Status: activee (:

Trashed & Scattered

Tonight The World Dies

I sighed for the thousandth time as my hand ran it's way through my hair. My lip had found it's way between my teeth as I continued to bite down on it.

I continued to tap my foot impatiently as I waited for my blonde haired friend to call me back. For Pete's sake I had taken my lunch break early just for her. Apparently she had some 'exciting news'. Usually that was just code for boy talk.

I glanced up at the clock, ten minutes had passed. I only had twenty to get back to the studio. It was a ten minute drive.

'Blame the family, blame the bully, blame it on me..' I sighed, digging through my bag to find the singing technological device.

"Skylar's house of sluts and whores, how may we pleasure you today?"

I heard a chuckle sound from the other end of the line. I ran my hand through my hair once again before taking a sip of the smoothie in front of me.

"Something kinky please. I haven't had much action lately."

"What's up man?" I felt a smile cross my face as I spoke. Joelle had been a lifelong friend if mine. We always had a habit of calling each other by manly nicknames such as 'man' and 'dude' 

"Oh not much just wanted to check up on my favorite person...." I rolled my eyes. She was obviously up to something.

"Ok seriously, you send me an SOS text just to check up on me? I have a hard time believing that...what do you want?"

I shook my head with a smile at the scoffing sounds she was making.

"Fine, well I have to go to a party thing at Johnny's Bar tomorrow night. Will you please please please be my date? I will owe you forever! I'm begging you!"   

I quietly banged my head against the table. As much as I loved her she really knew how to annoy me.

"Joe you know I don't do that shit. I'm sure you remember how badly it ended last time."

"Oh come on you have to admit, beating the shit out of him was fun."

A chuckle passed through my lips as I sat there. Some ass refused to leave me alone and kept grabbing me in places his hands should not have been. Yea beating his ass had been the highlight of my night.

A quiet groan escaped my lips as she continued to beg.

"Who's party and what time?" I had to pull the phone from my ear as she squealed. 

"A friend of Gena's and I'll pick you up at 7. I will love you forever and ever!"

Gena worked at the same salon as Joelle. I had met her a few times. She was a sweet girl.

"Fine but if anything happens I'm walking home." I had a tendency to go for walks when I was angry or upset. It was a way for me to clear my head. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Bye man, love ya forever and always." Ah, our signature goodbye. It was something we started in high school. 

"Love ya too, forever and always."

After ending the call I quickly stood and made my way from the building. Thor was going to have my ass on a platter if I was late again. 

I quickly climbed in my car and threw my bag into the passengers seat. This car was my pride and joy. It was a '69 Ford Mustang Fastback in jet black with white racing stripes. I had the interior done with black leather and lime green stitching. The flames that crawled up the seats were also done in lime green.

I sighed happily at the purr of it's engine. The sound of Shinedown met my ears as I pulled away from the curb. I sang along and tapped my fingers against the steering wheel happily as I made my way back to the Warner Bros. studio.

Sin With a Grin was blasting through the speakers as I parked outside the building. I quickly shut it off and grabbed my keys from the ignition while simultaneously  grabbing my purse and bolting to the building. 

The phone call had lasted about fifteen minutes meaning a had two minutes to get back to Thor's office, which was on the opposite side of the building. 

I skidded into the room with 5 seconds to spare. My breathing was labored as I plopped into the chair opposite his desk. 

"Trying to set a new record I see."

I rolled my eyes playfully at the man who I had come to see as a father figure. I had interned here a little over a year ago. I wanted to be an audio engineer, which I was still working towards. But currently I was basically the 'go to' girl. I ran errands and other such miscellaneous things. I fetched things for the recording artists and other such things. 

Though most of the time I tried to avoid them. I will admit some were very kind and I could see myself gaining them as friends but more often than not I just didn't want to. I preferred to be by myself. Joelle and Thor were the only people I ever really talked to.

"Sorry, Joelle doesn't seem to understand the meaning of ten minutes."

He let out a deep chuckle while shaking his head. Joelle had met Thor a while after I started interning. We were all pretty close. 

"It's alright. But I need you to restock the fridge in the lounge, we have a recording session in about fifteen minutes." I nodded before placing my bag on the window sill. I waved goodbye and made my way from the room as I placed the ear buds of my iPod into their designated places.

I hummed along to the sounds of My Chem while dancing down the hall. I played air Drums to the beat of Planetary (Go!) 

My bright red hair flew around my face as I continued to head bang along to the song. I sang and danced as I restocked the fridge with water and some Gatorade. my eyes were closed as I moved along to the beat, a smile slowly spreading across my face. 

I let a scream pass through my lips as someone tapped my shoulder. My hand clutched my chest as I spun around wide eyed to see who had the nerve to interrupt. 

I quickly pulled the headphones from my ears as I came face to face with a blonde chick who looked to be close to my age. Her eyebrow was raised and a smile covered her face as she watched me curiously. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, but I kinda got lost. I'm looking for studio 5A? My friends are recording some stuff. I've never really been here before." 

I sent her a slight smile as I nodded my head.

"Come on I'll take you there." Her smile grew as a thankful look crossed her face. I gotta give it to her, she was gorgeous.

I led her from the room and down the hall to the right. 

"I'm Val by the way." She held out her hand for me to shake when we stopped at the door for studio 5A.

I put my hand in hers before answering.

"Skylar. If you need anything just come find me, I'm usually around this area." She nodded as I opened the door for her. Thor was sitting in a chair behind the mixing station along with Andrew the engineer guy.

Thor turned to face me with a smile. 

"You done restocking the lounge?" I nodded my head as Val walked in, I continued to lean against the door frame. 

"Well there isn't much else I need you for today but you're welcome to chill here for a while. Lord knows what your other half is getting herself into at the moment." a giggle passed through my lips as thoughts of my best friend ran through my head.

"For all I know she murdering Alex." Alex was her current boyfriend. I got along pretty well with him but we weren't very close. I tend to avoid getting close to anyone. Though Thor was an exception.

"That poor boy. So did you want to stick around for a.." He was interrupted as a loud crash came from the glass booth. My eyes traveled up to find a very tall man pressed up against the glass. His face being pushed farther into it by another band member. Val let out a loud laugh as the boys in the booth continued to wrestle around. 

All of them were covered in tattoos, and all of them were rather attractive. 

"Dammit Jimmy get off of me!"

"Don't start with me short shit! I'll kick your midget ass!" I couldn't help but chuckle as the two men continued to wrestle around on the floor. 

I recognized the group, they were one of my favorite bands. Avenged Sevenfold.

I had never officially met them but Thor talked about them all the time. 

"I can see you have your hands full. And as much as I'd love to stay I think I'm going to go. Joe's probably just waiting for an ass kicking." I could feel eyes on me as I stood there. Yet I refused to look over at the guys. 

A knowing look crossed Thor's face as he sat there. It was Thursday, of course he knew. 

He let out a sigh before nodding.

"I guess it is Thursday isn't it? Ok just...let me know how everything goes. Tell the pain in the ass I said hi." I gave him a sarcastic smile and thumbs up before rolling my eyes and shutting the door behind me. He knows I hate when he worries like that. I've told him time and time again that I am perfectly fine. 

I guess that's something I forgot to tell you.. I'm anemic. Well I guess the full medical term is aplastic anemia. Apparently it's like one step away from leukemia. I've had the damn disease since 7th grade. It's gone away a few times but always manages to come back when I'm finally feeling better.

I made my way into Thor's office and grabbed my belongings before heading back out to the parking lot.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Joelle sitting on the hood of my car. 

"Woman how many times do I have to tell you? Get your scrawny ass off my baby!" She squealed as I lunged at her, just barely missing her ankle. 

"Someones grumpy. Thor being all worried again?"

I grumbled out a yes under my breath as we slid into the car. 

Pantara blasted through the speakers as I started the engine. I saw the studio door open as I glanced up from the radio. My eyes immediately connected with those of a certain M. Shadows and Synyster Gates. I gazed at them for a few seconds before pulling away without so much as a glance back.

---------

"Ok Skylar, you're all done for today so you're free to go. But make sure you keep taking your medication." I nodded my head as I slipped my converse back on my feet.

"Thanks Doc. See ya next week." I sighed before following Joelle from the room. She always came with me for my weekly appointments. She had been there since the beginning and refused to let me go through it on my own. Well the fact that I wasn't allowed to drive after my transfusions was another bonus.

My head rested on her shoulder as I stifled a yawn. We walked down the halls like that. I tossed her my keys before plopping down in the passenger's seat. 

It was a struggle to keep my eyes open for the drive back to our apartment. She practically had to carry me to my bed. I have to admit the girl was pretty strong.

The last thing I remember was changing into a pair of basketball shorts and cami before collapsing on my bed and passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story :)

Ok so the anemia thing... Yea I have personal experience with it. I'm anemic and have been for five years now. So that part of the story is based on a personal issue.

Anyways comments are appreciated!

Much love!