Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

What Do They Put In the Water?

When you’re young you believe that a prince will come and sweep you off your feet, you also believe that’s what happened with your parents. Well then you hit a certain age where reality sets in. The real world start crashing down and fights begin, well that was the case in my family. For the first couple of years it was my parents, brother and I. When I was about 7 my brother died suddenly. It tore our family apart basically. My mom lost everything, that sparkle in her eyes and that glow she had. She started to completely ignore my dad and I, then came her husband Jack and her son Daniel. My dad got fed up with her behaviour and filed for divorce and full custody of me a year later. We moved down to Sandpoint, Idaho so we were close with my grandparents. They decided to move about two years after we got there. This pretty much brings us to present day to my love hating self.
“Sweetheart I swear you will love Forks. It’s small, not too much goes on, it’s very green. It rains a lot and I know you love the smell of rain. Plus there is a beach by your grandparents place.” My dad was trying so hard. We were relocating to Forks, Washington because it was easier than him to fly to work all the time. I smiled, I did love the forest and the smell of rain plus my grandparents were awesome.
“Dad it’s fine really, if it means you’ll be home more than I’m okay with it. We could probably leave tomorrow I mean we don’t exactly have much to pack anyways. It was true. The kitchen was small, we only had 6 plates, 4 bowls and more than enough utensils, they all easily fit into one box. My room was easy to pack with the exception of all the pictures on my walls. I had a little space of pictures left to pack after I emptied my closet. I pulled a picture that stood out to me. It was my cousin Dan and I. We were standing in shorts and matching shirts smiling.
“Hey Dad! Does Uncle Zachary and Aunt Lily live by Grandma?” I heard him mumbled a ‘yeah’. I smiled taping my final box up. At least I’ll get to spend time with my best friend, well he was like my only friend. When it comes to people I feel uncomfortable around I am very shy so I don’t have many friends. I carried the box downstairs and placed it in our U-Haul trailer.
“Well say goodbye.”My dad wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
“Goodbye? More like good riddance.” He chuckled and we started our journey to Forks. I slept most of the way, even when I was awake I didn’t talk. I say along, horribly, to the mp3 CD of my dad’s. After many rest stops, and fast food we arrived out our new house, which was actually away from Forks. We walked in, the house definitely need some elbow grease. A fresh coat of paint in all the rooms, rugs taken out, and windows need to be fixed.
“Grandma washed the walls already, well she had her friend Emily help. Some of the neighbourhood boys are going to help me fix the outside.” Neighbourhood? Everything is so spread apart. I nodded along.
“Do they have internet?” My dad chuckled.
“Yes, we still have WiFi sweetheart.” I let a breath out, I would go crazy not being able to get my music from Itunes. Our beds were already here, as we moved boxes into the rooms the house actually started to come together. We left everything in their boxes and went out to the local dinner to meet my grandparents, Aunt, Uncle and cousins.
“Look at you!” I gawked at my cousin Dan. He had to be taller than 6’ and he was buff.
“I thought you were joking when you said you got taller.” I mumbled angry that he still towered over my 5’5 frame. He pulled me into a tight hug. I felt him stiffen.
“Oh yeah, ah mom I’m gonna get going to Sam’s okay?” My Aunt nodded. We sat down and the conversation flowed. I was left sitting there staring at the window, so much for catching up.
It was late in the night, I am never one for sleeping when my room is messy. I decided to get started on taping my walls for when I paint. The walls are going to be a dark forest green with the exception of the wall where my window is. The window wall along with the trimming will be a bright lime green.
“Honey wake up, come have some breakfast.” I rolled right off my bed, I knew I could smell bacon.
“Now don’t be alarmed if you see strange boys, they are helping with the house. They’re Dan’s friends, I trust his judgement.” I laughed with my mouth full.
“You won’t get a boyfriend like that.” Dan was leaning against the doorway.
“Funny, I was just showing Dad how you won’t get a girlfriend.” He mumbled under his breath while I smiled triumphantly. My dad and Dan started talking so I washed my plate off and went to take a quick shower. Hoping to finish before the guys got there was not what my mind had planned after all, I got distracted pretending to be a water bender and too top it off I forgot to get clothes. I slipped my gross PJ’s back on and ran to my room. I threw my clothes a muck searching for my green shorts and white green lantern shirt, can you see the pattern?
“Oh, shit. I am so sorry.” Which ever guy that saw my bare back didn’t sound sorry at all. I turned around and saw a guy with black hair, like Dan, and was probably a few inches taller than Dan. I sighed not exactly knowing what to do, I’ve never really been in a relationship. Let’s just say I’m awkward around certain guys.
“Hi, I’m Paul. Your dad told me to come get you, I really shouldn’t have stopped to look downstairs.” What a cocky motherfucker this guy was. I raised my brow at him, then blushed slightly because if he didn’t stop downstairs he would have seen me in a towel. I just nodded and squeezed passed him, his body was hot. Hot temperature wise, not that he wasn’t good looking or anything.
“Paul said you wanted me?” I heard a crash but my dad and I ignored it.
“Can you make sure the boys don’t fool around too much? They called me in for work, there is hot dogs and marsh mellows after.” I nodded, I walked to the back where a bunch of guys were fixing, or trying to fix the deck. They were arguing more than working. They all stopped and stared at me, I felt the heat rush to my cheek. I didn’t like being stared at. They were all tall, tan and buff. It made me wonder what they put in the water here and when can I start drinking it. I chuckled at myself. They had curious looks on their faces, it made me feel kind of comfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm just trying this out, the idea popped into my head and it took off.
Comment& Rate :)

--Em