Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

O.W.L.'s

Today we got back to Hogwarts. I’m glad to be back, I miss everyone in the D.A., and they’re all just so fun! Faith and I are on our way to the Room of Requirement. On our way there we see Malfoy. I want Faith to be alone with him so I quickly make up an excuse and run like hell to the room. I walk in the room to see that there are giant couches and loads of movies and a flat screen T.V. I put in the movie Interview with a Vampire and waited for Faith to come into the room. I left her 20 minutes ago, where could she be? And when that thought was finished she walked into the room and sat down next to me.

“Hi,” I say.

“You little bitch, you leave me with Draco and then you come in here and put on my favorite movie?” She replied.

“Well, I know that if I left you with Malfoy you would have wanted to kill me. But with your favorite movie on you would not want to kill me. At least that’s what I was hoping for.” I answered.

“Damn you! You know me so well!”

“Uhh…..Duhh!” We laughed and continued to watch the movie until I ask, “So, how’s Malfoy?”

“Why do you care? You’re obviously trying to set us up.” Faith replied.

“I know; I’m just curious.” We finished the movie and went off to our common rooms to get a good night’s sleep. I lie down on the bed and fall asleep almost immediately.
Someone shook me awake. “Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?” I moan.

“I’m sorry Ms. Hale. You are needed in Professor Snape’s office,” Professor McGonagall said.

“I’ll be right there ma’am.” I slowly get up and put on my slippers and walk to Snape’s office in my pajamas. I’m too tired for this. Why now!? Whatever he wants me for I would like to wait for, I don’t know, some other time, just not this one. I think it’s five in the morning. I make my way toward Snape’s office and open the door. My hair up in a ponytail, probably ruined, and right now I feel like a trainwreck.

“Nice of you to join us, Ms. Hale,” Snape said.

“Why am I awake so early?” I ask.

“You’ll see.” We moved out of his office and into the potions classroom, I see Harry sitting in a chair. What happened did he do something wrong? Did I do something wrong?

“Ms. Hale, you will need to help Mr. Potter with his Occlumency. And because no other student can help him you will need to teach him how to push you out of his mind. Got that Potter?” Snape said.

“Yes, sir. But why Kris?” Harry asked.

“Ms. Hale will you please have a seat. You will need to observe this lesson so you know what you are dealing with,” Snape said pointing his wand to Harry saying, “Legilimens.” I now understood what he wanted me to do. I pushed my mind into Harry’s without Harry noticing, I watched as Snape delved into Harry’s thoughts, memories, emotions. I didn’t know there was a spell like that. Well, I guess I don’t need to learn it. But with all the thinking I was doing I completely missed that Harry reversed the spell onto Snape. I quickly jumped into Snape’s mind, if anything happens I’ll need to defend Harry.
I stand next to Harry while he sees that Snape is being tortured by Harry’s father.

“They were never the best of friends.” I tell Harry.

“I can see, and I can now see why he wanted you here to help.” He replies.

“Well, you know. I told all the teachers if they ever needing assisting in almost anything they could always ask me to help.” I start fading from the memory, I know what’s about to happen so I turn to Harry and say, “Harry I don’t have much time, get out of Snape’s mind and make amends. I’ll be back in the room most likely passed out. I’ll explain everything later.” I finished just in time. I come to my senses in my own thoughts and pass out. I wake up with Harry next to me.

“Are you alright?” He asks.

“Yeah, you?” I reply.

“Fine, why did you just pass out?”

“It takes a lot of energy to project myself into another person’s mind. I entered yours and then I quickly had to get out and enter Snape’s. That was not easy, I only passed out once before.”

“And when was that?”

“Fourth year; the first task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, I was talking to Faith and then I had to quickly talk to Cedric to tell him good luck.” I start to tear up at the thought of Cedric. I miss him. Harry hugged me and said, “It’s ok. Let’s get your mind off of him for a bit. When would you like to help me practice?”

“Ummm…..well, the O.W.L.s are in a couple of hours……hmmm……we’ll practice when those are finished, in the Room of Requirement. Cause from what I’ve seen today, you need a lot of help.” He laughed at this and agreed.

“Make sure you eat,” Harry said. I gave him a smile and walked off. I went to the Great Hall in my pajamas and ate everything I could; I also read in the Daily Prophet that ten Deatheaters escaped from Hogwarts. Oh, geez. But I shouldn’t focus on that, I went up to the Ravenclaw tower and put on my robes and went back down to the Great Hall to see that it was transformed into a testing site. I took my seat and waited for the proctor to let us begin. We stated and once I looked inside I found it to be quite easy, I answered every question to the best of my knowledge. I was almost done with the O.W.L. when Fred and George came flying through the room on broomsticks throwing fireworks everywhere! I ran out of Hogwarts along with everyone else to see the show they put on is being finished out in the courtyard. I was having a blast, but I felt weird. I saw Harry, he looked pale. Oh, shit. I ran over to him and made sure he was okay. Voldemort entered his mind! I went into Harry’s mind to try and get Voldemort out, but I couldn’t he’s too powerful……..I tried with everything that I have, but it wasn;t enough. I pull out of Harry’s mind and the both of us faint at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kris' pajamas- http://www.polyvore.com/kris_pjs/set?id=35086022