Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

06

I sat at the edge bed clutching onto Nick's old Eden Prairie Jersey, that I wore back in Minnesota on game days.

"Mom have you seen Nick's jersey?" I called out searching my room practically tossing everything around. I heard my mother's footsteps stop at my door. "Sweetie, it's downstairs remember. Now fix your room and head downstairs for breakfast." I sighed of relief and fixed up my room. Once everything was back into it's natural state, I ran down the stairs to see what was for breakfast. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw my father put a plate of eggs on the bar stand. I noticed another body sitting on one of the bar stools, Nick. "Samantha. Glad to see your awake. The jersey is over in the laundry room." my dad said. Nick snickered a little bit as he took a sip of his orange juice. I rolled my eyes at him and walked to the laundry room. I saw the jersey hanging and grabbed it and stuffed it in my purse. I walked back into the kitchen and took the seat next to Nick. He and my dad were in this deep conversation about the upcoming hockey season at EPHS. Tonight was the season opener at home. I grabbed a plate from the side and slid some eggs and toast onto my plate.

"Good morning beautiful." Nick said leaning over to kiss my cheek. "Morning. Why do you insist on eating breakfast here rather than your own home?" I asked biting into my toast. "Because I'm your ride every morning and both of our parents don't mind. Right Mr. A?" I looked at my dad. "Right you are Nick. Honestly Sam, it isn't a problem." "Okay fine you both win.", pointing my fork at the two then digging into my eggs. Nick looked at the time on his watch. "Looks like we'd have to get going or we'll be last for homeroom." Nick hopped off the bar stool as I did the same taking my last bite of the toast. Nick grabbed his bag and mine as well as I finished my breakfast. "Will we see you at the game tonight Mr. A?" Nick asked handing my bag over. "Since we moved here, we wouldn't miss it for the world." I walked over to kiss my dad on the cheek. "Have a good day you too. Sam, finish your homework!" I waved away walking out the door with Nick. We piled into his Ford car. I looked down in my seat and started to laugh. "What?" Nick asked turning on the engine. I shook my head. "Nothing. I just love the conversations I'm going to end up having when I come home later." "No worries, you'll be fine. I hope your ready for the prep rally for the game tonight." We took off for school.

Nick parked the car in the school parking lot. We were greeted by a few of Nick's teammates and their girlfriends. I opened my door and hugged some of the other girls. It was junior year and I finally felt like Eden Prairie was home for me. Sure it took 3 years but it was fine. "Sam, why aren't you wearing Nick's jersey?" Carli asked. I put my hand in my purse to grab the jersey. "Carli, you know me. I don't put it on until I get to school grounds. Now hold my bag." I handed her my bag and slipped on the jersey. Nick cam over and grabbed my waist. "Now don't you look sexy?" I scoffed. "You only say that every time you see me in a jersey that's yours." He kissed me. We were in a heated make-out session until the girls giggled all around as well as the guys giving us catcalls. The bell rang. I pulled away, "Okay, hotshot. Your going to make us late to homeroom." I yanked at his arm and walked towards the school doors.


I sighed and continued to gather my thoughts. There was a knock on the door. "Sam, you in here?" I heard Taylor open my door. I continued to look out the window. "Sam, what's up? You didn't answer my texts or my calls." she walked closer and sat down next to me. "Tay, I did something wrong." Tears started rolling down my face. "What happened? Your eyes are all puffy and red." I explained to her what happened to me. She looked at me with shocked expression. "That-that son of a bitch. That's like so rude. Sam we have to call the police. Let alone call Nick." I took a tissue from the tissue box on my night stand and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Don't call the police. Something could go wrong and I'll end up getting the end of it." "What about Nick?" "I'll tell him. Soon. Just not now."

Taylor

A couple nights later, I came home from work. Sam usually gets home before me since her classes are in the morning and work in the afternoon. I set my things down on the kitchen island. Sam was still crying. I felt so bad for her. I don't know anyone who would do such a thing. I'd come to realize that Mr. Chef Hottie was a total jerk. I sat down in the living area and flipped on the TV. I'm Sam's best friend and I didn't know how to help her out.

My phone started to ring Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake. I laughed knowing that it was Jon who was calling.

"Yellow?"

Hey, it's Jon.

"Yes, I'm aware of that." He chuckled through the phone.

How's everything?

What Sam doesn't know is that I told Jon and asked for advice. He was stunned at the fact that a teacher would do that do a student. But it was the 21st century. Anything could happen.

"She's still crying. I think he made her do something today."

Has she told Nick yet.

I sighed. "No. I'm trying to get her to do it. But she's all like 'I'll tell him later.' I seriously want to call the cops right now. It's scaring me how sad she is thanks to her teacher."

If it weren't off season, I bet we could get some of the guys up and beat his ass. The stereotypical hockey player.

I laughed. I heard the door close along with footsteps. "Thanks for you concern. We'll keep that in mind."

You're part of the family now. Don't worry.

"Thanks." I looked up, "Uh Jon, I gotta go." I ended the call with Jon. "Hey Sam, how are you feeling?" She sat down next to me. I pulled her into a side hug. "I'm fine. I think I might tell Nick now. He's been calling and I haven't been answering, so I think he might be worried a little bit." She wiped away some tears from her eyes. I nodded, "You go do that. You don't want him to spaz out in Minnesota." She smiled. "Thanks, Tay." "Hey that's what friends are for. You should go tell Nick now." She got up from the couch. "I'll go do that!" "Yeah, you should", I said pushing her out of the living room.

Sam

Taylor had suggested I tell Nick what happened. I plopped on my bed and opened up Nick's number.

Nick, Please get on Skype. I really need to talk to you.

Within a couple seconds Nick replied back.

Sam, what's wrong? :(

I sighed and responded.

Please just get on Skype. I can't do it over the phone, so at least somewhat face to face is better.

I walked over to my laptop and turned on Skype. I hoped that my eyes weren't as puffy as they were before. My laptop dinged that Nick was online. Before I was able to panic Nick asked to request a chat. I took a deep breath and moved my curser to accept. Suddenly I saw Nick's innocent face come appear on my screen.

Sam, what's wrong?

I shut my eyes. I couldn't speak.

"Nick, I have something to tell you." I started to choke up. "I-I-I don't know what to tell you."

Sam, you can tell me everything. I'm here for you no matter what.

Tears are started forming in my eyes once again.

"Nick, m-m-my teacher i-i-is us-usi-using me."

His face came up in shock.

W-w-what?

I explained to him everything. "There's no other way I can get him to stop. If I do, that can ruin my reputation as a chef. Nick, I don't know what to do."

How long as this been happening?

He scratched the back of his neck. "Only two days. Give me the heart as I panicked the two other days."

He laughed.

You always panic. Everything is going to be fine. I wish I could kick his ass for you. But I'm still in Minny. If you want I could stop by a few weeks earlier than I'm suppose to. It could give my parents more time to see Chicago a little bit.

"Nick you don't have to."

Of course you don't want me to. But I want to. That's what boyfriends do. They always want to make sure their girls are always happy and smiling.

I smiled a bit.

Oh look. There it is. He said pointing at me to the screen.

I always had the feeling that Nick would be the one for me. Not only as a boyfriend but my best friend and supporter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's late. School is a drag.
Anyway I kinda adore this chapter. <3

For any Jonathan/Taylor fans here's a spin off of their relationship written by my friend. She said I could post it here. Shape of My Heart

Comments = Happy Me = Writing Next Chapter

-Sam