Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

A Great Host

"A great host you say?" Theoden asked after hearing the ranger's tale. "All of Isenguard is emptied." Aragorn confirmed looking at the king. "How many?" The king asked with his back to the others. "Ten thousand strong at least." Aragorn replied. "Ten thousand?" Asked Theoden turning to look at Aragorn in disbelief. "It is an army bred for a single purpose." Aragorn stated. Theoden turned and looked at Aragorn waiting for what was to come. "To destroy the world of men." Theoden's eyes widened as he thought about the situation they now were presented.
"They will be here by nightfall." Aragorn relented. Theoden turned and started a fast pace toward the door. "Let them come." He said as he made his way out the door and down one of the roads. "I want every man and strong lad, able to bear arms ready by nightfall." He ordered his commander while Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Kyna followed him. They walked out to the main door of Helm's Deep and walked just outside it so Theoden could explain his plan. "We will cover the cause way and the gate from above." Theoden explained.
"No army has ever breeched the Deeping wall, or set foot inside the hornburg." Theoden said looking around Helm's Deep. “This is no rabble of mindless orcs. These are Urak-hai." Gimli stated from his spot by the gate. "There armor is thick and their shields broad." Gimli explained. "I have fought many wars master dwarf. I know how to defend my own keep." The king said boring down on Gimli before heading back inside Helm's Deep. They followed him again giving Gimli a slight pat on the arm to stop him from brooding.
Once again inside they made their way onto the outer wall as they followed Theoden. "They will break upon this fortress like water on rock." Theoden said walking along the wall. "Saruman's hoard will pillage and burn, We've seen it before." He said making his way onto the second innermost wall. "Crops can be re-sown, homes rebuilt, within these walls we will outlast them." Theoden said confidently. "They do not come to destroy Rohan's crops or villages. They come to destroy its people. Down to the last child." Aragorn argued looking at the king.
Theoden turned around and looked at the ranger. "What would you have me do?" Theoden whispered menacingly as he grabbed ahold of Aragorn's shoulder. "Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread." Theoden stated before pausing for a while. "If this is to be our end then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance." Theoden said staring at Aragorn before letting go of his shoulder and turning to once again walk away from the troubles he knows he will be up against.
"Send out riders my lord." Aragorn pleaded. “You must call for aid." Aragorn informed him trying to help protect the people of Rohan. "And who will come?" Theoden asked walking back up so that he was right in front of Aragorn. "Elves, dwarves, we are not so lucky in our friends as you. The old alliances are dead." Theoden stated. "Gondor will answer." Aragorn said. "Gondor." Theoden growled. “Where was Gondor when the west fold fell, where was Gondor when our enemies close in around us, where was Gon-," Theoden trailed off. "No my Lord Aragorn, we are alone." Theoden stated before walking off. Not even sparing a glance over his shoulder at the ranger.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will not be posting next week on Saturday or Sunday due to the fact that I am leaving to go camping for a while. So I will post as soon as I am able to after my camp trip.