Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

Theoden King

"One part of your journey is over another now begins." Gandalf said as they made their way out of the forest. "War has come to Rohan, we must ride to Edoras. With all speed." Gandalf explained as they finally made it out of the forest. Once they were out and in the open Gandalf looked at Kyna. "Call your horse." He instructed before he whistled for his horse. Kyna nodded and whistled her call to her horse. After a little bit a pure white horse came running out of the woods with a horse that was all black except for the storm cloud on its head. The both came running majestically toward the group. Legolas, who was standing next to the two horses given by the riders, stepped forward and looked at the two horses. "They are of the Miras, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Legolas said in awe. The horses came up and the white one stopped before Gandalf while the other stopped before Kyna.
"Shadowfax, lord of all horses." Gandalf said bowing slightly to the horse before petting the horse. "This one is Storm, Shadowfax's youngest and wildest son." Kyna stated as the horse nudged her in the arm. Kyna laughed as she stroked the horse’s nose thoughtfully. "Shadowfax has been my friend through many dangers." Gandalf said stroking the horse. After he was done petting Shadowfax they all mounted their horses. Aragorn rode his brown steed, while Legolas and Gimli rode the white one. Gandalf rode on Shadowfax and Kyna rode next to him on Storm. As soon as they were all on and Storm was done playing around they made their way has quickly as possible to Edoras. The only sound in the air as they rode was Kyna telling her horse to slow down every once in a while. In almost no time at all they came upon the small kingdom.
They paused for a moment to take in the sight of the city. "Edoras and the golden hall of Medoseld, their dwells Théoden, King of Rohan, whose mind has been overthrown." Gandalf Said. "Saruman's hold over king Théoden is now very strong." Gandalf explained as they paused again twenty feet away from the gate. "Be careful what you say, do not look for welcome here." Gandalf stated before urging Shadowfax forward. The companions watched as the flag of the great city landed on the ground by the gate before continuing on their way into the city. They quickly made their way past the villagers looking at how solemn they seemed. "You could find more cheer in a graveyard." Gimli commented as they rode up the incline. Once at the top of the hill they dismounted their horses at a stable and made their way to the great hall.
They were met on the stairs by a soldier. "We cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed Gandalf Greyhame, by order of Grima Wormtongue." The soldier stated. Gandalf nodded and motioned for the others to disarm themselves. The soldier who stood in front of Kyna seemed to think she had nothing to hand over. Kyna laughed slightly as she slipped her bow and arrows of her shoulder and out from under her cloak and handed it to him. The soldier jumped, surprised that she was armed before blushing and taking the weapons she presented for him. After they had all gotten rid of their weapons they made to go forward but were again stopped by the soldier. "Your staff." the soldier stated. "You would not part and old man from his walking stick?" Gandalf asked. The soldier shook his head and turned to allow them in. Gandalf to make sure the act looked real looped his arm through Kyna's who stood on his left.
They slowly made their way past the guards and towards the king. Kyna scrunched her nose in disgust when she saw Grima whispering into the king’s ear. Kyna then calmed herself and made her face impassive. The company glanced around looking at who was all inside the hall. The doors had been closed as soon as they entered meaning if there was a fight they had to fight. "The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Théoden King." Gandalf stated walking forward and releasing Kyna's arm. "Why should I welcome you Gandalf Stormcrow?" The King mumbled out. After Grima again whispered something to the King he stood up and looked at the five people standing in front of him. His eyes scanned the group resting a moment too long on Kyna before he started to speak.
"Late is the hour, in which this conjuror chooses to appear, Thus ill news isn't ill guessed." He said standing almost directly in front of Gandalf. "Be silent, keep your forked tongue behind your teeth, I have not passed through fire and death to band witless words with a worm." Gandalf said holding his staff in front of him. "His staff, I told you to take the wizard's staff." Grima yelled backing up. The soldiers standing in the room moved to attack the company. The four held them off while Gandalf slowly approached the king. Kyna punched one of the bandits who came after them in the nose successfully breaking it before kneeing him in the face and knocking him out. The rest of the group was doing the same as Gandalf was speaking to Théoden. Once all of the men, including Grima, were taken care off they turned to see what Gandalf was doing.
Gandalf stood almost directly in front of the king and was staring at him with his staff in hand. "I release you from this spell." Gandalf said holding his hand up to allow his power to flow. The whole hall seemed shock as they heard the king laugh and mutter "You have no power here Gandalf the Grey." Gandalf threw off his cloak and allowed his power to radiate out. "I will draw you Saruman as poison is drawn from a wound." Gandalf stated. Pushing his staff toward Théoden who was now pinned to his throne. "If I go Théoden dies." Saruman stated through Théoden. Gandalf again thrust his staff forward pinning Théoden back. "You did not kill me, you will not kill him." Gandalf stated. "Rohan is mine." Théoden again spit out. Gandalf thrust his staff forward one more time. "Be gone." Gandalf stated successfully freeing Théoden.
Eowyn who had been caught by Aragorn broke away from him after Gandalf relaxed. She ran to her uncle and grabbed him just before he fell off his throne. His eyes slowly became unclouded and the age that had consumed him slowly melted away to reveal a man with blonde hair and a short beard. "I know your face." He stated looking at Eowyn. He brought his hand up and rested it on her cheek before whispering "Eowyn." The others in the room let out a breath of relief as they saw the king return to himself. "Gandalf?" Théoden questioned. "Breathe the free air again my friend." Gandalf said looking at the man in front of him. Kyna smiled seeing Théoden return to himself after being hidden in the darkness for far too long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!!!