I Don't Wanna See No More

Chapter Seven

It was finally time for Joe to be back in Los Angeles. I was bouncing up and down in the airport, looking at for Joe to get off the terminal. He was coming back from London.

“Will you please stop bouncing, it’s drawing attention,” Nick said pulling on my shirt. But I didn’t care because in that instance, I saw him.

Wearing his aviator sunglasses, skinny jeans, a grey v-neck and high top Nike’s, my heart skipped a beat as I ran and jumped in his arms.

“You’re back,” I smiled as he spun me around.

“Oh goodness, Kate it’s been too long since I’ve received your airport greetings,” he breathed into my ear.

I pulled away from him and pulled my album out of my bag.

“Before it’s released,” I smiled.

“Siberia? Your album? It’s done?” He asked as we walked back to meet Nick.

“It’s done. I have nothing to do until tour,” I smiled more.

“Nick, hey man,” Joe greeted his brother and put his arm around me.

“Kate, that’s amazing, you finished so much more quickly than expected,” he said.

“I know, I wanted to because I just, I wanted to spend these next few weeks with you before you went on tour,” I told him.

“Kate, if it isn’t perfect though, I can’t,” Joe protested but I stopped him.

“Joe, it’s prefect, ask Nick,” I assured.

“It’s pretty perfect, Joe,” Nick added. Joe kissed me on the forehead.

“This whole situation is perfect. You and me Kate, conquering the world, together,” Joe smiled. We got into Nick’s car, both hoping in the back seat.

“Where to, guys?” Nick asked us.

“Dude, let’s all go to lunch, it’s been so long since we all hung out. Let’s go to Bazaar,” Joe said.

I leaned onto Joe as he held onto me. Everything felt so perfect as we drove down the highway all of us being together, it felt like old times.

When we arrived to the restaurants, we all tried to duck in as we saw lurking cameras outside of the luxurious restaurant. Getting a table in the back, we all sat together, remembering the old times and catching up on what’s been going on.

“So, we have three weeks until I leave for tour, what are we going to do?” Joe asked us both.

“I’m going to be heading out for New York soon for Broadway rehearsals,” Nick said.

“And I’m going to be doing tour rehearsals and soaking in as much of you as I can,” I smiled.

“Well, we should all go away, all of our families and everything next week. Let’s just go somewhere, one more reunion until Christmas. Let’s go to Lake Tahoe, get away,” Joe suggested. I didn’t hate the idea and Nick seemed pretty down as well.

“Mom and dad would love that and I bet Kevin and Dani would fly down for that as well,” Nick said.

“And my parents would love to see your family and to all be together one more time, it wouldn’t be a bad idea,” I agreed.

“Awesome, I’ll have my manager plan it all, seriously, the whole trip is on me,” Joe beamed. He was clearly filled with excitement right now.

Everything worked out. My parents were flying to Lake Tahoe from Seattle and the Jonas’ would be meeting us from Texas as well. Kevin and Dani were also going to be flying from New Jersey to meet us there as well. Nick, Joe, and myself were making the easy flight from Los Angeles to Lake Tahoe to meet everyone at the lake house.

Falling asleep on Joe on our private plane, I felt him carry me out to the rental Jeep. Still being half asleep, I heard a little bit what Joe and Nick were talking about.

“You’re like really happy,” Nick said to Joe.

“I am Nick, I love her, I’m in love with her,” Joe replied.

“So why not just make it official again, it seems that you guys are working,” Nick said.

“I’m asking her this week,” Joe responded. I felt a smile on my face. Sure this fate thing was nice, but being official again would take away all the insecurities away.

The two continued to talk about life and how Nick needed a girlfriend. They also talked about their family and about touring solo until we got to the lake house. I stayed laying down the whole time until I felt Joe open the door and rub my back.

“Baby, we’re here,” he whispered. I sat up and looked a him with a pouty face.

“Can you carry me, sweetie, I’m so tired, from last night and all,” I said in a whiny voice, hoping to get my way.

“Only if I get to have my way with you tonight,” he smirked. I bit my bottom lip.

“Stop that before I take you right here,” he said. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me inside bridal style.

The lake house was huge. Full of windows that allowed a lot of light to come inside the lake house. Inside, there was a grand entry way and a huge living room with a fire place. The dining room was big enough to fit twelve at a dinner table and the kitchen had a six burner stove and a ton of room. Joe carried my upstairs were there were seven huge bedrooms and bathrooms attached to each room. Outside, the lake was right outside with boats and all sorts of activities, including a hot tub. Joe carried me back downstairs and sat me on the couch. We heard cars outside and saw it was Kevin and Dani.

“We should probably help Nick unload all our stuff,” I giggled.

“And say hi to Kevin and Dani,” Joe added. I got off of Joe’s lap and ran outside.

“Dani!!!” I screamed running out to hug her.

“Oh my gosh, Katie it’s been so long!” She said embracing me.

“I’m so excited you guys could come!” I said, pulling Kevin into a hug

“It’s great to see you around again, Kate,” Kevin smiled. He was always such a sincere and sweet guy.

“So, when are the parents and Frankie coming?” Dani asked.

Just when I was about to answer, another SUV pulled up, it was the remainder of the Jonas family and just a few seconds later my family pulled up.

“Mommy! Daddy!” I ran and hugged my parents. I hadn’t seen them in two months.

“Oh Kathryn Grace, we have missed you!” My parents both pulled me into a hug.

“And Denise, Paul!” I said pulling them into hugs.

“Katie, we’re so glad to see you again,” Denise said.

“So, married couples sharing rooms and singles in their own rooms,” Paul said figuring out logistics. I leaned on Joe.

“Yeah, yeah, you two can have a room together when you’re married,” my dad spoke up. Joe rubbed my lower back, we both knew that late at night, Joe would sneak into my room or vice versa.

“Don’t worry, Andrew, we know the rules,” Joe assured my dad.

Once we all got situated in the house and in our rooms, we all met up in the living room. The parents were going to go grocery shopping for food for the week and we were to entertain Frankie. Nick, Dani, Kevin, and Frankie went outside to play basketball on the court and Joe and I decided to go to the hot tub.

“I’ll go get in my swimsuit and meet you at the hot tub,” I kissed Joe on the cheek and disappeared into my room. Joe was already in his swimming trunks.

I dug in my suitcab se and found my bandeau bathing suit top that was black and white polka dots. Putting it on, I put my long hair up and met Joe outside at the hot tub.

“Wow, babe you look amazing,” Joe said, helping me in the hot tub he was already in.

“It’s like you haven’t seen me naked,” I laughed.

“According to our parents, I haven’t,” he said. I sat on Joe’s lap as he rubbed my lower back.

“Yes we’re perfect virgins,” I joked as I rubbed his chest.

“And virgins, of course, can explore,” Joe said in a husky voice as he moved his hands up my sides and onto my chest. I put my head in the crook of his neck.

Joe began to squeeze my chest as I kissed all over his neck. He began to kiss the top of each breast and as he was about to undo my bathing suit top, we heard a noise and pulled apart like velcro.

“Who’s out here?” My mom asked coming through.

“Hey mom!” I said. Joe and I sat next to each other and my mother gave me a look. Joe looked over at me and looked down a little red.

“Kathryn, you, uhm, yeah,” my mom said pointing to her chest. I looked down and saw one of my breast were exposed.

Crap.

“Oh, Joe, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize,” I said really embarrassed, fixing my top to cover everything.

“Kate, how did that happen?” My mother questioned.

“Rough housing,” Joe laughed.

“Yeah we were play fighting,” I laughed a little.

“Oh you two would, just, keep modesty in mind, Kate,” my mom shook her head. When she walked away I ducked my head into Joe’s shoulder and he started laughing.

“Oh that was, something,” Joe said.

“Yeah real funny, luckily my mom is naive,” I said.

“We gotta be careful with all of them around I guess,” Joe said. Soon we got out of the hot tub and we took separate showers and got dressed. I put on some of Joe’s basketball shorts and one of his shirts. Joe came out in similar attire.

“Thief,” he said when he saw me walk downstairs.

“You like it,” I said and he shrugged.

“I do, I like it a lot,” he said pulling me down next to him.

“Joe and Kate can you guys go get the rest of the kids, it’s almost time for dinner,” Denise asked us. Joe helped me up and I got on his back.

“Children! Dinner!” I yelled off of Joe’s back. Joe and I ran around, telling them all it was time for dinner. We kept running around yelling random things as everyone went inside. Joe ran around the grass until we fell over.

“Oh my gosh, that was fun,” I laughed rolling over on top of Joe.

“I love you, Kate,” he said to me. I smiled down at him.

“I love you too, Joseph,” I replied.

“I’m so glad to have you back in my life, that was found months of hell,” he told me.

“I know the feeling,” I said taking in all of his face.

“So let’s just make this thing official again, who cares that we’re busy, who cares that we won’t see each other. I know you’re it for me and I know I’m it for you, no guessing, let’s just be,” he said to me seriously. I looked at him.

“Joseph, I couldn’t agree with you more,” I smiled. He was right, we both knew we only wanted each other. But we also both knew that this was going to be insanely hard and we would have to work hard to make it work.

“We should probably go to dinner,” Joe smiled. I stood up and helped him up. We skipped up to the house and sat at the dinner table with everyone.

Our parents made chicken Alfredo. We toasted to all being together and ate until we were all stuffed. For desert, we had apple pie with vanilla ice cream and the parents demanded we all sit together as a family and watch a movie. It would be Frankie’s choice.

“Kate, what do you want to watch?” He asked me. I shrugged.

“I’ll probably pass out during the movie,” I said truthfully.

“Well what would you want to start watching and fall asleep to?” He asked.

I looked through the instant Netflix choices as I leaned onto Joe.

“Let’s watch Tron,” I suggested. Everyone liked the idea as it was a family friendly movie and interesting enough.

“If I pass out, goodnight everyone,” I said

“Kate, it’s nine o clock, if you pass out, I’m hitting you,” Nick joked.

“Kate always passes out during movies,” Dani said.

“She always has done that since she was a kid,” my mother said.

“She stays awake for two movies, 500 Days of Summer and 10 Things I Hate About You,” Joe stated. He knew me. The movie started and we finally all stopped talking about how much I fall asleep all the time.

I leaned on Joe throughout the movie as he played with my hair. Sure enough, I fell asleep. I heard everyone moving around when the movie ended.

“Joseph, can you carry her upstairs, or wake her up so she can walk?” I heard my mom ask.

“I’ll carry her, Annie, no problem,” I heard Joe reply. Feeling Joe pick me up and carry me, I heard everyone say their goodnights.

“And Joe, straight to your room,” I heard Paul say.

“Of course, dad,” Joe groaned.

“Get married and you can stay over,” he replied. I let Joe carry me into my room.

“I’ll be back when they all go to bed, baby,” he whispered. I sat up from my bed and took out my contact lenses.

“I love you, Joe,” I whispered giving him a tender kiss.

“I love you too, Katie,” he whispered on my lips.

I laid awake in bed, waiting for Joe to come. I was able to sleep without him but with him was way better. And knowing that he was coming in made me excited and unable to sleep. I looked over and saw it was almost 1AM when I heard my door creek open.

“Lock it,” I suggested.

“If it’s locked, they’ll know I’m in here and cause a fight,” Joe whispered as he climbed into bed with me.

“I’ll set my alarm to six so you can sneak out,” I whispered. Joe pulled off his clothes and stayed in his boxers as I cuddled into him.

“Gosh, I can’t wait for the day when I don’t have to sneak out,” Joe whispered.

“Me either,” I mumbled falling asleep into his arms.