Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

Begining of Fifth Year.

Today is the first day of classes, I was going to potions with Kris."Why is it always dark,damp and cold down here?!" Kris said and I laughed. "Well it's dark because it's the dungeons so the dampness sometimes blows out the lamps,it's damp because it ....well I don't know why.But supposidly my common room is under tthe Black Lake and cold cause well, it's damp and there's no heating." I said and she rolled her eyes. "I see,well fix it." she said and I maughed, "somebody's grumpy." I said and she sighed, "my grandma sent me an outfit." she said and I started laughing. "It's not funny!" she said and I nodded, "Yes, it is.Because your grandmother has horrible taste." I said and she nodded, "that she does." she said and I opened the door to potions.

Classes went on until Divination where I met Kris before going up.Today we were doing Tarot card,now I've worked with Tarot cards before and they've worked so I was a bit nervous to do this today. "Okay lets see what's in store for you Kirssy." I said and I shuffled the deck, "put your hand on top of it." I said placing it on the table,she put her hand on it and then removed it,"Pick four." I said and held the out spread out, she picked four and I put the rest to the side and lined up the three. "Okay." I said and flipped the first one, "dread." I said and flipped the next one, "worry." I said and flipped the next "adventure." I said and flipped the last one, "happiness" I said raised an eyebrow at her,she shrugged and now we did mine.After the shuffle I put my hand on top of it and picked four."Okay." she said and flipped the first one, "amusment." she said and flipped the next, "pain." she said and fipped the next, "love." she said and now the last , "adventure." she said and looked at me.I shrugged and now we went to lunch.

It's Defense Against the Dark Arts now and I was sitting with Kris talking,while a paper bird flew around.Seamus Finnigan hit it and then Crabbe hit it with a sling shot,when it came by I flicked it when it started to land near Kris's head,then it set on fire near the Patil twins."Good morning, children." Professor Umbridge said and we all turned to look at her pinkness."Ordinary Wizarding Level igzaminations. O.W.L's or commanly known as Owls." she said stopping in front of us all and folded her hands."Study hard,and you will be rewarded.Fail to do so and the consequences may be, severe." she said and floated some book onto our desks.It looked like a childrens book."Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven,but you'll be pleased to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured Ministry approved course of Defense Against the Dark Arts.Yes?" Umbridge said answering Granger's raised hand. "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." she pointed out as I flipped through the book ,"this women is bonkers." I said to Kris who nodded, "please do not whisper in class. Using spells? Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." she went on after scolding me."We're not going to use magic?" Weasley asked and she turned to him, "you will learn defensive spells in an intirely safe invironment." she went on and I scoffed, "crazy old bat." I said and she turned to me, "please Miss...." she went on, "Blanchard." I said and she smiled, "Mis.Blanchard,please do not talk out of turn." she said and turned away."Well what's the risk of that? If we're attacked it won't be risk free." Potter said and I actually agreed with him, "Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class.It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which after all is what school is all about." she went one, "and hows theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Potter went on."There is nothing out there, dear.Who do you imagine would want to attack children, like yourselves?" she asked and Potter rolled his eyes, "Oh,I don't know.Maybe, Lord Voldemort." he said and I stiffined,after that vision last year I couldn't get it out of my head,seeing Voldemort rise again.It was silent and some people whispered and a pencil fell, "Now let me make this,quite plain. You have been told a certain Dark wizard is at large once again.This is a lie." she said and I stiffened more, "it's not a lie,I saw him.I fought him!" Potter went on, "Detention Mr.Potter." she said walking to the front again, "So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord!" Potter said and I grabbed Kris's hand and she squeezed it back."Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." she said and Potter steamed, "it was murder Voldemort killed him,you must know that!" he went on."I saw it too!" I yelled and it went quiet and all eyes went on me, "oh is that so dear,please tell me.You weren't in this Tournament,so how do you know?" she ask sweetly and I stiffened and looked her in the eye."I saw it in a vision,moments before it happened." I said and she giggled, "you seriously don't think I will believe that you arewin fact, a physic." she said and I looked her straight in the eye, "It's true.Everyone knows it! Even Dumbledore knows it!" Potter yelled and it went quiet again,seeing as how a Gryffindor just defended a Slytherin."It'r true." Kris mummbled and I looked at Umbridge who looked at me."You'll get what's coming to you." I said and she stiffened, "Detention Miss.Blanchard,with Mr.Potter.My office." she said then did a weird giggle.After class Kris and I walked out, "I can't believe you got detention on our first day." Kris said and I sighed, "it's nothing."I said and spotted Potter, "I'll meet you in the Transfiguration courtyard to do homework,okay?" I said and she nodded and walked off."Potter! Hey Potter!" I called and he turned around and stopped to let me catch up, "You guys go on." he told Granger and Weasley, "Can I help you?" he asked and I sighed, "thank you,for defending me.I had a vision of it happen minutes before it happened,I thought she should've known your not mad." I said and he nodded, "so you saw Voldemort come back, right?" he asked and I nodded, "It was scary,getting that vision.It must've been worse for you,to actually have been there." I said and he nodded,"it was horrible.How's Kris handeling it?" he asked and I sighed , "she got over it,I hope.But she's fine."I said wit ha slight smile and he smiled a little too."Good,she's a good person. I guess I'll see you at detention." he said and I nodded and went to the courtyard.

It was time for detention so I went up to her office,it was all pink and she was drinking tea."Hello, Miss.Blanchard. Mr.Potter isn't here yet so please have a seat." she said motioning to the small desk on the left of her desk,I sat down and waited and a few moments after the door opened and Harry took a seat. "Good evening, Mr.Potter." she said and looked at us both,"You both will be doing some lines for me today." she said and I looked at the piece of partchment. "No, not with your quills." she said as we reached for ours, "you'll both be using a rather special one of mine." she said and handed up both this strange quill, "Now,I want you both to write, 'I must not tell lies'. " she said standing behind Harry, "How many times?" he asked and she smiled at me."Well,let's say,as long as it takes for the message to sink in." she said turning to the window, "you haven't given us any ink." I said and she turned slightly, "oh you won't need any ink." she said turning back,I glanced at Harry and he looked at me and shrugged.I turned to the paper and started to write,my left hand started to itch so I scratched it and went on,now it was hurting.I finished my 1st line and looked at my left hand confused,I watched as 'I must not tell lies' started to etch into my skin,it started to bleed and I looked at Harry who looked back at me confused.She walked in front of Harry and looked at us, "Yes?" she asked and I snarled "nothing." I said and she looked at Harry, "nothing." he said and she smiled, "That's right,because you both know,deep down you deserve to be punished,don't you Mr.Potter? Miss.Blanchard?" she asked glancing at me, "Go on." she said and we went on writing.Once we finished we walked out and stopped outside in the hall, "How's your hand?" I asked and he sighed and showed it to me and I showed my equally identical pale hand."We better go to Madame Pomfrey." he said and I shook my head, "No,it could make things worse for us,and we have the rest of the week full of detention."I said and he nodded, "Unfotunetly,I know you're right.Well,goodnight Faith." He said and I nodded, "Good night,Harry." I said and he smiled, "see you around." he said and left.I walked to the common room and looked at my bleeding hand.Before walking in I licked the blood off of my hand and went inside and up to bed.

I finished my detentions with Umbridge,I've been using a conceilent charm on my hand so Kris wouldn't see it and freak.Today I was going to Hogsmede with Kris so I met her outside before leaving,she was wearing her grandma's picked outfit for her.Kris hates yellow,she also hates skirts so of course the outfit consisted of yellow, and even worse a yellow skirt."Oh hello there sunshine." I said and she glared at me, "hello black hole." she said and I looked at my usual black outfit, "c'mon." I said looping arms with her and we walked down to Hogsmede.We went to the Three Brooksticks and sat down and took off our jackets, "oh my god,Faith. Your hand!" Kris said grabbing my left hand, apparently I forgot the charm."Is this what detention with Umbridge is?" she asked and I nodded, "why didn't you tell me? and why haven't I seen it until now?" she asked and I sighed."I didn't tell you because I knew you would freak and I used a conceilement charm on it." I said and she sighed, "that Umbridge is a bitch. "she said as out Butterbeers came.We hung out until we went back to the castle for dinner and then we hung out in the Room of Requirement until we had to go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Faith's Hogsmede outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34937707

Kris's Hogsmede outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34937470