Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Twenty-Eight.

Friday was here already, I had to be home on Sunday. That wasn't what me and dad agreed on exactly, but I already missed an extra week of school and needed to get back. I took care of Randy basically all week, he hasn't been in much pain due to the percocet he's been taking.

Becky and Randy's mom, Elaine have been over at some point everyday of the week. It's been awkward because I'm sure his mom doesn't like me but I've tried my hardest to be nice.

"He's asleep right now. You can wait for him to wake up...or.." I suggest to his mother who had stopped by yesterday

"No sweetie, that's alright. Just tell him I stopped by when he wakes up." She smiled politely, "And give him this."

She handed me a container, which probably contained something she baked for him. She scanned the house before leaving and looked surprised. Surprised it was clean and not a mess, meaning she wasn't needed while I was here. Not to worry, Randy will definitely need his mom when I go home.

I got out of bed Friday morning and Randy was still asleep, I was careful not to wake him. I gave Kayla a call before school started.

"Hey! I miss you! When are you coming home?" Kayla said, happily on the other line

"I'll be home Sunday. Big favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Be a sweetheart and get me all the homework I missed this week"

"Sure thing. So I take it that injury on Raw was real?" Kayla and her family are avid wrestling fans, never missing a show.

"Sure was."

"That sucks. Hope he gets better soon. I gotta go though, the bells about to ring. See ya Sunday"

"Okay. Thanks again."

I hung up the phone and returned to bed. Randy was now awake. He wrapped an arm around me as I laid next to him. "Good morning."

"Good morning" I smiled then placed a kiss on his lips. "How do you feel?"

"No pain yet." He smiled, "Think it's gonna be a good day."

"Me too. We should get you out of the house."

"I agree"

"I'll drive" I smiled wide. Randy made a face and not a good one either.

"Lord help me."

"Hey!" I yelled giving him a little hit. Randy just pulled me in closer and planted a kiss on my forehead

"I don't want you to go home" He mumbled against my head. That made two of us. I'd much rather stay here

"I'd rather stay here with you." I smiled. "But I kind of need to pass this year so I can be done with high school forever."

"And your dad will eventually come looking for you...with a sledgehammer"

"Most likely." I laughed. "But after this weeks over, I have spring break! Two weeks long."

"You'd rather come here for two weeks than spend it with your friends?" Randy asked as he crawled between my legs, gently hovering over me

"Why wouldn't I wanna? I'd rather be with you than with anybody else" I said as my fingers ran through his hair, gently gripping it.

I felt Randy smile against my neck. "I don't blame you." He said before kissing my neck, "I'm amazing."

I laughed on the inside but rolled my eyes, "You would say that. Hey where did you get your tattoos done?"

"Why do you ask?" he raised an eyebrow

I smiled as I continued to play with his hair. "Well I wanna get a tattoo."

"Really? Of what?"

"Just a few letters. K-O-R, not exactly in that order"

A huge grin came across Randy's face. "You sure about that?"

"Positive. Let's go!"

"Your father is going to murder me"

We spent the day in St. Louis together. I drove around of course and made Randy's nerves a wreck. So scared I was gonna crash his car. I got my tattoo, on my lower back. It isn't huge, it's pretty small and it just says 'RKO' with a pink heart underneath it. Randy also surprised me and got a matching one. 'JCL' on the side of his wrist, near his forearm tattoo.

When I got home on Sunday afternoon, I collapsed on my bed. I was tired from the flight and all I wanted to do was sleep. Too bad I told my parents I'd go out to dinner with them. I was just starting to doze off when mom called me downstairs, informing me Kayla was here.

"I love you more than oxygen! Thanks a a lot!" I told her as she gave me all the work I missed

"No problem, babe. See ya tomorrow right?"

"Of course"

After Kayla left, I went upstairs. Figured I should get ready for dinner. After my shower, I found myself wrapped in my towel looking for something to wear. I swear my closet is getting emptier and emptier, mostly because when I go to Randy's I never bring any of my clothes back. I found a pair of skinny jeans and paired it with a simple white tee, a pair of chestnut Ugg's. I put moose in my hair and left it curly, I skipped the makeup.

"Where do you wanna eat?" Dad asked from the drivers seat as he looked at me through the rear view mirror. "You pick?"

"What are you planning? My death?"

"What?" He laughed

"You're mad at me."

"Just pick."

"Fine." I gave up. "Fridays, I guess."

The ride was pretty much silent, aside from my parents talking and the constant clicking of the keys on my cell phone. We arrive at Friday's and ordered drinks, I knew what I wanted but kept my face buried in the menu, trying to avoid conversation. I knew he wanted to talk about my relationship.

"Joanna. We need to talk." Dad said, grabbing my attention

"About?" I looked up and smiled

"You know exactly what about."

I let out a sigh. And here it goes. "Dad, he's my boyfriend. What do you honestly expect me to do?"

"Why him, Jo? What do you honestly see in him?"

"Dad. Everything." I wasn't comfortable explaining all this to him. "You don't understand."

"Why him? He's a bastard. He has no respect for anybody. He's rude and cocky, he thinks he's better than everyone else. Did I mention he has an anger management problem?"

"Daddy, I've been with Randy for 13 months. If he was as horrible as you say then we wouldn't be together right now."

We stopped conversation because the waitress came over to take our order, I was relieved. My dad can be intimidating at times. When she left, we continued our conversation.

"Steph tried to get me to see things your way but I just can't. I can't and I won't." Dad said, shaking his head. "No way in hell."

"Well, we're not breaking up. No way in hell." I challenged him.

"He's 25 fucking years old! You're 17! Can't you see this is why its pissing me off? Among other things of course."

A grin came across my face. "You're 36. Mom's 29. Its the same thing!"

"No, no! Joanna! That's different."

"No. Mom was like 22 and you were 29 when you got together. Its the EXACT SAME THING. The only difference is, I'm your daughter and it bothers you."

Mom was laughing to herself. Dad was getting angry but I could tell my wit was making him almost smile, making this somewhat funny. "Well, Stephanie wasn't 16 and I wasn't 24. There's the difference."

"Oh Paul, it won't even matter in a few years." Mom finally spoke

"You're not helping." Dad said as he turned to her. Dad turned back to me but I spoke.

"I just want you to be okay with it. You don't even have to like him."

"Good, because I hate him. I'll never be okay with it. Break up with him."

"No!" I crossed my arms in frustration and sat back against the seat, letting out a little growl. "What do you suggest we do about this?"

"I already told you-"

"I'm not breaking up with him. I love him, dad."

"Oh, I feel sick. Really? Why can't you just date Cody?"

"DAD!" We were both so stubborn, it was a trait I got from him. He wasn't going to accept our relationship and I wasn't breaking up with Randy. "I'm going to St. Louis for spring break."

"Like hell you are!"

"Dad! He's hurt! And I'm his girlfriend."

"I don't give a shit. Frankly, I'm glad he's injured"

"Grrr. I'm going."

"Joanna. You're not going."

"Yes I am."

Dad got up to use the bathroom right before our food came. I started stabbing mine with my fork.

"Don't worry sweetie. Its normal. He's acting exactly how my dad did when we started dating. And look, we're married." Mom said, "He'll come around."

"I want Emancipation." I mumbled. Dad wouldn't ever come around. February was too many months away.

"What will you tell the judge? 'Your honor, my father won't let me be with my 25 year old boyfriend.' Good luck." She successfully made me laugh.

Dad came back to the table with a huge grin on his face. He sat down, looked at me and smiled. "Ya know what? I don't even care anymore. Be with Orton. I'll never accept it, but go ahead. I don't care. Do what you want."

"But you just-" I was cut off.

"No. Its your life. Do what you want."

For some reason, I couldn't help but think dad had an ulterior motive. Could you blame me though?