Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

01

I stared out the sitting room of the condo I lived in with my best friend Taylor. Chicago was beautiful in the summer. The skyline was incredible at night. I looked around and I couldn't believe that I was back in Chicago for a another year before heading back to Minnesota for summer vacation. I heard a jingle. I looked around. My bracelet fell off. I struggled to put it on. I remember Nick giving it to me before I left for Chicago. God did I miss him. 'NL + SA' was engraved to the heart charm that came with the bracelet. We both kept in contact for the first few months we were apart but we slowly drifted apart and we lost touch. I was sad that we didn't talk as often as we did back in Minnesota, I just hoped one day like I planned, we will reunited again.

The door burst opened. "SAM!!!!!!" screamed my roommate/best friend Taylor. She ran up to me. "Welcome home!" she hugged me.

"Tay?"

"Yeah?"

"Can't breathe." she let go.

"Sorry." I laughed. "So.. How was the class trip to Europe and Asia?"

"It was great. The cooking lessons were amazing."

"Meet any cute Italian boys?" she smirked.

I shook my head. "No. I was just there for the cooking lessons."

"Uh huh. Sure." She said walking into the kitchen to grab a few water bottles. "Are you sure you didn't because, doesn't Italy have like the cutest boys?" she continued handing me a water bottle.

I laughed. "Sure it. I was there for the culinary lessons Tay. NOT for the boys. I'm still holding my heart for someone else."

She turned her head towards me. "Who that Leddy guy who now plays for the Hawks?" I spit out the water. "WHAT!?" I rushed to my laptop and googled 'Nick Leddy'.
"Sam. You aren't seriously going through this again." Taylor asked me.
"Going through what. He was the love of my life when I moved Minny."
"I just hate to see you go through this again. Why don't you give up. He probably has a bunch of teenage girls waiting outside his door step." I turned around. I sighed. I guess she was right. "I guess your right." She walked up and patted my back. "There are other fish in the sea. Especially if you’re a cook. All men like a woman who cooks." I laughed. "Yes but having a man who can cook is not bad either." We laughed. I turned around back to my computer. "Okay so, last time I checked Nick was drafted to the Wild NOT the Hawks." I said googling Nick on my computer. "Hey now. You've been gone for like a year. Things changed, but to let you know from one and a half hockey seasons you missed…"
"Yeah, and I missed my hometown team win the flipping Stanley Cup." Taylor stuck her tongue out at me. "Sucks that you were in Italy." I rolled my eyes at her. "I hate you sometimes." She smiled. "If you hated me you wouldn't be my roommate." She walked over and closed my laptop. "Forget about him for now and tell me all about Italy." she said. I knew that from this point on I just had to let Nick go.

Image

"Sprinkle a bit of the Basil you previously chopped up and Voilà! There you have it four cheese lasagna. Now my little chefs, your homework assignment is to create a menu option for your restaurant. Each of you have chosen a background for your cuisine, you've done your research and now off you go to make your restaurant. Class dismissed. I'll see you next week for progress on the assignment." the teacher, Chef Linguini said. Everyone packed up their things and headed out the door. I walked to the hangers to put my apron away until I heard Chef Linguini call my name.

I walked over nervously. "Yes chef?" I asked. "My neighbor got me two tickets to the Chicago Blackhawks Convention next weekend and unfortunately I can't attend. Little birdie told me that you are a big fan. I'm just wondering if you could the tickets off my hands because if I didn't, it would have been a complete waste of money." I smiled. "Are you for real? The tickets and passes cost a lot." "Well I thought that you've been doing an outstanding job with all of your assignments and dishes that I'd like to reward you." He handed me two passes for the convention. I took the passes from him. "Thank you so much Chef Linguini." He chuckled. "Not a problem. Now I’m looking for an outstanding menu for your Italian Bistro." I nodded, "Yes, not a problem. I won't let you down." I grabbed my things and headed for the door. "Oh have fun next weekend!" he said as I walked out. I did a little happy dance walking out of the building not caring what people were thinking out on the streets. I raced to my condo hoping that Taylor wasn't home yet.

When I got to my door I fiddled the keys in my hand struggling to get the door opened. I finally go t the door to open after 3 minutes of struggling, I set my bag and keys on the table that was in the doorway. "Tay?" I called out. No answer. I walked around. "Anyone home?" Still now answer. 'Yes' I thought to myself, she hasn't come home yet from class or work. I rushed to the kitchen and started grabbing a few bowls, pots, pans and cooking utensils to start making Taylor's favorite dessert. I glanced at the time. I might as well start dinner, I grabbed my phone and texted Taylor not to worry about ordering out and that I'd start dinner.

I heard the door opened and hid the desert somewhere she couldn't find. "Hey Sam, I’m home!" Taylor said walking into the condo. "Mmmm. It smells good in here." she said walking into the kitchen. I laughed. "I learned this new technique in class today for lasagna and I just wanted to try it. " I told her. "It looks so good." she commented. I laughed some more. "Okay then let's eat or in Italian, Andiamo a mangiare." "And who taught you that?" Taylor smirked. I blushed, "Fine. Maybe I went out on a date with one Italian boy." She took a fork out of the kitchen drawer and pointed it at me. "You better tell me." "Put the fork down and I'll tell you." I said putting my hand on the fork and pulling it down.

As we finished dinner, I collected the plates and walked back to the kitchen.
"So, what's the big news?" she asked me.
"I don't know what your talking about." I said continuing to walk and placing the dishes in the sink.
"Sam, come on, I know you. Your my best friend. When there's exciting news you cook some fancy dinner."
I turned around to see her arms folded across her chest.
I turned towards the fridge and got out the dessert.
"Crème brûlée?" I said turning around with the dish in my hands. I saw a smile creep on her face. She sighed. "Fine! But your still telling me." She reached out to grab it until I snatched it away from her. I shook my head. "Not yet." I set it down on the counter and took my small torch and turned it on. I took the torch and lightly finished the Crème brûlée top. Taylor shook her head, "Such a perfectionist." I laughed, "Not a perfectionist, just chef in training."

"Uh huh."

"So, my teacher wanted to talk to me after class…"

"Who, that single hot Chef. What's his name. Chef Linguini?"

"Your just mad that I have a hot teacher and you don't. Plus he's married."

"That's what they all say." she said taking a scoop of the creamy custard.

"That's not the point. The point is that he gave me Hawks Convention tickets."

She swallowed and took a gulp of her water. "What?"

"Yeah, something came up and couldn't go and apparently it was his treat to me since I'm such an outstanding student."

"Uh huh sure."

"Fine if you don't want to go, I'll ask someone else." I said pulling out the passes out of my pocket. Suddenly she went in shock.

"You weren't kidding."

"Nope."

Image

The next week has been hectic. I've been planning my menu for my Italian restaurant. I've at least done 18 drafts of what I wanted on the menu and none of them stuck with me. Taylor on the other hand has been freaking out on what she was going to wear and bring to the convention since everyone that is going gets to stay at the Hilton hotel. Finally it was Friday and we are leaving to check into the hotel in about an hour. "Tay, do you have everything that's necessary? Remember we're leaving in an hour." I called out. "Yeah, I'm almost done." I sighed and continued to watch the news on TV.

An hour later I turned everything off, the power cords, the electronics we were leaving behind, that way save a load off the electric bill. I stood near the door with my suitcase. "Tay, if your not coming, I'm leaving without you." She walked out of her room with her suitcases behind her. "Now you know you can't do that." She said. I folded my arms across my chest. "At why is that?" I tapped my foot. "I'm your bestie, silly." she poked me in the shoulder, "who else would you take?"

"That cute Italian I met. He lives in Chicago." I commented back smirking a bit. "I. Hate. You." "You can't do that. You love me or else you wouldn't be coming with me." "Okay okay. I love you now let's go. I got a boyfriend to see." I laughed. "Sure…. The boyfriend in your head." I said closing the door behind me. "One day. One day. He will be mine!" she exclaimed as I put our suitcases in the trunk of my car. I closed the trunk and rolled my eyes. This will be the greatest three days of my life. "Let's go!" I said walking to the drivers seat of my car. We got ourselves situated before we drove off to the Hilton.

"So, Mr. Teacher gave the passes to you just out of nowhere." Taylor said breaking the silence barrier.

"Yeah. I told you the entire story already." I said keeping my eyes on the road.

"Well, it's not everyday where you get Chicago Blackhawks Convention passes. It's either sold out and really expensive."

"Tay, I don't know he told me I could have them. He also said that the rooms come with the passes he gave me so..."

"Wow. Some teacher." I laughed.

When we got to the hotel the and one of the valet service people came up to my window.
"Oh no thanks, I don't need a valet." I told them.
"Miss Samantha Anderson?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"We were told to complement valet service to a Samantha Anderson. Complements of Giorgio Linguini." Taylor snickered in her seat. I was astonished.

"Uh okay." I said getting out of my car and handing him the keys. I turned around to see the others grabbing the suitcases from the back. "Not a problem Ms. Anderson." he said getting into my car. "Right this way." The bellhop with our suitcases on the luggage cart said. Taylor and I shrugged and followed him into the guest service area. "You may check in over there. I'll wait with your things." "Thank you." I said to him. I walked over to the front desk. I rang the bell and the front desk clerk came around.

"Ah, Miss Anderson, Welcome to the Hilton."

I looked at him confused. "Hello." I said.

"Yes, very well, I have a guest suite with two beds with two baths." I scanned our hotel keys. "Hey you go. I hope you have a lovely stay for the Convention." I took the keys from him and grabbed the wallet out of my purse. He looked at me amused. "That won't be necessary miss. Everything is already paid for. Complements of Giorgio Linguini." I was stunned. "Th-thank you." I said walking away. Taylor saw me walking over.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is fine and pre-paid for?" I said walking into the elevator with her and the bellhop with our things.

"Really, by who?" I opened my mouth but I remembered the bellhop was with us. The elevator rang. "After you ladies." he said. We walked out and went to our room. We opened the hotel room and walked in. We looked around stunned. It beautiful in here. The bellhop took our things and placed them off of the luggage cart. "I hope everything is to your liking miss." he said. I nodded. "Yes thank you so much." I took out a twenty from my pocket. "Thank you so much." I said handing the bellhop the twenty. "No thank you." He said walking out of the room with the cart.

"Sam!" I turned around to see Taylor with her hands on her hips. "Care to explain."

I put my hands up in defense. " I don't know."

"I'm starting to think Mr. Chef has a crush on you." She said poking me in the stomach.

"No. That's impossible. He's married."

"Yes, but he's still like 23. Not much older than we are."

"Yea and it's gross. He's my teacher."

"Yeah but it's not illegal. Your old enough."

"Subject change. What are you going to wear? Ceremonies start in a few hours unless you want to walk around till then."

I looked around the Grand Ballroom. It looks a lot smaller when it's packed. Honestly, there were so many people in the room that it was tough to find out where you're going. Luckily we found a good spot in the crowd. The lights dimmed down and everything was about to start. The players were being introduced. I looked up after hearing Nick's name being called. I stared directly at him for a few minutes. "Sam, staring won't change anything." Taylor whispered in my ear. I shook my head. He cut my hair like it was senior year. I almost started to tear up.

The ceremonies were long but the video was amazing. I wished I had stayed to see this season. It looked amazing from what they showed in the video. After the video was over the players threw their signed convention hats in the audience. Taylor threw her hands in the air like the other fans in hope of getting the hat. I took out my phone to see what time it was and I felt something hit me in the head. I rubbed my forehead to see a convention hat in my arms. I looked up to see the players wave and walk away. "Hey no fair!" Taylor said. "What? Can't a girl get a signed hat by getting hit in the face first." I said waving the hat in front of her. A smiled slid on her face. "What?" "Guess who it's signed by." I looked at the hat. "Number 8?" "That number 8 is that Nick Leddy guy you so happened to have dated." I looked at the hat. "Sam. Just keep it as a remembrance of him." She joked. She grabbed my arm, "Come on, we'll be late for Second City."

"That was something." I said walking around with Taylor after the Second City performance. "Hey, that amount of screaming just for one player is acceptable here but no where else." she said. I laughed at her. "I think I might head back up. I still have to create that stupid menu for class and I have nothing." "Come on Sam, your thinking about school at a time like this?" she said. "Yeah, I want to do something with my life first." I laughed. "You'll be fine down here?" I asked her. "Yeah, I'll be fine, until they kick me out." I laughed shaking my head. "Don't do anything illegal!" I said to her parting ways. I gripped my bag close to me, making sure I didn't run into anyone.

"Sam?" I heard my name. I stopped in place feet away from the elevator. "Sam?" That voice said again. I turned around my face in shock to who I saw. "Nick! Uh Hi!" I said walking close to him. The bodyguard people near him stepped in front of him. He put his hand in front of them. "I knew that was you, who caught my convention hat." he said pulling me into a hug. I laughed, "Well I didn't really catch it. It sorta hit me right in the face." "It… what?" he said pulling away. "Are..are you okay?" I laughed to myself, Nick was always protective of me. "Nick I'm fine. Promise." "Good. Good." He said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Why don't you come up to my room. We could catch up." I smiled. "I'd like that." Nick and I walked to the elevator up to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little run in with the rookie. hehe.

6 subscribers already.
Thank you so much. <3

Comments are appreciated for the next chapter. :D

-Sam