Adolescence

Back Off.

“Bryce, what’s going on here?” Seth came jogging around the corner with a few other boys, “Plus, why are you here?”

“Wasn’t everyone invited to your party? So, I have a right here.” Bryce walked off around the corner.

“Are you okay, Rose?” Seth held me in his arms.

“Yes, I’m okay, he seems edgy…” I looked up towards Seth’s eyes.

“Just be careful, okay? There are some psychos at my party too.” He kissed my cheek.

I smiled and walked off inside the house. I searched around for others; I found Misa and Destrin sitting down on the couch. I ran up to them, wanting to know where Nicole went.

“Misa, where is Nicole?!”

“She walked off with some boy, she said she knew him!”

I ran upstairs again to Seth’s room. I placed my ear against the door and tried to listen over the music, but I couldn’t. I started knocking like crazy until Bryce opened it again.

“Get the fuck out of my way.”

I shoved him aside and saw Nicole sitting on the bed, bored.

“Nicole, come with me now.” I grabbed her wrist and was about to make my way out until Bryce blocked the way.

“Where do you think you’re going? He smirked.

“They’re coming with me.” Destrin pushed Bryce out of the way. Destrin grabbed Nicole’s hand, as well as mine too.

“These girls are way out of your league.” Destrin walked us out of the room and slammed the door shut.

“Thanks Des.” I smiled at him.

“No worries, Rosie.”

I looked at Nicole, she still held his hand and she smiled. It looked like she felt amazing with his hand intertwined with hers.

“Thank you.” Nicole kissed him on the cheek.

When I looked at Destrin and Nicole, I instantly thought of Misa. I remembered back when I was helping Misa and Destrin; I never knew what happened that day when they both weren’t at the cafeteria with our group. I didn’t want to ask Destrin right now, as Nicole was standing next to him. Nicole started to talk to Destrin, just to get to know him, so I walked downstairs, shoved through the crowd trying to find Misa. She was still sitting down on the couch, but by herself drinking her punch with people dancing around her.

“Misa!” I walked up to her and sat down.

“Hello Rose!” She put her arm around me.

“Hey, um… What happened that day at lunch when you were with Destrin alone?”

“Oh…” Misa hesitated, “Nothing really.”

“Sure? You hesitated.”

“Fine…” Misa sighed, “We kissed, but it was only a peck. There’s nothing going on with us though, we’re still friends.”

“Friends with benefits?” I asked.

“I wouldn’t call it that… We just want to be friends.”

“Oh, well, I’m still glad for you!” I smiled at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a new chapter! Comments?