Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

02

"Nick…" I said as we walked into his hotel room. "Sam…" he mocked. "First, I'd like to say congrats on making it to the NHL." I looked at Nick who sat on the couch. He pulled me onto his lap. I glanced into his eyes with a smile on my face. "Thanks." he said smiling back. My cheeks flushed red. "Second, why didn't you tell me that you were traded to the Hawks." I playfully punched him in the arm. Nick took my hand and lightly rubbed his thumb over the top of my hand. He sighed. "Sam… I tried calling you and it said it didn't go through. I even asked your mom and she said it was the right number. I wasn't sure what was going on so I just stopped." I looked at his dark green eyes. "I lost my phone a few months after coming to Chicago. I got a new number. When I called my mom I told her to tell you just in case you wanted to contact me. Maybe she heard me wrong or something." He smiled. "Well, it's fine." He kissed my hand, "We're here now and that's all that matters." My cheeks turned even more red. "Okay stop that." "Stop what?" he said innocently. I pointed my finger at him. "That. Seducing me with your looks." He chuckled. "I just missed you that all." he looked at my wrist. "I see your also wearing your bracelet." I lifted my wrist and shrugged my shoulders. "Uh yeah. I never took it off because I couldn't forget about you Nick. My roommate doesn't even believe me when I told her that I dated you." He rested his forehead against mine, "Maybe we can change that." I smiled, "Yeah. We could." He leaned in to kiss me. Our first kiss in two years. We pulled apart. My smile was even bigger. He laughed. "So what's up with you now that I know that you didn't disappear off the face of the planet."
I told Nick all about my class trip to Italy and how I was there for like a year.

Sooner or later it was nearing eleven pm. Nick and I were engaged in our conversation we lost track of time. "Nick, I have to go. My roommate will think I ditched her." I said getting up from the bed. We started out on the couch but ended in the bed. Let's just say Nick likes to make good first impressions, even though we've known each other for a while. "Okay fine." he said in defeat. "How about I take you out to dinner, both you and your roommate, that way she knows the truth." He opened the door for me like a gentleman. I walked out but turned around facing Nick who was leaning on the door. "Don't make it awkward. I mean, a young gun of the Chicago Blackhawks out with two girls. You don't want people thinking your not who you are." he chuckled. "Okay fine, I'll bring a friend, almost like a double date." I smiled, "As long as it's not Toews." He raised his right eyebrow. I shook my head. "She's obsessed with him, by obsessed I mean favorite player and person." He pulled me into a hug. "Okay, we'll see. So it's a date?" I laughed. "It's a date." I replied. "It was nice to see you again Sam." he whispered in my ear. "Same here Nick." I whispered back. I pulled away and slowly started walking towards the elevator to my room. When I got inside the elevator, I bit my lip and smiled tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I slipped out my room key and swiped it in the door. I closed my eyes as I walked into the room hoping that Taylor wasn't awake waiting for me to come back. I slowly tip-toed to my part of the room. I light turned on and I jumping seeing Taylor sitting on the couch. "Well look what we have here, Liar." I put my stuff down. "Tay, I can explain." I said putting my hands out in front of me. She stood up. "I have all day." "You might want to sit though." I said sitting on the bed across from her. I explained to her everything that happened after we parted a few hours ago. "Sam, are you really going through this again?" she said. "Okay, if you seriously don't believe me I have a date with Nick after tomorrow's convention stuff and he asked me to bring you and he'll bring a friend so it's kinda like a double date. So if you don't want to be alone tomorrow night, I suggest you want to come." She stared down at me for a few seconds and sighed. "Fine. I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes." she said walking out of my room, "Night!" she waved.

Image

My alarm clock went off and I stuck out my hand to hit the snooze button. I shook my head a little and glanced at the clock. 7:03 a.m. Ugh. I stumbled out of bed and took a quick shower. When I finished I changed into my Blackhawks apparel for the day's events that would be going on. I walked into the living room area to see Taylor already dressed and ready for breakfast. We walked down to the nearest Starbucks for our first meal of the day. I walked up to the cashier and ordered a Spinach, Feta, Egg White Breakfast Wrap and Iced Green Tea Latte. I paid and waited for my things. I watched Taylor order as I saw the barista put together my order. My order was called and I walked up to get it. I thanked him and sat at a table. A few minutes later Taylor sat down with her food. She didn't look at me or say anything, she just started eating. There was an awkward tension between us. I continued to take bites out of my breakfast wrap as I stared at Taylor.

"What?" she said. I swallowed.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Mad, no. Concerned. Yes."

"I'm not crazy."

"I do believe that. Kind of. But seriously, I'll believe that you dated Nick Leddy when I see that he actually knows you."

I sighed. "I guess your right. But I'm not a puck bunny, if your thinking about it." I said taking a sip of my ice tea.

She laughed. "I wasn't thinking about it till now."

"Hey! I'm not. It's not the brightest way of getting someone's attention. Unless their drunk or something."

We laughed it off as we finished our breakfast. Luckily it was almost time for day 2 of the Chicago Blackhawks Convention.

Image

The moment I was waiting for all day. After a long day at the convention, Taylor and I went back up to our hotel room.

"So Sam, what are you going to wear?" Taylor asked as we stared at my suitcase that spit out all of it's contents.

I shrugged. "No idea. You?"

"I'll show you later, but first. We need to fix you. If you want to stun this Nick person then we need you to look awesome."

"Excuse me, I look awesome everyday."

She pointed her finger at me. "Okay… then something to knock his socks off." I turned my head to her.

"Tay, all I brought was either casual stuff or athletic wear."

"Okay, we'll make it work somehow. First, ask Nick if it's causal or dressy."

I did what I was told and texted Nick. After a few seconds, I got a text back. I looked at my phone and sighed. "He said, casual."

"Good."

"And that we'll have to meet them at the corner of Michigan and 8th St. at 8."

She looked at the clock. "Good thing we didn't go to Blackhawks Idol then." I laughed and nodded.

For the next few minutes, Taylor and I went through my clothes to find something for me to wear to this date with Nick. After about five minutes we finally found something . I look at the set and smile. I walked over to hug Taylor. "Thanks." I said. "Not a problem, your my best friend."

"What about you?"

She laughed. "I already planned ahead and picked out my outfit." She said smirking. I shook my head. "I hate you sometimes." "What ever. Just get ready. We have to meet the guys soon." She left my room and I changed a few minutes after she left. I gathered my things and walked out of my room to the living room to see Taylor waiting for me.

"You look cute." I said to her.

"Thanks. All due to planning an outfit a day before." I rolled my eyes at her while she
laughed.

"We should get going. I don't want Nick to freak out." I said.

Taylor and I started walking towards Michigan and 8th St. As we got closer to the location Nick told us to me him, Taylor stuck out her arm in front of me causing me to stop.

"Yes." I slowly said.

"Is that… is that Tazer?" she said pointing her finger across from us. I followed to where her finger was leading and it lead me to see Nick standing there with ole cappy himself, Jonathan Toews. I sighed and turned to Taylor. I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Tay, promise me you won't do anything weird or embarrassing to the both of us." She
seemed stunned.

"Why are you so calm. Our captain is standing a few feet away from us with defensemen Nick Leddy."

I let go and folded my arms across my chest with a smirk on my face.

"So you believe me?"

"Yes. YES! I believe you!" she practically screamed. I looked around me making sure no one was staring. Unfortunately only Nick and Jon were staring at us. I waved at them nervously and turned back to Taylor.

"Promise?" I said.

"Promise." she said.

"Good, because here they come." I said smiling. "Hey guys." I said.

"Hey, oh Sam you should know, Tazer, Tazer this is Sam and her roommate…"

"Taylor." She and I said simultaneously.

"Hey." Jon said shaking her hand. I glanced over to see that she was about to melt. He looked at me. "You are the infamous Sam we hear in the locker room."

I looked at Nick. "Am I locker room topic now Leddy?" I said crossing my arms in front of me. He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Am I not to brag about my girlfriend?" I laughed shaking my head. Then a light bulb flashed in my head. I turned to Taylor. "Tay, this is Nick, Nick Leddy. That invisible guy I had as my boyfriend."

"Wait he's your boyfriend now?" she asked.

"We made up." I said putting an arm around Nick's waist.

"We should get going." Nick said as we walked in front both Jon and Taylor.

I looked back at them. "You guys coming or what?"

They looked at each other. "Uh, Ready?" Jon asked her. She smiled, "Yeah. Totally."

Image

We walked a few blocks to Lou Malnati's Pizzeria on State and 8th. "Your taking us to Lou Malnati's!?" I exclaimed. Nick laughed. "Hey, it's a Chicago icon. So Tazer and I were thinking, why not." Taylor and I looked at each other. "Very nice." we said together. All four of us walked into the Pizzeria. We ordered a large Cheese Deep Dish, another Chicago Icon; the deep dish pizza. "Sam, since you’re the chef in our relationship, I'd ask you to make this when we have friends over." Taylor said. I stuck my tongue out at her. "I'll try my best. I am hoping in making a new Italian restaurant." "And her cooking is bad ass. Nick you've been missing out." He put his arm around my shoulders. "Leddy here got himself a chef." Jon said nudging his side. "Sam, just don't give him so much food, we need Ledds this season." Jon said jokingly. We all laughed, Captain Serious isn't so serious after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go chapter 2. Hope you like it!

Taylor's Outfit
Sam's Outfit

Comments = Happy Me = Writing Next Chapter

- Sam