Sequel: Back to Black

Falling Inside the Black

Chapter 9

After many hours I dried my tears and returned to the castle. Wiping at my tears once more to clear any stray tears or makeup. I wrenched open the door planning on taking a bath and turning in early for the night. All the desks had been moved back to the wall and stacked along with Remus’ desk leaving a grand open area with a trunk at the head of the room. Harry and Remus turned at my intrusion.

“Ella” Remus’ greeted standing to his feet “Glad to see you’re all right. Gave me quite a scare.” He said nervously shoving his hands into his pockets.

“Well as you can see I’m perfectly fine.” I said bitterness lacing my words more than I intended it to. Remus’ face fell slightly and I immediately felt guilty.

“Perhaps you could assist my in helping Harry with the patronus charm? “ he asked hopefully. I glanced at Harry seeing he was fidgeting with his wand with an unreadable expression across his face.

“Erm...sure.”

“Professor” Harry interrupted quckly straightening up “theres something I would like to ask Ella before we start.”

Remus nodded his head and turned back to the trunk giving us some what a little bit of privacy.
Harry began fidgeting with his wand again before looking back at me. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked either to the point of screaming or tears I couldn’t tell which.

“What are you talking about? What didn’t I tell you?” I questioned beginning to worry over how upset he was.

“That Sirius Black betrayed my parents!” he snapped. I felt my mouth go dry and my throat tighten.

“Harry” I whispered “I-I thought you knew. Why else did you think I was so surprised when you were so easy to accept everything I told you the other day. I assumed you knew.”

“Well I didn’t” he snapped back turning his back on me.

‘No! No no no no! This can’t be happening I just got him back’

“Ha-“

“Alright let’s begin before it gets too late.” Remus said clasping his hands together. “Ella would you like to demonstrate as I explain?”
I still continued to stare at Harry though he had turned to Remus. I did too. I gave him a nod before taking my position and withdrawing my wand.

“A Patronus is a kind of positive force, and for the wizard or witch who can conjure one, it works something like a shield, with the Dementor feeding on it, rather than him. In order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory… Allow it to fill you up... lose yourself in it... then speak the incantation "Expecto Patronum”. Ella are you ready?”

I took a deep breath closing my eyes and clearing my mind as I did so of what had just happened. I nodded. I heard the click of the trunk. The images of my happiest times flew before my eyes from the first day on the train meeting Sirius for the first time to meeting Lily, to mine and Sirius’ first date at the three broomsticks, numerous of our kisses, to graduation, to our wedding to Leo’s birth. I opened my eyes.

“Expecto Patronum!” I said strongly as a wispy foggy form of a shaggy dog came from the tip of my wand and charged at the dark figure. Launching itself as it began biting snapping scratching and clawing at the boggart form of the dementor.

After my demonstration I retreated to the room listening as Harry and Remus continued on with their lesson. I showered and changed into silk nightgown and robe. I settled on the ledge of the window and rested my head on the cool glass. As all the memories of the day raced towards me again I felt the tears race down my cheeks once more……
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=Chapters
(Sorry my Polyvore is being stubborn and wont cooperate so until its fixed I won't be able to post a link to outfits)