Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

The Battle of Pelenor Fields

Kyna sat atop Storm as she watched the soldiers rush to prepare. Her armor glistened in the sunlight of the day as she watched fires be put out and tents quickly taken down. She stayed in her place next to the path waiting for the king. Kyna knew this battle would be a great factor in whether Middle Earth won the battle or not. The brunette looked back to where the king was talking to Merry before taking a deep breath and getting ready to leave. As soon as the king passed her she took up a place behind him and started Storm as a steady trot. Only looking back to see Eowyn pull Merry onto her horse, and to glance once more at the path of the dead.
Kyna slowed just a tad to be able to steady her horse next to Eowyn and Merry. Ignoring Eomer as he called to everyone to move out. "Ride, Ride now to Gondor." Theoden called as they left their camp and started out on their journey. Kyna passed a glance to Eowyn and Merry as she rode. They both nodded to her slightly as they galloped across the land. "Be careful Merry and you be careful as well young rider." Kyna told them. "I will try my best to keep you two safe but if ever I am separated from you two, do not stray away from each other." Kyna stated before ushering Storm up closer to the king so that she would be aware of what was going to happen.
* * * * *
Kyna looked out over Pelenor fields as they crested the hill. They had already breached the city and there were so many of them. "Gandalf, Pippin, please be safe." She whispered into the wind as the companies horns sounded loud and clear. They all came to a stop once they were on top of the hill and then waited for the next order to come from Theoden. Kyna sat tall in her saddle as she listened to Theoden give commands to the group leaders. Kyna smiled slightly as Theoden started a speech in hopes of giving his men hope.
"Arise, Arise riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake; fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!" He called out to his men. Kyna took a deep breath and readied her sword and bow. Theoden then grabbed a horn from one of his men and blew a mighty note. Soon the rest of the horns were played just as hauntingly as the sound of a black storm. "Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!" He shouted when the tune was the strongest. He then gave a command to his horse and they sprang forward, with the rest of the company following him.
Storm sprang forward as well, riding with great speed toward the enemy. The orcs drew their bows and with a shout of fire a volley of arrows came down upon the riders. Kyna dodged one as it skimmed armor and struck uselessly into the ground. They continued to fire in volleys until instructed to fire at will. Kyna pulled out her bow as well and aimed her arrow. Using her thighs to grip ahold of Storm she fired an arrow straight into the forehead of one of the front orcs. She continued to fire to the best of her ability until the horses connected to the front line. Re-holstering her bow, she sprang into action and drew her sword, ready for a fight.
Chaos then ensued as horses connected to orc skulls and swords connected to battle armor. Kyna watched as the orcs fled before their company. Her sword delving into their necks and abdomens as she fought with all her might. Kyna turned quickly and saw Eomer being surrounded. She knew she would never make it to him in time. "Better now than never." She mumbled to herself as she drew fourth her magic. She could feel it tingling to life in her hands. The raw power residing there unbelievable. Concentrating her power she pushed her hand towards three of the attackers. With a pop of pink light, the three orcs fell dead. "Kyna sighed with relief as she watched Eomer finish off the other three.
The man nodded to her in thanks and she nodded back before turning to continue fighting. At least now she had magic on her side. "Make towards the river." Eomer shouted. The group turned and prepared to head forward but were stopped in their tracks. The orcs were running back in order to hide behind a group of oliphants that were heading their way. "Reform the line." Theoden shouted quickly, not willing to give up. Kyna came to a halt right next to the king on Storm. "King Theoden, it has been an honor to ride with you." Kyna stated to him as they stood watching the Oliphants. "Indeed, the same to you." The king replied. "Take them head on, CHARGE!" The king commanded.
The riders once again charged forward toward the oliphants. The gigantic creatures swung their tusks and through horse and their rider out of the way as if the weighted nothing. Kyna watched carefully before drawing her bow and riding underneath one. Careful to dodge the legs and orcs, she shot arrows into the throat, belly, and legs of the beast before coming out on the other side with her bow once again re-holstered. Turning quickly on her horse, she summoned a blast of magic and sent it at the hut on top of the beast. The magic cut though the tent causing it to collapse and kill those inside, at the same time the oliphant crashed to the ground due to having its neck pierced.
Kyna shot arrow after arrow at the men on top of the creatures. Looking to where she saw Eomer, she allowed a smile to play on her face as she watched him kill one of the oliphant directors, causing him to take out two of the creatures. Kyna nodded slightly before turning and plunging her sword into the neck of an orc. As she continued to fight off the orcs, she scanned the battlefield for Merry and Eowyn. Scanning the ground near the oliphants she caught the barest glimpse of them as they took down one of the creatures. Digging her heels into Storms sides she urged the horse over towards where she had seen the two. But she soon lost sight of them and again turned to slaying orcs as she tried to catch sight of them again.
Kyna turned when she heard Theoden call, but only in time to see him get thrown to the ground, pinned underneath his horse, by the witch king. She tugged on Storms reins but the horse would only go so close to the creature. "Storm please." She begged the horse, but she could see that he could not go any closer. "Be careful, my dear friend." She whispered to the horse as she dismounted. She was then faced with a dozen orcs coming towards her. She stabbed and slashed at some while she threw orbs of magic at the others. Kyna watched in awe as she saw Eowyn slice the head off of the beast. "May the grace of the valar protect you." Kyna whispered as she continued to fight off orcs in a desperate attempt to get to her friend.
The next time she caught a glimpse of Eowyn was as Merry plunged a sword into the witch kings back and the evil man dropped Eowyn. She then watched in awe as Eowyn removed her helmet before releasing a battle cry and stabbing her sword into the middle of the witch king's mask. She then watched as the witch king shriveled up and fell to the ground in a heap of metal and fabric. But her time of watching was her downfall. As she spun around she was caught in the side with an orc blade. She yelped in pain before bringing forth her powers and lighting the orc on fire, causing him to turn into a pile of ash.
Grasping her side she pulled her hand back in shock as she felt a tingle run along the edge of the cut. She glanced down for a moment, to see the wound healing before her very eyes. "Well that's helpful." She whispered as she turned and continued to fight orcs. The brunette whipped around when she heard one coming towards her back and smiled when she saw Storm stomp the orc into the ground. "Good job Storm." She stated as she climbed into her saddle and took a look over the fields. For the first time she noticed the army of ghosts slaughtering orcs as they swept through the land. "Aragorn." She whispered. Her strength seemed to be renewed after that. Her fighting picked up as she continued to fight towards Eowyn.
Once she got to the center where Eowyn and Merry was, she dismounted and hurried over to the woman. Eowyn had tears streaked down her face as she lay by her uncle and his horse. Kyna motioned Storm over and with a little help from Merry, they helped Eowyn into the saddle. Kyna then helped Merry up onto the horse as well. "Merry be careful, Storm will take you out of harm’s way and then he will deliver you to the castle, but watch for orcs." Kyna said before whispering a command in elvish to the horse causing the stallion to take off. Kyna then turned and looked out over the fields. Most of the orcs had already been slaughtered, if not by men then by the ghosts.
Kyna walked towards the city as she saw Storm rushing in towards the houses of healing. She soon found Gandalf and without even a second thought threw herself into his arms and hugged him tight before doing the same with Pippin. "Where's Merry?" He asked looking at the brunette. "Storm is taking him to the houses of healing inside the city." She soothed the hobbit. She then continued to walk with them until they came upon Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, and the host of ghosts. Kyna watched as the ghosts faded into the wind like dust and smiled. Kyna then hugged her brother and Gimli before turning to Legolas.
They both froze as they looked into each other’s eyes. Kyna then hurried over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck as he wound his arms around her waist. They stood perfectly still like that just relishing the fact that they were both still alive. "Unfortunately the battle is not yet done." Kyna whispered as she looked up into Legolas' eyes. With a smile she kissed the elf like her life depended on it. Once they pulled away from the kiss, Legolas smiled at her and rest a hand briefly on her stomach, before the lace fingers and followed the others towards the citadel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update I have been really sick and really busy to the point all i have been doing is eating sleeping going to band and chorus tutoring and going to school but I am trying to catch up a little bit so enjoy.