Under The Venice Sky.

Venice, 1480: one of the shining jewels of the world, a thriving city of the Renaissance. Here, the great thinkers and artists thrive; from Da Vinci to Machiavelli, the masters hone their skills among the canals.

Another future master lives in Venice at this time, fine tuning his abilities from the rooftops, diving down to inflict justice upon the corrupt and the scoundrels. This man is Ezio Auditore da Firenze and he is an assassin.

It is this scene that Amy Pond, her fiance Rory Williams and the Eleventh Doctor find themselves in when the Doctor decides to give his human companions a wedding gift. Tensions are high; Rory is convinced Amy fancies the Doctor, Amy doesn't know if she wants to get married and the Doctor is gleefully unaware of any of this.

When Ezio rescues Amy from an attempted mugging, things go from bad to worse. Now, Rory blames the Doctor for bringing them to Venice in the first place, Amy is enraptured by the enigmatic Italian who dropped on her from the sky and the Doctor is too fascinated by everything to realize the problem unfolding underneath his nose.

How on Earth are they going to get out of this one?

Written for this contest. This is an alternate story to Vampires of Venice and the dates have been adjusted to fit. I don't own any of the main characters, I'm just weird and felt like crossing them.
  1. Requiescat in pace.
    In which we meet Ezio and a blue box appears in Venice.