Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Friday Night Football.

Tomorrow is Saturday, the date of the Founders Party. I'm excited because I'm going with Damon, a guy who is insanely gorgeous. I still haven't told Elena yet, I plan on it today during school so she can't kill me. I take a shower before school, deep in thought about what I'm gonna wear today. I grab my towel and then step out of the shower, there's a crow on the window sill; It freaks me out and I quickly shoo it away, closing the window afterwords.

I'm running a little late, I quickly get dressed into some ripped jeans, a black tank, and some black heels. I do my make up and put moose in my hair, curling it. I'm ready to leave, I grab my purse and car keys and I'm downstairs.

"Rachel? Ready?" I yell

"No, running late." She yells from her room

"Too bad, I'm leaving."

I'm out the door within seconds and I run into Damon, who happens to be walking by.

"Savannah" He grins

"Hey Damon, what are you doing here?" I ask with a smile

"Just going for a walk, Stefan wouldn't leave me alone about asking you to the party"

"You told Stefan?!"

"Was I not allowed to?" Another cocky grin.

"He's gonna tell Elena, who's gonna freak out. I was gonna tell her"

"Oops." He laughs. "So, this is your house?"

"Yeah, my moms."

"Divorced parents?" He questions

"Yeah, so I kinda live here mostly"

"So I'm free to drop by anytime?"

"Haha, slow down buddy. And probably, considering shes never home"

Damon doesn't say anything, he just grins again. Does he know hes attractive? Yes, he has to know.

"Don't you have school?" Damon asks

"Shit! I'm late. Thanks a lot"

"Anytime"

Rachel comes outside and walks over to us

"You're still here..and talking to the hot guy from the grill" Rachel smiles at Damon

"I get that a lot" Damon smirks

"Yes, now get in the car" I tell her, then turn my attention to Damon. "I have to go, but there's a game tonight, come."

"High school game?"

"Yeah, Stefan's playing, which you probably don't care about. But I'm cheering"

"Wait. You're a cheerleader?" He grins

"Yes." I grin back, "Captain"

"I'll see you tonight"

"Bye Damon" I smile as I get into my car

I speed to school and try wiping the smirk off my face. Me and Rachel grab late slips and head to our classes, I have History with Mr. Tanner, yay me.

"Ms. Cunningham, so glad you could join us" Mr. Tanner says, taking my slip

"Sorry." I say, taking my seat

I get stares from Stefan and Elena as I sit down, I'm gonna hear it from them. It doesn't help that I sit in front of Stefan and next to Elena. I actually listen to the lesson today in an effort to avoid them, it only works until the bell rings and the two of them catch up with me.

"Tell me Damon was just playing when he said he was taking you to the Founders Party" Elena says

"Um..will that make you feel better?" I ask

"Savannah, what did I tell you?" Stefan says

"Damon doesn't seem horrible like you say, and hes smokin hot! I didn't have a date and he asked me"

"Savannah-" Elena starts

"Look, Elena I love you so don't get mad, and Stefan you're pretty awesome--but I'm going with Damon."

Elena starts to talk but Stefan stops her. "Fine, but be careful with him"

"Will do Stefan"

The day drags on, my last period was Math and its the worst. Me and Caroline have a shopping trip right after school, I need a new dress for the party even though I have a million.

"So you have a date? Who?" Caroline asks

"Doubt you know him, hes kinda older, but hes gorgeous." I say, looking at a dress I disapprove of

"Guess I'll meet him tomorrow."

"Still no date?"

"Yeah. I was hoping this guy would ask me, then he just...didn't."

"I'm sorry, sweetie."

"Its fine. Just another guy who treats me like crap but I still like"

"So not worth it, Caroline"

"Thanks"

"Whats up with you and the scarves lately? This guy giving you tons of hickeys?"

"Ha. Um, something like that I guess"

I just laugh at her, who knows who shes dating these days, I'm just surprised I haven't heard of this sooner. I find the perfect dress, it fits me beautifully and even makes my eyes pop!

"Its perfect" Caroline says. "Hes gonna love it"

"Hope so" I smile

After getting the dresses, I head home and change into my cheer outfit. I change my hairstyle and head out the door once again. There goes Damon and this time hes in his car.

"Are you stalking me, Mr. Salvatore?" I ask

"Would you like it if I said yes?" He grins

"Maaybe"

"Wanna ride?"

"Sure"

Damon opens the door from the inside and I get in.

"Where to?" Damon asks

"The school, duh"

"We could skip it"

"But I have to be there"

"Oh fine. By the way, you look ah-mazing in that uniform"

"Thank you" I smile

We get to the school and of course I'm running a little late, but luckily nothing has started yet.

"Thanks for the ride, Damon" I say

"Wait." He says, grabbing my wrist and pinning me against his car. He kisses me, not too long, not too fast...but it left me just a little dazed. "See you after"

I have a little time for chatting with Elena before I have to take my spot with the squad.

"Did I just see Damon kiss you?" Elena asks

"Yes, you did." I say

"Wait, and he drove you here?"

"Yes!" I smile

"You really like him huh?"

"Yeah, I think so"

"But, Damon was just with-"

Before Elena can finish, I'm being rushed away by Bonnie. I have to stand with my squad as Mr. Tanner makes his little speech on how we're gonna win tonight. I do my part and cheer. I cheer extra loud when he mentions his new star player, Stefan Salvatore.

Of course drama follows everywhere and there's a fight, between Tyler and Elena's kid brother Jeremy. Stefan gets involved and saves the day, like always.

"Drama drama" I say

"Who fights over Vicki Donovan?" Caroline asks

"A loser, and you can't blame Jeremy, he's young."

"Yeah, I guess so."

The game never gets underway, its canceled, due to an animal attack. Mr. Tanner was attacked and killed by an animal. I know I didn't like the guy, but I just saw him tonight, giving the team their pep talk, and now hes dead. It gives me a horrible, cold feeling. I have to get out of here. I walk to the parking lot, realizing I didn't drive myself here, "shit. " I mumble.

"Savannah"

Its Damon. "God, you scared me!" I yell

"Sorry. You alright?"

"Didn't you see what happened?"

"Yeah. That's horrible, what happened to the coach. Come on, I'll take you home"

"Okay"

Damon wraps his arm around me as he walks me to his car.

"Its a shame, I never got to see you cheer" Damon says

"What should we do about that?"

"Instead of taking you home, we could go somewhere else"

"Like your house?" I question him

"Oh, if you insist"

Damon seals the deal with one of his smirks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Savannah's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/ashley_greene_jackson_rathbone/set?id=14685117