”
“Seriously?!”
“Yea, I don’t know if a tour manager can do that but-”
“Hey, you’re part of the band too Cloud. I say contribute as much as you want.” I said interrupting her mid-sentence.
She smiled.
“Thanks Sevie.”
I nodded.
“So…what’s the song about?”
“Want me to read you the beginning of it?”
Before I could say anything else, Beautiful Tragedy by In This Moment began to play. I picked up my phone from the cup holder and answered it.
“What up?”
“We need to refuel. Stopping at the next gas station.”
“Alrighty understood Frank.”
I then hung up.
“What’s going on?” Claudia asked.
“They need gas.”
Once we stopped at the gas station, Claudia and I stepped out to stretch, finally allowing me o get the feeling back in my butt, while the boys refilled my car. I looked over at Claudia with my arms across my chest.
“So the song.”
“Oh right.”
She pulled out the spiral from the back seat of the car and flipped it open.
“Ok so like its finished and everything but I don’t know how the melody should go exactly.”
I read the lyrics and looked up at her after wards.
“Is this about what’s his face?”
She nodded.
“Wow this is really good Cloud.”
“Thanks but you think the rest of the band will like it?”
“Oh yea fo sho, this’ll make them want to kill your ex even more.”
She just laughed causing me to laugh along with her. I went to the back of the car and pulled out a guitar case. I placed the case on the ground and opened it.
“What are you doing Sev?”
“We’re gonna work on the song.”
I picked up the guitar from its case and sat down on the ground. I then strummed it a bit and smiled up at her.
“Ready?”
She nodded seeming a bit unsure. I patted the ground next to me for her to sit down. When she did, we got right to work.
As the guys put gas in my car and pretty much cleaned out the gas station of their food, Claudia and I worked on the song in the parking lot.
A lot of people gave us strange looks while others seemed quite curious. I noticed a group of guys looking in our direction paying close attention. I shrugged it off and continued on with the song. Minutes later, the song was finally set. Claudia and I high-fived and cheered.
“Let’s play the finished product.”
“Alright, you got your part down, right Sevie?”
“But of course!”
We giggled and began to play the song. (I know it’s by Hey Monday but pretend TPS wrote it.)
The power lines went out
And I am all alone
But I don’t really care at all
Not answering my phone
All the games you played, the promises you made
Couldn’t finish what you started only darkness still
Remains
Lost sight, couldn’t see
When it was you and me
Blow the candles out, looks like a solo tonight
I’m beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out, looks like a solo tonight
But I think I’ll be alright.
As her and I sang the song, that we titled ‘Candles’, without realizing it people had gathered around us. When we finished, we heard applause.
We stood up off the ground and bowed. Frank, Axel, Matt, and Ray made their way over to us.
“Dang ya’ll were good.” frank said taking the guitar, well his guitar, from me.
Matt crossed his arms in front of his chest.
“I’ve never heard that song at rehearsal though.”
“That’s because it’s new Matt, Cloud here wrote it on the 4 hour drive.” I smiled as I pointed at Claudia, whose face turned a light shade of pink.
“Damn, who knew our cute little tour manager had it in her.” Axel placed his arm around Claudia’s shoulder. Suddenly Toma showed up out of nowhere and stomped on Axel’s foot real hard.
“Ah! What the fuck Toma?!”
“That’s for waking me up douche bag!”
Axel let go of Claudia and stood next to Ray. Toma turned and looked at Claudia and with a smile
“That song was awesome!”
“How the hell did you hear it?! You just said you woke up!”
Toma glared at Axel which caused him to hide behind a very confused Ray.
“So you liked it Toma?” Claudia asked.
“Heck yea I did. I think it should be on the next album.”
“Awesome!” Claudia and I high-fived again.
“Hey.”
Everyone looked at Ray. He was the quietest person in the group so it was pretty rare to hear him talk.
“Uh…wh-what about our new house?”
“How far is it now Axel?” I asked.
“Oh it’s like ten minutes from here.” replied Axel as he stepped out from behind Ray.
Everyone then got back into their assigned cars. I continued to follow the guys, finally making our way into a very nice neighborhood. The houses were pretty big and by their size I could pretty much imagine how big ours was gonna be. It kinda made me think if we were even in the right place. Soon enough, Axel pulled into the driveway of a huge red bricked house. I pulled up beside my car and got out.
“This place is….wow!”
Claudia and Toma agreed.
“Well are you guys coming in or not?” Axel yelled from the front door.
We made our way over to him and walked in after him. The inside of the house was pretty insane.
“Hey Axel?”
“Yes beautiful?” He wrapped an arm around my waist.
“Where are our rooms?”
“Ah yes! Right this way, ladies.”
Toma, Claudia, and I followed him up the stairs. When we were showed to our assigned rooms. I was relieved to see all my furniture in perfect condition. I checked my closet and my bathroom. Everything was twice as big as what I had before. I headed over to my bed and fell back into it. I let out a yawn and closed my eyes. ‘Home Sweet Home’ was all I said before drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments lead to updates<3