Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Off to Jack's

I sighed as i made my way to the cafeteria. I spotted my brother instantly and walked over to our usual table. I took a seat to his right after throwing my backpack on the table.
"Everything ok Jase?"
"Eh, i guess. I broke up with Ian."
"Why'd you do that?"
I turned around and saw Alex, along with Jack, making their way to the table.
"Nothing was really there anymore."
"Man and i was really starting to like the kid too." Alex said as he opened his jar of peanut butter. I shook my head and smiled.
"I'm sorry Alex."
"Eh whatever, it's all good."
Rian just ate his lunch and seemed to not care that i broke up with Ian. Don't blame him though, he never liked the him. I looked over at Jack and noticed the he seemed kinda out of it.
"You ok Jack-Jack?"
He shook his head and sighed. "Not really."
This made me a bit worried. "Why, what's up?"
"My mom saw my grade in history and gave me hell last night. She said if I don't bring it up to at least a B then she's making me quit the band."
"What do you have in history?" Rian asked.
Jack looked away and mumbled something.
"Jack we can't hear you."
"I have a 32!"
Everyone's jaw dropped. "A 32?!"
Jack just sunk in his seat. "How the fuck do you get 32 in history dude?" Alex asked.
I sighed and kicked Alex under the table. "Ow!" I ignored Alex and looked back at Jack with a smile. "I'll can help you out after band practice today if you want."
Jack sat up straight and smiled. "You're a life-saver Jase." He then hugged me. I couldn't help but giggle. "What are friends for after all." Jack then pulled away and smiled only this time his smile seemed a bit off.
Once lunch was over, we headed off to our last 3 classes until finally we were let go for the weekend. I made my way outside to the student parking lot and met up with Jack, Rian, and Alex who were already standing by Alex's car. Right when i finally got to them we got into the car, Alex in the driver's seat, my brother in the passenger seat, with me and Jack in the back seat. Alex dropped me off at home while him and the guys made their way to Jack's. I made my way up to the front door and walked in. "I'm home!"
"How was school?" I heard my mom ask from the kitchen. I made my way over to her and saw sitting at the dining table typing away on her laptop. "It was alright." I grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket and sat on the kitchen counter.
My mom looked up from her laptop. "Where's your brother?" I sighed. "Mom you should know by now, fridays after school he has band practice." She got up from her seat and walked over to get a glass of water. "Sorry I keep forgetting. I suppose it still hasn't sunk in." I shrugged i mean i couldn't blame her for not remembering. Rian did just join the band about 2 months ago.
"So you and Ian have anything planned for today?" I hopped off the counter and made my way over to the stairs. "Nope, he and i broke up today." As i headed up the stairs, i heard my mom gasp. I just smiled and shook my head walking into my room. I threw my backpack on my bed and blasted some Blink 182. I worked on some homework for a while until suddenly my phone rang. I walked over to my stereo and turned down the volume before answering.
"Hello?"
"Hey Jasey, it's Jack."
"Hey Jack-Jack, what's up?"
"Well i was wondering if you're still gonna help me with history."
"Of course i am. Is band practice over already? Seems a bit early."
"No its not over yet. We're getting to know our new bassist."
"You guys finally got a bassist? Thats awesome."
"Yep this dude is also pretty sick on a skateboard too. Ben came through."
"Thats pretty rad."
"Hey why dont you come over?"
"Sure i'll go over but first i wanna get some homework done. After i'm done i'll get my mom to drive me over."
"Alright sounds good. See ya soon."
"See ya." I then hung up and went back to doing my homework.
Once i was done with a good portion of my school work, i headed downstairs to the living room and found my mom cuddling up to my stepdad on the couch.
"Well aren't you two cute?" I giggled.
My mom smiled. "Oh Jasey stop."
I smiled back and sat down in front of them.
"Have i told you two that ya'll are the best parents ever?"
They looked at each other then back at me.
"What do you want Jasey?" asked my stepdad.
I stood up and did a dramatic gasp. "Can't a teenager tell her parents that they are the best without getting accused of something?"
They shook their heads and laughed. "Jasey."
I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Alright alright, can i get a ride to Jack's house? I promised him i would help him out in history since he's like epicly failing in that."
They sighed then looked at each other, nodded and smiled. My stepdad then reached into his pocket and threw his car keys at me.
"Whoa what?"
He just smiled. "Just make sure to not get caught, you are only fourteen."
I screamed and tackled them both with a huge hug.
"You guys are beyond awesome!"
I let them go and ran upstairs to my room. I packed up all the things i would need to i guess tutor Jack. I found it kinda funny that a fourteen year old is tutoring a soon to be fifteen year old, even though we're both in 9th grade. Once i had everything, i headed downstairs.
"Jasey please dont let your brother drive if he's you know."
I looked over towards the couch and smiled at my mom. "Trust me i wont mom."
She then smiled and i was then free to go. I got into my dad's BMW and drove to Jack's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments lead to updates<3