One SHots

Panicking Love

i laughed quietly to myself at all the screaming fans.

spencer is so cool! he even gave us backstage passes!

the 'we' im refering to is my boyfriend, levi. hes just amazing, our one year anniversary was last week and he invited me over for dinner at his house. it was weird not having his parents there, watching us.... but also liberating. im guessing since we just graduated, they let us have our alone time. but i wanst expecting a REAL home-cooked meal, i thought he was just getting take-out...... but no! he made pasta and sauce, and even garlic bread, it was amazing because he only knows how to use the microwave.

ive never been with a guy that long... and im beginning to think its been long enough. dont think of me as cold i care for levi a lot..... but sometimes he doesnt get me, or the things i do. but then he says thats why he loves me, because im so crazy and different.

hes said those three heart-pounding words before 'i love you', and i just couldnt say it back. parly because im not ready, partly because ive had suspicions of him cheating on me. i never had proof or caught him red-handed, but its always bugging me. i dont wanna bring it up because i could be wrong and look like a fool and have him think i dont trust him.

~

"heather! there you are! we're about to go on!" spencer screamed as soon as he caught sight of us at the door. "good luck hug?"

"of course!" i scream back. he bounces over and grabs me in a bear hug, its so tight i let go of levi's hand. we hold on a bit too long and i start to go red when we finally let go, my heart pounding to the beat of the band on stage. levi gives spencer's back a sharp look as he goes back to his band members.

"it was only a hug!" i scream as innocently as i can.

"ya, a long and personal hug!" he shouts back. then he gives me a wet kiss on the cheek and puts his arm around my waist. i look over at spencer's band, Panic! At the Disco, and they're all looking at me, including spencer's sorrowful expression.

what's that look about? i wonder.

during his show, i listen while i work my way around the room, meeting a lot of new bands. Teenage Bottlerocket is there, along with Paramore. ive heard of them before and loved their stuff, its great when different style bands can get together and put on a rockin' show.

after Panic! At the Disco is finished, spencer and his bandmates get ear-busting applause.

they're gonna be big! i can feel it.

i excuse myself after having waaaay too much free Cherry Coke, and head to the back where the restrooms are.

i make it halfway there.... a dude pulls me into a dark room and i scream, clawing at the dude's hands on my waist. then a light comes on and i see spencer looking down at me.

"what the fuck dude?" i hiss.

"i just wanted to talk to you... without levi here."

"oookay? about what?" my heart is so pounding hard, im afraid he might hear it.

"this..." then he leans down and kisses me! i wrap my arms around his neck and i find my back being pushed against a wall. "come with me on tour? please...." he askes with me still pinned to a wall.

"spencer, this is very unexpected.... but dont ruin the moment with an absurd question like that. you know i cant leave with you".

that would be crazy.

before he can say something else i say, "and dont ask 'why', you know the reason. the reason happens to have the same name as the brand of jeans your wearing at the moment."

he sighs, then kisses me again. i pull away first and pry his arms from my waist. when i get to the door, i turn to see his back to me, facing another wall.

i leave the room and walk backstage once again. i find levi with the lead singer of Paramore(a girl, i might add!), having a very 'close together' talk, also his hand was on her knee.... caught!

i clear my throat and levi's head snaps up to look at me. "o h-hi heather.... i was just..... um... " he stutters looking for the right explination in his mind. his hand still on her knee

"save it!" i silence him. "im going on tour with spencer's band tomorrow. ill be gone for a while, and i dont want you to be tied down. so do whatever you want, with whoever you want!"

did i just say i was going with spencer? i think while storming back to the room where i left spencer. i replay my side of the conversation.... yep there it is 'im going with spencer's band tomorrow'....... it acutally doesnt sound that bad.

i open the door and spencer is in the same position as before, facing a wall. i tap on his shoulder, when he turns around, i quickly lift my head to kiss him on the cheek.

"okay.... ill go," i whisper. he grins back and gives me another personal bear hug!