Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

The Return

Kyna hurried down the stairs and past people until she was standing in an opening by the door. There she waited for the men to enter into the stronghold. She was soon joined by Eowyn who stood right next to her as Théoden entered the castle. Eowyn went straight over to Théoden while Kyna walked up to Legolas a Gimli who were getting off their horses. As soon as Legolas was off his horse she threw herself into his arms thanking whatever deity there was that he was safe. Kyna then pulled back and smiled up at Legolas but it soon turned to a frown as she saw his grim face.

"Legolas, what ails you?" Kyna asked. The brunette then looked around and stopped before looking back at Legolas. "Legolas" she said. "Where's Aragorn?" She asked. Legolas looked down at his feet. He felt as if he had failed the woman in front of him by not being able to bring her brother back to her. "Legolas?" Kyna questioned resting her cool hand on his cheek and pulling his face up so that he was looking at her. "He fell." The elf whispered sorrowfully. "What do you mean?" The woman asked. Her eyes widened at the thought of what he might mean but hoped to god she was wrong.

"During the fight, he fell of the side of the cliff fighting off a warg and its rider." Legolas said. "He's gone." He whispered the second part just barely loud enough for her to hear. Kyna's hand dropped to her side limply, having been on Legolas' cheek the whole time. She felt like her world was closing in around her. Her brother, the one who had always been there for her. The one that used to teach her how to hunt and do things that she would need to know. The one who had always been looking out for her no matter how bad it was for him. He was gone. Tears filled her eyes and she started to cry silently for the loss.

As she started to cry she felt strong arms wrap around her and hold her close as she cried. "Come, let's move." Legolas' voice whispered softly to her. Kyna held tightly to the elf as he moved her away from the crowd and to a deserted stairwell. Legolas let go of Kyna to sit on the stairs before pulling the girl down and into his lap. He held her tight to his chest as she cried. He wished that he could have done something to help Aragorn. "I'm sorry," He whispered tightening his grip on her. "Don't be, it's not your fault." Kyna whispered wiping her eyes that had started to grow red from crying.

"I feel like it is though." Legolas stated. "It could have happened to anyone, I was just so used to him always being there that I never thought he would ever be gone." Kyna said changing position in his lap so that she was looking at his face. Legolas looked at her and gently wiped away the tears that had been pooling beneath her eyes. "Please stop crying." He pleaded. "I can't stand to see you like this." Kyna smiled halfly and leaned into Legolas kissing him on the lips. Legolas responded immediately and kissed back. It wasn't like the other kisses they had shared; this one was desperate, as if the other could disappear at any moment. Which in all senses was true. Kyna pulled back and looked at Legolas. "Promise me that you won't leave me." She whispered snuggling farther into his chest. "I promise." Legolas whispered.

He knew it was a promise that may be near impossible to keep but for her he would try. After sitting there together for a while more they broke apart and started to head to find Gimli when they heard a commotion coming from the gate. They both looked at each other before heading down to the gate. "He's alive!" They heard several women cry out as they walked toward the gate. Kyna felt hope rise up in her chest as they stopped outside of the crowd that had formed. They were just about to push through when the crowd broke and Aragorn came through.

Kyna threw her arms around Aragorn and pulled him close. She then pulled away and cupped his face with her hands and looked into his eyes before once again hugging him. "I swear Aragorn you ever do that to me again I will kill you myself." Kyna whispered pulling away and just looking at him. "Are you hurt?" She asked seeing his scraped shoulder. "I'm fine." He stated before laying a kiss on her forehead and turning to the blonde elf next to her. "You're Late." Legolas stated in elvish. "You look terrible." He then informed looking at his friend. Aragorn laughed slightly looking at the elf.

Aragorn laid his hand on Legolas' shoulder with a smile before letting his hand fall to his side as he looked at the elf and his sister standing side by side. Legolas then held out his hand to Aragorn who stretched his hand out curiously. Legolas set Arwen's evenstar in Aragorn's hand before the ranger realized what it was and looked up at the elf. "Hanno lee (Thank you)." Aragorn said looking at Legolas. The elf nodded his head before all three of them turned and headed to where the king was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in a long time I had really bad writers block and on top of that final's and I was taking care of three rambunctious rugrats every weekend so i had no time to write. So enjoy. I have gotten back into writing this so I will again be updating every weekend and depending on if I have time more than that due to Summer vacation.