Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

Woah Oh

The next day I woke up feeling a bit dazed and confused. I leaned over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone to check the time. 9:52 am. Did yesterday really happen? It just seems too good to be true. I shrugged off the thought and proceeded with my morning routine. I showered, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and finished off with doing my hair and makeup. When I finished, I headed downstairs for some breakfast. Everything seemed pretty normal. Maybe yesterday never happened… I sighed deeply and made my way into the kitchen.
“Morning Sev.”
“Morning Matt…”
“You ok?”
“I don’t know….”
“What’s wrong?”
“Ok well I don’t know if it was or not but I had a dream last night that I met this really amazing guy.”
He raised an eyebrow. “Really now?”
I nodded. “Yea. He said his name was Jonathan Cook and you told me he was in a band called Forever the Sickest Kids.”
“I see, go on.”
“Well, he and I ended up spending the entire night out on the patio talking and as we talked, he made me feel really important ya know?”
“Something Alex couldn’t do.”
I sighed. “Yea, Alex…”
“Who’s Alex?”
I followed the voice into the living room and found a familiar ginger standing up from the couch.
“Caleb?”
He smiled. “Hey there Sevie.”
“Wait, so you’re real?!”
“Uh last time I checked I seemed pretty real.”
“So if you’re real, that means Austin, Marc, Kyle, and …Jonathan are real too.”
“Ok, you lost me.”
That means, that wasn’t a dream…which also means Jonathan really did ask me out….
I then felt my face heat up.
“…ello, hello earth to Sevie.”
I returned back to reality and looked up at Matt. “Huh?”
“You sure you’re ok?”
I nodded. He then put his hand on my shoulder.
“Maybe you should head back to bed.”
I frantically shook head. “No, I can’t!”
“Why not?”
I felt my face heat up again. “U-uh…c-cause…”
“I know why.”
Matt and I looked over at Caleb.
“You and Square got a date today.”
“Square?” Matt and I asked.
“Jonathan. Square is a nickname of his.”
“Awh!” Matt and Caleb just looked at me strangely.
I probably should’ve kept that to myself…..
“Anyway, Jonathan told us about it this morning. You were all he kept talking about.”
I felt my face heat up even more. Really how many times is this gonna happen?! Suddenly Claudia showed up and stood next to Caleb.
“Morning Sevie, morning Matt.”
“Uh morning Claudia.” I said sounding a bit confused.
She then looked up at Caleb and smiled. “Ready to go?”
He smiled and nodded. They both then said goodbye and headed out the door.
“Where are they off to?” I asked Matt.
“I think coffee.”
Matt then headed back to the kitchen, with me following right behind. He and I then decided to eat cereal for breakfast.
“So by the looks of it, you really seem to like Jonathan huh?”
“W-well, I’m not too sure about that since we just met and all.”
“Well by what you told me, he comes off as Mr. Prince Charming.”
“Yea, I suppose so...” I said slowly looking down at my bowl of Lucky Charms.
Matt’s POV
I sighed.
“Sev.”
She looked away from her bowl, straight at me.
“Look, Alex may have done what he did but that doesn’t mean Jonathan will too. You yourself even said that he made you feel important. That’s a good sign.”
“How do you know?”
“Seems like you’ve forgotten the fact that I have a dick and like it as well.”
She just glared at me as I rolled my eyes at her. She then sighed heavily.
“So basically you’re telling me that Jonathan might be ‘the one’, is that it?”
“There’s only one way to find out if he is or not.”
“Alright, I’ll see where this goes.”
I smiled at her. “Good.”
Suddenly Sevie’s phone went off. She looked at the screen and her face turned completely pale, more than usual.
“Is it Jonathan?”
She shook her head.
“Then who…”
Before I could even finish, she handed me her ringing device and headed off to the living room. I looked at the screen and felt my blood boil just like before. I eventually pressed the ‘Talk’ button.
“What the fuck do you want, Gaskarth?!”
“Nash?”
“Merrick?” I calmed down a bit. “What are you doing with Alex’s phone?”
“I left mine at home, Rian and Jack were using theirs so I got stuck using Alex’s. Why do you have Sevie’s?”
“Well she saw Alex’s name pop up and well ran.”
“I should’ve texted first, my bad.”
“You wanna talk to her? I can go ge….”
“It’s ok, just leave her.”
“You sure?”
“Yea, so how is she?”
“Hmm well she could be better but today she’s got a date so not too bad.”
“Oh, I see.”
“Uh you ok?”
“Huh, oh yea I’m fine.”
There was a slight pause.
“Zack?”
“I’m still here, sorry I kinda spaced. Well I’m gonna go now, um tell Sevie that I’ll call her later ok?”
“Yea, sure thing.”
“Thanks, later.”
“Later.”
With that said, I hung up the phone. Well that was strange… . I walked over into the living room and found Sevie curled up on the couch just flipping through channels.
“It wasn’t Alex, it was Zack.”
“Zack, why did he…”
“He left his phone at home.”
She then smiled. “Muscles is such a dork.”
I smiled. “He said he’d call you later.”
“Alright then.”
Right when I was about to hand her the phone, it began to vibrate. I looked at the screen and chuckled.
“It’s for you.”
She took the phone and giggled once she looked at the screen. I walked back into the kitchen and washed our plates. I still couldn’t get over the way Zack was acting on the phone. He sounded almost disappointed when I mentioned Sevie having a date. Wait a sec, don’t tell me he….. [i/]
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :)