Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Twenty-Nine.

May 15, 2005.

I was shocked to say the least that me and my father had come to an agreement on my relationship with Randy. He agreed not to try hurting him at any given moment and to butt out. I agreed to only see Randy on weekends, I leave Friday after school and come home Sunday night; I know it's not much but I guess it's worth it if my dad and I won't be fighting anymore, and we haven't been. It's been a month and no fights.

Of course when Randy gets back to work at Raw, I'll be able to see him more just like I was before. I must say though, my dads new found...tolerance for my relationship is a bit odd. Before he was so against it and now he...doesn't even care. But he's made it clear that he does not accept it.

It was Sunday, so that meant I was at Randy's house. It was supposed to be a shitty day so we got lunch earlier then went to play laser tag for the whole afternoon with four of his friends and two of their girlfriends. Around 4:30PM, we all decided to head home.

"Damn man. Can't you be injured more often?" One of Randy's friends asked as we all walked through the parking lot

Randy wrapped his arm around me as he gave him the WTF face. "Absolutely not!"

We all said our goodbye and went our separate ways. "It didn't even rain today." I took notice as we got inside the car

What's that saying? Oh yeah. Spoke too soon. As soon as Randy pulled into the driveway, the downpour started. We both just looked at each other.

"You get out first" He told me

"No, you get out first!" I said back.

"Fine fine." Randy said, turning the car off. "We both get out. Ready? 1-2-3-Go."

I did as told, getting out of the car, the rain hit me and I instantly started getting soaked. Only problem is, he tricked me! I ran over to Randy's side and opened the door before he could lock it.

"You jerk!" I yelled as I pulled him out into the rain with me, Getting him soaked also. He tried running to the front door but I managed to hold him just a little longer. "Remind me never to trust you."

Randy laughed as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in as close as possible. "Under any circumstances, never, ever, ever trust me." He said before leaning in to kiss me.

I stayed the night on Sunday, which was unusual. He was making an appearance on raw and I was going with him. I had to go home with dad because I have school but at least I got another day with him.

We walked through the arena, Randy's arm was wrapped around me and I was snuggled into him. We arrived at 8, an hour till showtime.

"Vince said he wanted to talk to me before the show so I should go do that." Randy said

"Okay, and I'll go tell my dad I'm here."

Randy gave me a kiss and let go of me before letting me go and we went our separate ways. I walked into my dads dressing room, he wasn't making an appearance tonight but he's always here.

"I'm here dad. No match tonight?" I ask

"Haven't you been watching raw?"

"No. I find it boring now that Batista's champ, he irks me."

"Good to hear." He laughed, "Bailey's around here somewhere."

"She is?" I perked up, I haven't seen her since wrestlemania weekend, that was over a month ago! "Gonna go find her, bye!"

The first place I went was Uncle Shawn's dressing room, he wasn't working tonight but he was here also. As soon as he opened the door, Cameron ran into me, "Joanna!!!"

"Hey Cam!" I yelled as I picked him up, this kid is getting heavy. "What's good buddy?"

"Yesterday, mommy let me feed my sister!"

Uncle Shawn and Aunt Becky had another baby last summer, a girl named Cheyenne. She's just the sweetest. I don't see Aunt Becky here so she must be home with the baby. I grabbed Bailey and we left to walk around.

"Hey stranger!" She says

"I know, I'm sorry. We need to hang out more." I told her, "What's new in life?"

"New boyfriend."

"Oh! Details and picture!"

"Hehe. He's a freshmen in college. Quarterback, hot." She said as she took her phone out, showing me a picture of the two of them. "His name is Justin."

"Very cute."

"Okay, you next. What's new?"

"Ya know, trying to graduate this year. My dad is.. tolerant of me and Randy. and uhh..don't tell anybody." I said as I lifted up my shirt a little in the back, revealing my tattoo.

I heard Bailey let out a gasp and I put my shirt down. "HE BRANDED YOU!"

"Not so loud!" I covered her mouth.

"You're forever branded with his initials. You have a tramp stamp of the man's initials!"

I started to laugh a little, Bailey's reactions were always the best. "It's hardly a tramp stamp. It's so small."

"Bullshit, I don't care how small it is. You're dads gonna freak."

"Which is why I'm not telling him"

"I guess you're not going swimming this summer either."

I never exactly thought about that, I'll figure it out when the time comes. "Anyway, don't you like it."

"Uh, no? Tattoos are forever. Plus, you know I can't stand your boyfriend"

"He isn't too found of you either, Bailey" I laugh

"At least the feeling is mutual." I laughed at her once more before reaching in my pocket for my phone..I had a new text.

"I NEED TO TALK TO U NOW." it was Randy, all in capital letters. This had to be bad. I told Bailey I'd catch up with her later and I went to Randy's dressing room where he was sitting on the couch, he didn't look happy.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat next to him

"You're not gonna like this." Randy said then he turned to me. "When I come back, I'm getting traded to smackdown."

"WHAT?! Why?"

"Cause the boss said so."

"Well couldn't you of-"

"No, I couldn't of said anything. He's my boss, Jo. I'm being traded to smackdown for John Cena. Said he wanted to try us both out on different shows."

Then it hit me. This was why dad didn't care about us dating. This was his idea. If Randy was on smackdown, dad knew I'd never see him. They had a whole different travel schedule, it was impossible. He would never allow me to go on the road with him. This was his plan all along.

"My dad did this." I finally said after processing everything

"Hunter did this?"

"This is why he was so tolerant of me being with you. He knew if he couldn't get you fired, he'd do the next best thing to guarantee we wouldn't be together." I frowned. "I can guarantee he's the one who told grandpa to do the trade. All he had to do was convince him it was a good business decision."

"Well, he's not getting what he wants. We're gonna be together no matter what."

I avoided my dad the whole night until I had to go home. I stayed silent the whole car ride to the airport. We were using the company plane to go home, grandpa was also with us. I sat as far away as possible and plugged my ears with my iPod. When I noticed mom trying to talk to me, I hit the pause button.

"What?" I asked, obviously annoyed.

"Whats wrong, Joanna?"

"Ask your husband." I said, sending a glare his way

"Hunter, what is she talking about?" Mom asked, turning her attention to him

"I don't know. Whats wrong, Joanna?" Dad now asked me, making me madder.

I snatched my earphones out of my ears and stood up quickly. "Whats wrong? You mean other than the fact that you got Randy traded to Smackdown just so we couldn't be together?"

"Oh Paul, you didn't!" Mom said, obviously she had no idea.

"Joanna, listen-"

"No! I will not listen! How could you tell me you're okay with things just to go behind my back and do something so completely fucked up?! I'd probably have a little respect for you right now if you wouldn't of lied to me!"

"Joanna--you weren't listening to me. What else did you expect me to do? I WASN'T GIVING UP THAT EASILY!"

"DO NOT SAY ANOTHER WORD TO ME." I screamed. "And for the record, you're gonna have to try harder than that."