Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

Hit Me Where It Hurts The Most

“Dirk, I really appreciate you letting me stay here so last minute,” I said as I drank my coffee. I was surprised to see him up and about so early, especially since I was used to John who was never awake before I left for work.

“It’s no problem, I’m happy to help,” he smiled. “Stay as long as you need to as well.”

“Thank you, so much,” I smiled back.

“Hey, I hope you’re not chatting up my girl,” John said walking down the hallway.

“Wouldn’t dream of it, man,” Dirk laughed.

“You’re up early,” I noted, as John came over to where I was sat and kissed the top of my head. He was walking around Dirk’s apartment in just his jeans while Dirk and I were completely dressed and ready for the day.

“Just wanted to make sure you’ll be alright going in to work today,” he told me. “You don’t have to go, you could always call in sick.”

“I have to face him at some point, so I may as well get it over with,” I sighed.

“Well then, since I’m up, I’ll drive you there,” he suggested.

“Alright got that covered, dude,” Dirk said. “I’m heading to the studio anyway so it makes sense.”

“Sorry,” I said, looking up at John. “Is that alright? You can come pick me up tonight after work though,” I smiled, standing up and putting my arms around his waist.

“Alright, alright, but call me if you need anything today, OK?”

“I will, I’m just going to try to stay of his way though,” I said quietly.

A few minutes later, Dirk and I were getting in his car, ready to head off. John and I had been at Dirk’s for two nights now and in that time, John had barely left my side, so it was to finally get to talk to Dirk on my own. John said we’d met a couple of times before, but I didn’t really remember.

“So, John didn’t really tell me what happened,” he began. “I mean you don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to, I just-”

“My flatmate is a fucking nutter, let’s just put it that way,” I stated flatly.

“Oh right,” he said, staring out at the road.

“Yeah, so I won’t be living there anymore,” I sighed. “But don’t worry, I’ll get out of your hair as soon as possible. I’m sure you don’t want me there too long.”

“No, it’s fine,” he shrugged. “Just get yourself settled.”

After a few more minutes of conversation, Dirk dropped me outside of my work offices.

“Thanks, I’ll see you tonight?” I said, as I went to get out of the car.

“Tash,” he said, putting his arm out to stop me. “I don’t know what this kid did, but be safe, alright?”

“I will,” I nodded.

“It’s just- I’ve known John a while now and if he’s worrying like this, I know it’s for a god reason” he said, looking directly into my eyes. I didn’t know what to say, so I just nodded again and got out of his car.

As I walked into work, I smiled at the people walking to their desks, waved at Hayley the receptionist and made my way to the lifts, where I got in with a few other people. Once on my floor, I walked over to my desk and immediately saw the folders on my desk, which just told me how much work I had to do this morning, a fact I was quite happy about as it meant I could keep to myself.

“Morning, Natasha,” Alex, my head of department said, walking past my desk. I nodded and said good morning back as more and more of my co-workers turned up to start work.

“Hey Tash,” Jamie smiled, walking straight over to me as he came in, “I missed you this weekend. How was yours?”

“Fine,” I told him, as I began to go through the work I had to do.

“Good, good,” he said, taking off his coat and hanging it up.

As the morning went on, I managed to talk as little as possible and keep my head down. When lunch came around, I was able to get out of the building fast, giving Jamie no chance to suggest having lunch together. It was until the afternoon that I finally had to talk to someone about something other than work.

“Hey Tash, everything OK?” Maria asked, as she walked past my desk.

‘Yeah fine,” I smiled at her. “Just calculated a budget for a summer tour, now I’m sending off a proposal meeting for a video for another band and then I’m booking studio time for another.”

“That’s good,” she said. “But I meant with you. You seem quiet today and it’s weird not having you and Jamie joking across the room all day. Anything wrong?”

“No, no,” I said, as confidently as I could.

“Alright well, let me know if you need anything,” she said, before returning to her own desk.

“Hey, I’m just going to the copy room,” I told Jenna who sat at the desk next to mine. “Can you get my phone if it rings?” She agreed and I made my way down the corridor.

As I made a few copies of an agreement I needed signed when I next had a meeting with one of my bands, I got lost in my thoughts and began humming to myself.

“Avoiding me?” a voice said, causing me to jump from shock. I turned around to see Jamie stood in the doorway.

“No, I’ve just been busy today,” I lied. “Beginning of the week always means lots of work.”

He shut the door behind him and walked further into the room.

“Oh, because it seems to me that you are,” he said. “You’re not home, shut me off this morning and you ran out of here so fast at lunch you would have thought the building was on fire or something.”

“I think you’re reading way too into this Jamie,” I said, turning back to the copy machine.

“You do? Oh right,” he said. “So anything you want to talk about, Tash?”

I looked at the blank wall in front of me and thought about it. I had promised Lucy that I wouldn’t mention anything to Jamie about what he’d done until she gave the OK. For now, I had to act as if nothing was wrong.

“Tash? Nothing to say?” he prompted. I was stunned. The guy disgusted me in every way. The next thing I knew, I could feel him stood directly behind me. “I know you know,” he whispered into my ear as I gasped.

“I don’t-”

“Don’t fucking lie,” he said at a normal level. “So what now? You’re going to avoid me for however long we work here? You think you can go about your daily business knowing what I did?”

“You can’t get away with it forever,” I said, my hands gripping the machine to hide the fact they were shaking and my eyes were shut so I didn’t have to look at him.

“Right, and what exactly are you going to do?” he laughed.

“You’ll get what you deserve in the end, don’t worry,” I said, turning around to face him and finding that he was still stood right in front of me.

“I will, huh?” he said, whispering into my ear again. “What I think I deserve is right here in front of me,” he moved his lips closer to until he kissed my cheek. “And now I’m going to get it.”

He placed both hands on my shoulder, gripping them tight and holding me in place as he kissed my lips. As I struggled under his grip, I moved my head away from his.

“You are such a tease, Tash, and now you want to play hard to get, even better.”

“Jamie, we’re at work,” I groaned.

“So where do you suppose we do this?” he asked, releasing one hand to let it travel down my body. He brushed over my chest and slid it down until he reached my trousers. My breathing had already become raised and my heartbeat doubled. “Make any noise now and I swear I will ruin your life,” he continued to whisper.

“No,” I groaned, trying to push his off me. “Fuck off.”

This time he didn’t say a word. Panic had set into me now as he griped my hips with his hand. I felt a tear fall from my eye as closed them. I dreaded what he was about to do but I wasn't going to let it happen.

As I heard Jamie moan, I then heard a cough come from the doorway. I flashed my eyes open to see Jenna stood there.

“Tash, you’ve got a call,” she said, a half smile spreading across her lips. I nodded at her, thankful that she had come in at that moment. “At work guys, really?” she winked, before walking away from the copy room.

“Smile and don’t you dare say a word,” Jamie demanded as he walked away from me.

I picked up the copies from the machine, smoothed out my clothes and wiped my face. Walking directly back to my desk, I sat down picked up the phone and acted as if nothing was wrong.

For the rest of the day, I didn’t speak or make eye contact with anyone in the office. As soon as 5pm came around, I was up and out of the door. I felt awful and had to get out of there. Walking out onto the street, I saw John’s truck across the road and ran straight over, jumping in the front.

“How was today?” he asked, as I shut the door.

“Just take me home,” I said bluntly.

“Tash, did he say anything to you?” he asked, his voice laced with concern.

“I said, take me home,” I repeated.

“Tash-”

“NOW JOHN!” I demanded. I was about to break down and was letting John see it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Been a while since I actually updated this properly, so here you go.