Status: Starting Slow

As Long As You Love Me

08

I walked out of the campus building after a heated session with Chef Linguini, he seriously had the nerve to feel me up. Tears started pouring out of my eyes, but I had to think about Nick in order to keep myself calm. Now that he's here, he is my rock and my strength. I looked around to see Nick's car. I looked at my phone getting startled by a car honk. I see that it's Nick. I smile walking towards the car.

"Hey, how was class?" Nick asked as I closed the car door.

"Fine." He took a hold of my hand. I looked up at him.

"Sam, I know you too well to know that your not fine. I know this Linguini guy is still messing with you."

I stared at him with guilt. He knows me.

"Nick, I just don't know what to do. It's. It's complicated."

"I just don't want you to get hurt even more."

I smiled. "Nick, I'm starving let's go. Where are we meeting your parents?"

He laughed. "Here hold on." He drove off.

We pulled up to a Sushi restaurant just a few blocks away from school. "Sushi!" I yelled in his ear. He turned off the engine and rubbed his ear. "Jesus." I turned to him and gave him the puppy dog pout. "I'm sorry." I blinked a few times looking at him innocently. He smiled. "Come on." "Yes! I win!" I said opening the car door and walking out towards Nick. He wrapped his hand around my waist and kissed my cheek. "You’re a dork." I smiled turning my head. "Your dork, Nick Leddy. Only yours." He laughed.

We walked into the Sushi restaurant and met up with Nick's parents. His mom, Melissa was surprised to see me.

"Samantha darling , Nick sure wasn't lying that you were in Chicago still." she got up from her seat to hug me. I hugged her right back. "Yes. I actually just got back from studying aboard in Italy for a year. Just like a few weeks ago. I didn't realize Nick was part of the Hawks until the convention." We all sat down at our table. "That's because she practically fell of the face of the planet." Nick commented. I looked at him. "He's kidding. I lost my phone and had to get a new one." "And you some how managed to find each other in Chicago." Ben, Nick's dad added. "I guess we did." Nick said smiling as he wrapped his arm over my shoulder.

Image

"Lunch was wonderful and I'm so glad you and Nick found each other again." Melissa said.

"Well hopefully he'll be sticking around more often." I joked.

"It was so good to see you again Sam." Ben said. I hugged them both.

"Yes, it was. It's been a while. Was it the day I left the last day I saw you guys?"

"I think it was." Nick's mom said. We laughed. Nick's mom always liked me from the start. She thought that I was the one for Nick after dating a year.

I was at the Leddy's household for Dinner. It was our monthly dinner with either parents. Nick came up to me at school today that day to tell me that his parents said it was fine if I stayed over while my parents were out of town. Nick smirked saying that their guest room was still being redesigned so I'd stay in his room. Then he opted to tell me where the spare key was since the hockey team had an away game and for the first time I opted not to tag along with them. The bell rang and school was over. Nick kissed me good bye as I kissed him good luck.

When I got to Nick's house I saw that his mom was home. I opened the door and was greeted by her.

"Hello Sam. Nick said you were coming by instead of going to the game with the team."

"Hi Mrs. Leddy, yeah. I just didn't feel like going. Most of the other girls weren't going so I didn't want to be left alone."

"Oh Sam. Please call me Melissa. Mrs. Leddy isn't necessary."

"Oh okay." I said putting my things down on the couch.

"Sam, can I talk to you about something?"

I gulped and walked towards her in the kitchen sitting on one of the stools. "Sure. Is anything wrong?"

"Nothings wrong sweetie. I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad Nick has you in his life. He's always focused on hockey and both Ben and I want him to at least distract him once in a while about it. We are glad you make him happy."

"Aw thank you. That's very kind of you."

"Your welcome. And don't tell Nick I told you this but, my husband and I both think that you might actually be the one for Nick. We've never seen him this happy with a girl before and
like I said we're glad it's you."

"I'm flattered Melissa. I really am."

"Not to worry Sam, you almost like a daughter to me. Hopefully you will soon be." she smiled. I smiled back.

"I should really start my homework." I said getting off the stool.

"I'll call you when Nick is back from his game." I laughed "Okay." I grabbed my stuff and headed to Nick's room.

A few hours later I was sitting at Nick's desk with my laptop writing my essay for French class. As I finished my essay, I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes. "Qui est là?" {Who's there?} There was a snicker coming from behind. "Nick. Seriously." He let go and I slightly turned in the chair to face him. He leaned down to kiss my cheek and plopped on his bed. "So how was the game?" I returned my direction to my laptop. I heard him get off his bed and take off his shirt. "Fine. We won 5-3." "Congrats." I said not taking my eyes off of the laptop. He wrapped his arms around me from behind, resting his head on my left shoulder.

"Whatcha up to?" His arms still wrapped around my chest.

"Working on my French essay."

"That's what I thought when I couldn't understand it."

"Nick, your in the same class as me you're suppose to have this done by next week." "But you promised you'd help me." He nibbled my ear a bit. "Nick, stop it tickles." I tried to move but it didn't work. I saved my work and closed my laptop. I got up and Nick gently pushed me onto his bed. "Nick. What are you doing?" He kissed my neck. "Nick stop. Your parents are downstairs." I lightly pushed him off and sat up.

"Nick, she's right." We turned our heads to the doorway to see his dad leaning on the doorframe. My cheeks started turning red. "Uh I Mr. Leddy." I said with a mini wave. "Hello Sam. And please call me Ben." I nodded. "Uh dad. What's up?" "Your mother wanted me to grab you two for dinner but I see I'm interrupting something." "Uh no you weren't. I'll just head downstairs." I said getting up from the bed. "Nick, don't worry. I won't tell you mother." I heard his dad say.


I opened the door to my condo and I let Nick and myself in. "Taylor!?" I looked around and turned to Nick. "I guess she isn't home." "Or she could be at Tazer's house." I stopped in my track and Nick bumped into me.

"What?" I turned to face him.

"What is wrong with that sentence Nick?"

"She could be at Tazer's house? What's wrong with it?"

"Have you no met Taylor? She's crazy when it comes to Tazer!"

"Sam, she could be alright."

"Well you haven't seen the mini shrine to him in her room." I said putting my hands on my hips.

He stepped back disturbed. "I don't think I wanted to know that."

"Exactly!" He pulled me to the couch. "Don't worry about her. I hope she'll be fine and I bet Tazer will handle it. I heard he really likes her."

"Aww that's so sweet." I said sitting down next to him.

"He's going through what I did back at Eden Prairie."

Nick's P.O.V.

I walked into Eden Prairie for the fourth week of school. I was on my way to homeroom when I accidentally bumped shoulders with a girl causing her to fall on the floor. "Oh geez. I'm sorry." I said to her. I extended my hand to help her up. She reached out as I helped her.

"Thanks. I'm a klutz anyway. I should have been looking where I'm walking."

"Seems like your new."

"Yea. I'm looking for my homeroom 38c."

"That's my homeroom too. Here follow me."

She followed me towards homeroom.

"I'm Nick. By the way. Nick Leddy."

"Samantha. Samantha Anderson"

"Where are you from? I know your definitely not from here."

She nodded. "I'm actually just moved here recently."

We walked into homeroom just as the bell rung. I sighed of relief that I did not get another detention again for being late. "Ah Mr. Leddy, I see you have found our new student. Thank you so much for finding her. I was wondering when you would show up." the teacher said. "Not a problem Ms. Jacobson." I took my seat next to Brian. "Dude she's hot," he said nudging me. "Where'd you find her?" "I accidentally bumped into her." He high-fived me. "Ms. Anderson why don't you introduce yourself to our homeroom." Ms. Jacobson, the homeroom teacher said. I felt bad for her. Ms. Jacobson made all of us do that on the first day of school. She stood in front of her desk and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Samantha Anderson and I'm from Chicago, IL."

"So you’re a Hawks fan aren't you?" Brian shouted out. I turned to look at him. "Dude!"

"Yes but my dad is originally from here and grew up a Wild fan and opted out for making me one as well." she commented. All of us made fun of Brian. "You just got poned." I said. "Shut up." he said back.

"Very well," Ms. Jacobson said turning to her. "Here's your schedule and your locker number. You can take a seat next to Mr. Leddy, by the looks of it you've already met." She grabbed her things and took the seat next to me. I turned to her. "Sorry about these bozos." I said referring to Brian. "It's fine. I grew up with hockey heads." She said smiling towards me. I chuckled. "What's your first class?" She showed me her schedule. "All honors. Damn." I said. She turned her head towards me. "What's that suppose to mean?" She asked. "That means you'll be seeing a lot of me. You have all of my classes." I flashed the famous Leddy smile. "Great. At least I know someone." I chuckled again. "Hey at least there's another girl that knows her hockey around here." She smiled. I introduced her to Carli a fellow classmate who knew her hockey as well. Carli is also my cousin.

The bell suddenly rang. "Would you like me to escort you to your next class?" I said getting up. "I'd like that." "I'll meet you outside." "Okay." she said walking away with Carli.

"Dude are you okay?" Brian asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Looks like you have a little crush on the new girl." I looked at him.

"Pssh. No."

He nudged me some more. "Yes, you do dude."

"Whatever. Let's go we'll be late to class."

Image

"Ask her out! You lost the bet. " Brian said to me in the locker room after a big win. "Technically I never agreed to the bet." I said taking off my helmet. "Well we won. She's in a good mood. Just do it already. Your not asking her to be your girlfriend just yet, just a few dates to see how it goes." He was right. We just beat our biggest rivals and she should be ecstatic. "Fine I'll do it. I'll text Carli to have her meet me outside the locker room." "Doesn't she already do that?" I looked at him. "Your right. I better hurry. I hope she's still there." He laughed at me.

About 20 minutes later, I was dressed to go home. I grabbed my things and walked out. I saw Sam, looking beautiful as ever, leaning against the wall, taking to Carli. "Oh hey Nick." She said making eye contact with me. "Hey, you girls ready to go?" "Actually cuz, I'm heading out with some of the girls. Sorry." Carli said waving away. And then there were two… I looked back at Sam, "So post-game dessert?" I asked. She smiled. "Of course." We walked towards my car. I popped the trunk and put my things in the back. I walked quickly towards the passenger door and opened it for her. She laughed, "Thanks." "Your welcome." I quickly walked over to my side of the car and turned on the engine to let the car warm up a bit. "You played great today Nick." she said rubbing her hands together. "Heh thanks. I'm happy that we won." She turned to me. "You guys deserve it." I smiled. She was definitely a keeper. Sam adjusted herself to sit forward again. It was now or never. "Sam, can I ask you a question?" She turned back to face me again. "Yeah, shoot." She adjusted the beret on her head. "I-I was wondering if y-you wanted to g-go out on a d-date with m-me?" I felt stupid saying it like that. She smiled and giggled a bit. "Does this count? I didn't even have to answer yes." I smiled, she was definitely someone to keep around. "Yes." I paused for a bit. "How about that post-game desert for our first date?" "Yes, please, I'm hungry." I laughed driving the car out of the parking lot.


Sam's P.O.V.

"I think it's cute. Back then you were just a high school boy. But Jon acting like this for Taylor as a grown man is just adorable. It show's that Tazer isn't always serious." I said. "Well, I'm glad you find my lack of adorableness cute." I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Nick Leddy. I love you."

I said intertwining out fingers together.

"Samantha Anderson. I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Date

I think this is like one of my favorite chapter. Ironically the 8th chapter. In honor of Leddy's 1st goal of the season yesterday. I give you the next chapter. XP

Any Jonathan/Taylor fans here's a spin off of their relationship written by my friend. She said I could post it on Mibba for her. Shape of My Heart

Comments = Happy Me = Writing Next Chapter

-Sam