Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

Change

I walked out of work that night in a much better mood than I’d entered in. Rumors had begun to go around the office about what had happened to Jamie but I mostly just ignored them. Everything there were saying wasn’t right anyway.

I spotted John’s truck parked down the road slightly and could see him leaning against it. Walking faster to meet him, a smile grew across my face and I threw my arms around him.

“Well, you're certainly in a better mood,” John commented.

“I feel like a weight has been lifted,” I said, still holding him to me. “It’s not completely gone though.”

“It good to hear,” he smiled as we pulled apart. “I might have something tat might make your mood even better too.”

He opened the passenger door to his truck and as I saw who climbed out, the smile on my face grew even bigger.

“Big bro!” I said, as Jared held out his arms for me. “What are you doing here?”

“I hope you don’t mind, I told him what was going on and he wanted to come make sure you were alright for himself,” John explained. “I was actually at the airport picking him up when you called earlier.”

“Plus I missed my little sis,” Jared added with a smile, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

“Oh, you two are my favourite men!” I smiled as we got into John’s truck. “But Jare, you realise it’s only been a week since you saw me on new year, right?”

“So are you ready to go to your apartment?” John asked as he started the engine.

“With you two here, I think so,” I nodded.

He drove the few streets to my building and we all go out and walked to my door.

“Are you ready for this?” asked John, as I searched for the keys in my bag.

“Yeah, it’s easier if I just get it out of the way,” I sighed. I unlocked the door and the three of us stepped inside quietly. “Jamie?” I called out, before talking John’s hand and walking towards the living room with Jared following behind. None of us spoke as we entered the empty room. We all looked around be there was no sign of anything being out of place. John looked at me and even though we didn’t say a word, I knew what he was thinking- ‘what’s he up to?’. I shrugged my shoulders at him and quickly looked towards the kitchen, still nothing.

I turned around and walked back out to the hallway and walked over to Jamie’s bedroom door. Still without saying a word, John and Jared came and stood behind me like my own personal bodyguards. I looked up at John and back at the door in front of me before taking a deep breath.

I knocked on the door softly and waited. No answer. I knocked on the door again but slightly harder this time. Still no answer. I placed my hand on the handle and twisted it slowly.

“Jamie?” I called, as the door swung open.

The room was empty. Everything was gone apart from the bed and a couple of other pieces of furniture.

“Oh my god,” I said, quietly, as I walked further into the room. As I reached the bed, I saw an envelope placed on it, which had my name scribbled on it.

“I guess I’m about to find out what’s going on,” I said, sitting on the bed and holding up the envelope to Jared and John. They came and sat on either side of me as I opened the envelope, inside which there was a folded up piece of paper and a key, which was to the apartment.

Tash,
I’m sorry. That feels like the only way to start this. It’s probably not worth much, coming from me, but I honestly mean it.
I never meant to do the things that I have and I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to fully explain why I did. But since you moved here, I haven’t been feeling like myself. I’ve never met anyone else like you and I realize this sounds insane but I see you with John and wish it was me instead. I tried to ignore the feeling for the past few weeks but I couldn’t any longer. That is why I’ve had to leave. You won’t see or hear from me again. Please apologize to Lucy, John and anyone else I’ve hurt. I don’t expect any of you to forgive me. Do what you want with the rest of my stuff, I won’t be back for it.
I’m sorry.
Jamie.


“Well then,” I sighed, as I folded the letter back up.

“He wanted to be with you?” John questioned. “That fucking jerk! I mean, I know I never liked him but come on!”

“John, calm down,” I told him, standing up from the bed. “He’s gone, there’s nothing else we can do now.”

John, Jared and I left the bedroom and I began to look around the apartment at the stuff that he’d left behind. He’d left more behind than I though, which made me think that he’d escaped the apartment as quick as he could, taking with him only what he could at the time.

“So, what are you going to do with this stuff?” Jared asked.

“I don’t know, pack it up and get rid of it, I guess,” I shrugged. “I don’t want it here.”

“That’s understandable,” he nodded. “Well, whatever you need to do, I’m here to help.”

“Thanks, Jared,” I smiled.

“So, I guess you’ll need to look for a roommate now?” John said, sitting on the couch next to Jared.

“No, I don’t think I can,” I told him. “I think I’ll just look for another apartment, maybe a one bedroom place this time though.”

“Really? Oh, I like this apartment,” John commented.

“Yeah, Jamie might be gone, but I can’t live here anymore,” I told them. “You don’t think Dirk will mind if I stay there while I find another place, do you?”

“No, not at all, he’ll be fine,” John smiled.

----------

After a couple of hours of packing up boxes, the three of us decided to give up for the night and headed back to Dirk’s apartment. When we arrived, dirk was happy to see Jared and we told him what had happened today. It was getting late and I still had work in the morning, so John and I decided to head to bed. John was still acting like my own bodyguard, which was nice to know that he care that much.

“So when are you going to start looking for a new apartment?” John asked, as I pulled my shirt over my head.

“As soon as possible,” I told him. “I feel bad for Dirk having us here, even if it has only been a few days so far.”

“OK, well, I’ll help you,” he told me, pulling off his shirt and jeans. “Are you sure you want a one bedroom place though?”

“Yeah I think it’ll be easier, plus I don’t mind my own company,” I said, walking over to the bed in my underwear. “Also, if you come to stay, we won’t have to worry about anyone else being there.”

“That’s kinda why I asked earlier if you were going to look for another roommate,” he said, as we climbed under the covers.

“What is?”

“I was going to offer to be your new roommate,” he smiled.

“Are you serious?” I asked, my eyes going wide as we sat up in bed. “How would that even work with the band and you family?”

“I could work that out if it came to it,” he explained. “Plus Arizona isn’t that far away, I’m sure if your family can cope with you being so far away then mine will be fine too.”

“So are you saying...?”

“I wanna move in with you, Tash,” he grinned. “I love you and I want to live with you, here in LA.”

“I love you too and I think that living with you would be perfect,” I told him as I cuddled into his body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit as before

Haven't really had a chance to read through this so I apologise for any stupid mistakes in it. Hope you still enjoy this one!

Also, I seem to have gained quite a few new readers/subscribers recently, so thank you to you for checking it out, and thanks to all the old readers for sticking around!