Status: Fini

Here's the Key to My Heart

Haunted

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ugh! Come on, I was dreaming here.

I sat up and looked at my alarm clock.

Why do you have to be so loud!?

Eric turned off the alarm and turned on the stereo.

That's better.

He rolled out of bed, got dressed, and went to wait for the bus. It was about 7:30 when her bus pulled up.

“Hey Eric,” said the bus driver as I sat in the front seat.

“Hi, Miss Tin,” I replied.

“Your mother had to work again?”

“Yeah, I had to get up really early so I could actually catch the bus.” I said getting out my ipod.

“Well then, I guess I'll let you sleep.”

“Thanks.”

I pulled my MCR hoodie over my eyes and tried to go to sleep to The Fray. I was half asleep when I felt the weight shift in the seat.

“You don't mind if I sit here do you?” The guy in the seat asked.

“I don't care,” I grumbled.

Wait I think I know that voice.

I peeked out from under my hoodie and saw the back of a guy's head. “Cody?”

The guy turned around quickly, “Huh?”

“OH MY GOD, CODY! I can't believe it's you!” I exclaimed as I gave him a hug.

“Hey, Eric...uh do you mind? Your shoulder is kinda choking me.”

Letting go of him, “Oh, sorry.”

“Don't worry about it. You live in this neighborhood?”

“Yeah I do, and I'm guessing your the new family my mom told me about. Man I should have came over like she told me too!”

“That would have been a nice surprise, considering I was bored to death yesterday afternoon.”

After that we talked to each other when ever we could, and by the end of the day we were a little less shy towards each other.

“Hey, you want to come over to my house?” I asked as the final bell rang.

“Sure, I'll come over as soon as I get home.”

“You can come over right now if you want. My mom picks me up every afternoon.”

“Are you sure she'll say ok?”

“I think she'll just be relived that I actually have a friend.” I had stopped walking when I noticed Cody had stopped and was looking at something. “What are you looking at?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing.” He started to walk again.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back, “No tell me.”

“Ok, as long as you promise not to laugh.”

“I promise.”

“You see that blonde over there in black and red?”

“Yeah.”

“All day I've caught her staring at me, and when I do she acts like she wasn't.”

“Well, maybe the girl likes ya,” I said trying not to giggle.

“Yeah right, I don't even know her name.”

“That's Hannah Vines, but she likes to be called,” Then I said in a dramatic voice, “Raven.”

“Well then I definitely don't like her.” And he started to walk out the doors.

Catching up, “Why?”

“Because, I hate it when people don't use their God given name!”

“I didn't take a for a person who believed in a God.”

“Well, I kinda do and don't I'm more of an Agnostic”

“Oh ok. There's the car.”

We both piled into the back seat with mom eyeing us. “Well, hello who's this?”

“Oh, this is my new friend Cody; Cody this is my mom.”

“Hello, Ms. Smith.” He said politely.

"Hello? I'm guessing your coming over.”

“Yes, ma'am, I hope it's not a problem.”

“Oh no, no problem at all. I'm just glad he has a friend.” A couple of minutes pasted and my mother suddenly remembered something, “Oh, Eric, I forgot, I'm going to have to got to work in two hours.”

“Alright, will you be home by the morning?”

“Yeah, tomorrow is my day off.”

“Ok.”

We got to the house and Cody followed me down to my room.

“Sweet your room is in the basement?!”

“Yeah, it's the biggest room and I can fit all my crap down here.”

“What's on this wall, bands?”

“Actually, the loves of my life, My Chemical Romance, Green Day and Deadstar Assembly. The rest of the walls are just random bands I like.”

After a while my mother came down, “I'm leaving for work, so don't stay up so long. I'll be back in the morning to take you to school.”

“Bye,” Me and Cody replied.

“Man, I hate it when she works nights,” I complained.

“Why?” Cody asked.

“This house creeps me out! I know I'm all alone and I hear doors slamming, vocies, music playing, or footsteps.”

“This house is haunted?”

“That's what I'm beginning to believe.”

“I guess one of these days I need to spend the night and keep you company when your mom works late.”

“Will you stay tonight?”

“What about your mom?”

“Don't worry about it. The worst she will do is ground me.”

“Alright, I guess I need to go tell my parents and get a change of clothes.”

“Thank you so much.” Giving him a hug, “I don't know what to say.”

“You can say you'll walk with me back to my house.”

“Ok, I'll walk with you.”

So we walked down to Cody's house, which was a complete disaster area due to all the moving boxes. He filled a trash bag of clothes and other things for the night. His parents weren't home so he pinned a note to the door and we went back to my house. we watched some movies until we were too tired to do anything else.

I was a little surprised when Cody didn't mind sharing a bed. He said he didn't want to bother me and pulling out another one. We talked a bit more and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let you know I love all of you who read this story.