Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

The War Ahead

Kyna sat and watched as the sun hit the horizon causing the deep blue of night to burst into hues of pink and purple. She continued to watch as the purples faded to pink before fading into the clear blue of a new day. Her sigh was the first thing heard in the sunny morning. "It figures that the day one of the key battles is fought, that it would be so beautiful out." She whispered as she caressed her still flat belly. "Hopefully this is not to be the last beautiful day we see." Kyna said standing up from the rock she was sitting on and walking back toward her tent.

Once there, she grabbed her pack and everything she needed and whistled quietly for Storm. The stallion came running towards her and then bowed it's head as soon as he was in front of her. "We ride to battle today Storm. If I try to go the wrong way then you may stop me. I'm not the only one whom needs protecting today." Kyna whispered letting out a shaky breath and hooking her supplies to the saddle. Storm lowered her head and gently nestled the brunette's cheek in a sign of affection. "This could very well be the last battle we fight." Kyna said before patting the horse on the nose and turning to head towards Eowyn's tent.

Once she reached the faded tent she pushed open the flap and ducked inside. Eowyn gasped and jumped when she heard someone enter. Shortly after Kyna came into the tent, Aria ducked in as well. "I thought maybe you would need some help suiting up for battle." Kyna said looking at the armor that set on the woman's bed. "You won't stop me?" Eowyn asked looking from Kyna to Aria. "No this is your choice." Kyna stated. "We only ask that you be careful." Aria finished. "Now let's get you two suited up." Aria said with a smile.

It was quiet in the tent as Kyna quickly slipped on her armor and weapons before turning to help Eowyn into hers. Aria had disappeared shortly after they were both dressed so that she could say goodbye to Eomer and help him into his armor. "Eowyn, I need you to take Pippin on your horse with you, that way I know you two will have each other's backs." Kyna whispered staring out of the small crack in the flap of the tent. "I will." Eowyn agreed as she took Kyna's hair and quickly braided it out of her face. "Eowyn, I will try to have your back as best I can as well but I have to be very watchful of myself." Kyna said sitting down heavily on the shield maiden's bed.

"What's wrong?" Eowyn asked watching as the usually strong woman crumpled into her seat. "Elrond, master of Rivendale and surrogate father to me, visited camp last night." Kyna started motioning for Eowyn to sit down by her. "He has a gift, he is able to see into the future and he saw into mine. Now I haven't been feeling well the last couple days and I have found out that I am with child." Kyna finished letting out a long breath. "It's the elf's isn't it?" She asked. "Yes it is and he is aware of the fact that I will be fighting in this war. He trusts me to come back to him and I am hoping his trust us not misplaced." Kyna said folding her hands in her lap. "Well at least I'll have my magic to protect me this time around." The brunette whispered to herself as she stood and helped Eowyn put on her helmet before heading out to their horses. Ready for the battle ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys how have ya'll been? Yes I know I know, I have once again missed an update and for that I am sorry. I was away all weekend and sick all week. Still am sick too. Don't let anyone kid you being sick sucks. So here is my update and yes this is the last chapter before the big fight.