Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

Take Me Home Tonight

“Seriously, I am so so sorry!” I said looking up at the face beside me.

“It’s OK, honestly, it’s just skin it’ll dry, I’m more worried about the spilt alcohol!” he laughed.

“Well, let me buy you another drink, make up for spilling that one,” I smiled.

“Thanks. I’m John, by the way,” he said, holding his hand out, which I shook.

“Nice to meet you, John, I’m Barratt, Natasha Barratt. Just call me Tash though!”

“Hi, Tash,” he smiled, before letting out a quiet laugh. “Are you British?”

“Er, yeah,” I laughed, as Lizzie placed a drink in my hand. I noticed that We Are The In Crowd had finished and more people were coming to the bar. Kennedy leaned into John and said something in his ear before turning back to Garrett.

“Hey, um, we’re gonna head backstage to see the Every Avenue guys before they go on, but I’ll get you that drink later!” he told me with a smile before walking away.

“BUT I OWE YOU THE DRINK!” I called after him and he just turned back and flashed another smile to me.

I turned around to see Lucy and Lizzie grinning widely. When we get excited together, we tend to burst into a ridiculous dance where we just seem to bounce about, which is exactly what we did now. That was until I felt a tap on my shoulder. and turned round to see John stood there.

“Er...oh, hi!” I said, standing still.

“We just wondered if you wanted to come back with us? To the band area, you know.”

We agreed and walk back with the guys. Second day in California and here we were already at a gig and being taken backstage by someone from a band. Once we got backstage, we headed into one of the dressing rooms to find Tay and Jordan of We Are The In Crowd and Josh, Matt and Dennis of Every Avenue sat around. John, Garrett and Kennedy said hello to everyone before Josh turned to me.

“Hey you’re the girls from the beach earlier, right?” he asked and we all nodded in response. “Dave’s gonna be so happy you guys came.”

“So if you’re British, what are you doing here and how do you already know band guys?” John asked me quietly, whilst the others made conversations between them.

“We’re here on holiday and meeting Dave and Josh earlier was just a chance thing, I guess!”

“So what else are you going to be doing on your holiday?”

“Well, we’re off to Warped tour tomorrow then spending couple of weeks here. We’re hoping to do a couple of days in Las Vegas as well at some point before we fly to New York to spend some time there too.”

“Sounds like you’ve got that all planned out!” he laughed. “We play Warped tomorrow, you should come see us play!”

“I know.”

“You know?”

“I know who you are, you’re in The Maine, don’t worry I was already planning on coming to see you guys!”

“Awesome, so at least there’ll be one person watching us,” he smiled. As soon as he did, I could feel myself melting inside.

“Three, actually. My friends like you guys too.”

“Hey guys, 5 minutes,” a muscly tanned guy opened the door and told Josh, Dennis and Matt who got up and headed out of the room.

“We should go back out front too then,” Kennedy said, getting up and coming over to me and John with Garrett following.

As we got back to the main room, we found an empty spot and got ready to watch Every Avenue play.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gig Outfit (as before)

Sorry for being slow on the updates. I've got quite a bit written so hopefully they'll start coming a bit faster now. And John is now completely in the story!