Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

03

The date with the guys went well. After the dinner date at Lou Malnati's we took a stroll in Grant Park towards Buckingham Fountain. We all walked together and basically hung out. There were a few Hawks fans that came up towards us and asked for either Jon or Nick's autograph or picture. Some of the fans were nice, they were very nice even seeing that their favorite players were out on a date or something. Although there were some fangirls that gave both Taylor and I death stares. Taylor and I felt uncomfortable. Nick walked up next to me and kissed my cheek. "Don't worry Sam. Their just jealous." After a couple hours around Grant Park, Nick and I noticed that both Taylor and Jon weren't with us at all. I thought that they just wanted us to be along, but then I remembered that Taylor was with her idol. Then I started to worry. Nick glanced over with a smile until it faded away. "Hey, what's up? You seem out of it." "I lost Taylor." I turned my head around in all directions. Nick took a hold of my shoulders. "Sam, she's fine. She's with Tazer. Tazer is responsible. I'm sure that they're somewhere around here. I'd be concerned if Tazer took her to his place." My eyes grew wide. "What!?" Nick shook me. "I'm KIDDING." I poked him in the stomach. "I hate you." He wrapped his arm around my should. "Yes, but you love me too much to hate me." I kissed his cheek. "I guess your right." He looked at his watch. "It's getting late, besides I have to wake up early to get ready for the convention." I smiled. "Your right! Mr. Young Gun!" I said poking his side. He chuckled. "You read the schedule?" I shook my head. "Oh Nick Leddy you know me so well." "Since I know you so well, will you be my girlfriend again officially?" I blushed and laughed. "Yes."

Nick and I walked down the hall of the Hilton. We passed a few doors until I stopped. "This is me." I turned to him and smiled. "Thanks for this date. It was something." Nick was about to open his mouth to say something. I took my index finger and pressed it against his lips and smiled. "But I loved every minute of it." Nick grabbed my waist and pulled me into a kiss. We were in a heated make-out session in the hallway until we heard someone clear their throats. We pulled apart to see Taylor and Jon standing there with us. "You guys having fun?" Taylor smirked. I started to blush from embarrassment. Nick scratched the back of his neck. "Uh yeah." After a moment of silence. "Well it was nice meeting you ladies." Jon said breaking the awkward tension. "Same here Jon." I said. "We'll see you around then?" Jon continued. "Sure totally." Taylor replied. I took out the room key and opened the door. We waved goodbye to the guys and walked into our room. Taylor closed the door. "Sam sit." I turned around to see her pointing to the couch. "Excuse me, I am not a dog. You can't tell me what to do." "Just sit." I did what I was told before she started a hissy fit.

"Yes." I said leaning back on the couch.

"Spill." she said standing across from me.

I smirked, "Why? You didn't believe me earlier."

She stared at me and put her hands up in defeat. "Fine I believe you now."

I shifted a little. "Okay but if I spill you spill, Mrs. Toews."

"HEY! That's only in my head." She smiled," But I hope to be one soon."

"You might want to sit. " She pulled a chair and sat across from me. I told her what happened from when she and Jon left us. With me freaking out about her not being with me but being with thee Jonathan Toews from Nick reminding me that Jon can handle all that.

"That's all you guys did?" she said.

"Not all, on the way back here we continued to talk about what we missed with each other's lives."

"Oh ma god. You're so boring." she said playfully punching me in the shoulder.

"I am not."

"Right. Besides that you guys decided to play another form of hockey. Tonsil Hockey to be exact."

"Okay, I played tonsil hockey. What about you? Your obsessed with our captain. Did you
faint?"

She gasped, "No I did not. I actually acted nothing like a crazed fan."

I leaned forward to touch her forehead, "Oh my god, are you sick? Do you have a fever?" She pulled my arm away.

"Haha very funny and no. He was actually really touched that I admired him so much, even if I don't play hockey as a sport. It's still my favorite."

"So what did you guys do?"

"Well we walked around Grant Park for a bit. Took a couple of pictures. He told me to keep
them secure. When we were on the elevator up here, he kissed my cheek." she spazzed out for a bit.

"Best date no?"

"At least we weren't shoving our tongues down each other's throat. Jesus don't you guys breathe at all?"

I blushed and got up from the couch. "Good Night Mrs. Toews." I joked walking to my room.

"Night Mrs. Leddy." I laughed and shut my door. I changed and tossed my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my laptop and opened the document containing my restaurant's menu. I stared at the screen. I sighed. No matter what I type of Italian food I type down, I end up erasing it. I'm not feeling the mood write down anything. I sighed again. This project is getting me no where. I closed down the document and shut off my laptop. I slightly jumped as someone knocked on my door. "Uh come in." I said. The door creaked open to reveal Taylor holding a box. "Hey Sam, sorry to bother you but someone left this at the door." She walked in. I moved my laptop over for Taylor to set the box on the bed. I looked at her, "Do you know who it's from." She smiled. "Why don't you open it?" she said. I looked at her confused. She slid the box towards me. I took a deep breathe before I unwrapped the box, it unveiled an women's Alternate Blackhawks Jersey. We both sat there with shock. On the back, there in front of my very own eyes was Leddy #8 on the back. It was his jersey. I held it close to me as it was now my prized possession. "What's that?" I saw a card in Taylor hand. "A note from lover boy." she said. I grabbed it from her and read it,

To my dearest Samantha,
I thought you might want one of these. I heard you really like the Alternate Jersey. Wear this tomorrow. Don't disappoint.
Xoxo


"Awwww." Taylor said obnoxiously loud. I grabbed my pillow and flung it at her. "Shut up! The neighbors can hear." I scolded. "So what? I think our little defensemen is in love with a certain chef." I rolled my eyes at her. "Get out!" "Why so defensive Sam?" I got up from the bed and shoved her out of my room. "Night!" I said shutting my door. "Whatever you say Mrs. Leddy." She yelled through the door. I laughed at her and put on my new jersey. I walked over to the mirror. It fit perfectly. I was amazed that it was the right size and everything. I took off the jersey and put it on the hanger for tomorrow's events.

Image

I woke up to my phone buzzing. God stupid alarm clock I thought. I looked at the clock at it was only 7:45 a.m. Nothing started till at least 9 and we had to get check out before 1. I rolled out of bed and made sure everything was packed that I wasn't wearing for today's events. I was too lazy to go wake up Taylor to tell her to start repacking. So I just texted her.

Sleeping Beauty. Time to pack. We need to get out of here before 1. We'll bring our stuff to the car and head to breakfast before going to the first session.

I closed my phone and yawned. I changed into my Leddy jersey, yoga pants and my black TOMS shoes. I ran around my room double checking if I had left anything that I'd regret. Nothing. I rolled my suitcase out into the living room. "Tay are you up?" I yelled throughout our suite. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." she said rolling out her suitcases. "Ready go head back living in minimum wage lifestyle?" I asked. "Hell yeah!" we laughed and headed towards my car.

I shut the trunk. "Wanna grab some breakfast?" My phone suddenly rang. It flashed a text from Nick.

Meet me at the park after the convention. You might want to change so, I'll give you time. Meet me at 6.

Love, Nick


I showed Taylor the text. "Aww." She jumped up and down like a little kid. "Why can't I have a boyfriend like that?" "If you don't continue acting like a freak, maybe Tazer will consider it." She stepped back offended. "I resent that." "Hey, now let's just get breakfast."

Image

"What's this?" I asked Taylor, who was holding a jersey shaped thing. "It's a cookie. Want one?" she said handing me one that said Leddy #8. I took the cookie from her and looked at it. "Funny." I took a bite from it. "Sam?" I looked at Taylor. She mouthed Nick's name. I quietly said oh. I turned my head around to see Nick dressed up for the convention, walking towards me. I got up from my chair and hugged him. "Hey… Where did you get the jersey?" "You mean you didn't give it to me?" He shook his head. I turned to look at Taylor with a surprised face. She mouthed 'What?'. "Well, last night Taylor came into my room with this box and inside was this jersey." "Hmm. No idea. I know it wasn't me." He leaned forward with his mouth almost touching my ear. "But either way it looks hot on you." he whispered into my ear. "If your trying to seduce me in front of all of your fans you might want to wait till later to pounce on me." I whispered. I heard his whimper. I kissed his cheek and walked back to the table Taylor and I were sitting at. "What he did say?" "He was trying to seduce me." She spit out her water that landed over the table. "Okay gross." She took a napkin and wiped up the mess. "Okay. That's it? He tried to have sex with you?" "Please, he's tried that before. It's not happening. He knows my rule and my parents rule. Nothings going to change. And no that wasn't everything. Apparently this jersey isn't from Nick." "Seriously?" I nodded. She looked over my shoulder. "Speaking of Nick, did you like traumatize him or something?" "No why?" She pointed over my shoulder. "He's just standing there." I took a peek at him and grabbed my phone. I texted Nick:

Hey Hotshot, stop standing there. People are starting to starting to stare. <3

I put away my phone and turn over to see Nick look at his phone. Nick stood there at his phone and looked at me. I saw his cheeks turn red. I giggled and turned back around. "See problem solved." "Dude you have to tell me everything that happened with you guys. Like seriously, this is just too freaking adorable." I turned back around and Nick was walking away with his security team, at least I think that's what they are. "That's another day." I said continuing to eat my Leddy cookie.

"Um excuse me, miss?" I turned around to see a girl not much older than me with bleach blonde hair, an overdose of makeup of her face and skin tight Blackhawks gear.

"Yes, do I know you?"

"No, but I have a question."

"Okay go for it."

"What that Nick Leddy I just saw you talking to?"

"Yes…"

"Are you two like a couple?"

"Uh… no we're just really close friends. I went to high school with him."

I saw her face light up when I gave her my answer.

"Oh okay, that's cool. Bye" she walked away.

"Bye?"

"What was that about?" Taylor asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea."

"She looked like a totally puckbunny." Taylor commented.

I took out my phone again and decided to text to Nick about this whole situation.

Nick, can we talk about something when we meet. Something weird just happened and I need your word on it. :) I'll see you later. <3 Sam

I put my phone aside. I just hope that not everyday will be like what just happened. I didn't want to run into any crazed fangirls that are obsessed with him or any puckbunnies telling me that I'm wrong for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my favorite chapter so far. But it's something. Hope you like it!

Comments = Happy Me = Writing Next Chapter

- Sam