Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Hope.

I woke up from my nap and Damon was still with me, lying next to me. I glanced at the clock at it was 9:30 PM. I shouldn't of took that nap, now I'll never sleep tonight, but it was the best sleep I got all week.

"You awake?" Damon asked, kissing my forehead. It felt nice, I knew this was how things were supposed to be.

"Yeah." I sat up a bit, scratching my head. Then my stomach started to growl

"You should eat something. Amy put dinner aside for you."

"So you were just up walking about the house?"

"Uh huh." Damon nodded his head, "Your family loves me."

Interesting. "Okay then."

"You should go socialize with them."

"I guess so. Will you come back..? Is that even alright?"

Damon laughed. "Its fine. I sleep with you every night. That, your family doesn't know about."

I nodded my head a laughed. "Okay."

Damon kissed me goodbye before disappearing out my window. He said he did that often? I got out of bed, put my hair up, and left my room. On my way downstairs I passed Elena's room, I saw she was home, so I went in to say hi.

"Hey." I smiled

"Hey!" Elena smiled back. She was on her laptop. "How are you feeling?"

"Hopeful." I smiled again

"Really?"

"Yeah. Damon so much stuff about us. I remembered three things-"

"What?! What did you remember?"

"I remembered the hat I bought him, us dancing at the 50's dance, but I could barely see his face, and I remembered when I tried running into the burning building after him."

"Wow, that's great. I'm so glad you're starting to remember."

"Me too. I just want everything to come back."

"I know. Me and Stefan kinda saw the two of you kissing."

I put my head down and smiled. How could I be embarrassed by kissing my own boyfriend? I don't know but I was. "Really?"

"Yeah. It made me happy."

I smiled at her. "Damon said he slept with me every night. I came to the conclusion that he's the reason why I'm having such trouble sleeping."

"Its true, I just didn't wanna say it. You basically can't sleep without him next to you. Every night, either you're at his house or he's here."

"I think I'm in love with him."

"Well, I hope so." I just looked at her, she knew what I meant. Elena smiled. "Oh, I get it."

"Do you think its possible? I mean, he tells me this whole story between us--even the horrible parts, I'm sure there's parts he left out too. And then he kisses me and I just feel like...flying!"

"Yes, I think anything is possible. Now do you believe me when I say things are gonna get better?"

"I guess so."

After talking with Elena, I went downstairs to eat. Everybody was still awake, so I ate my dinner and talked with my family. I haven't really talked to any of them in almost a week and it felt good to have some human interaction. Staring at a damn bird isn't good for the soul, or mind for that matter.

When I woke up, I felt well rested. Damon came back last night, as promised. But he was gone when I woke up, I assume that was normal. Today, I was actually going to do something with myself instead of laying around my room, crying. I didn't have much reason to cry anymore. Sure, I didn't have my memory back, but I had hope, which was better than nothing. I took a shower and got dressed, did my hair and put on makeup. The bruises on my face were almost faded away and they were very coverable with makeup, thank god.

When I got downstairs, breakfast was served and we had company. Uncle Frank, Madison, and Chris. Stefan was here with Elena.

"Hey everybody." I said to the crowd of people

"Hey. Grab some breakfast before the boys eat it all." Amy smiled

I nodded my head and piled a little bit of food on my plate. I sat down next to Stefan, who was sitting next to Elena.

"Good morning." He smiled

"Morning buddy. Has she sank her claws into you yet?" I asked, referring to Madison

"She hasn't got the chance to." Elena answered for him. I just smirked at her, she was smart. "What are your plans for today?"

"I'm gonna go see Caroline. Then, maybe I'll go see Damon? What are you guys doing to day?"

"Hm, we aren't sure yet."

"How about later, you and Damon can meet up with me and Elena." Stefan suggested

"That sounds good. Do we like to do that? Hang with you guys?"

Stefan and Elena laughed at how confused I was, but it was important. I wanted to do things I was used to doing, so hopefully my memory would come back faster.

"Lately, yes." Elena said

"Yeah. This brother stuff is still pretty new for me and Damon."

I nodded in agreement, remembering some of the things Damon told me last night. After I finished my breakfast, I said bye to everybody and was out the door. I got into my Mustang, wow, I missed my car, and I headed over to Caroline's house.

"Savannah!" Caroline answered the door. "Elena said you had amnesia, do you remember me?" She said in her usual 'Caroline-like' way

I laughed at the fact that she said I had amnesia. "Yes, I remember you, Carebare." She laughed at the nickname I've been calling her since we've met, well until this year anyway, and she let me inside. "Its just some things I can't remember."

Elena obviously didn't tell her everything and I didn't want to explain it neither. I sat down on the couch, The Jersey Shore was on TV. "Well thank god you remember me. Hows your head?"

"Its pretty good. How are you? How's recovering?"

"Its getting pretty good. I don't go anywhere much because I can't drive yet and moms always at work, but I'm getting there."

"Well then how about we hang at the grill? If my memory serves me right, and hopefully it has, that's the spot."

Caroline laughed. "That sounds good actually. I haven't been there since my accident, let me get dressed."

Caroline made her way upstairs to get dressed. I just watched tv, I wasn't hungry but we could hang there a while. I haven't been there in a while and I'm beginning for forget what the damn place looked like. When we arrived, it was already becoming packed with the local teenagers. Me and Caroline grabbed a seat at our favorite table.

"Drinks on me. What do you want?" I asked Caroline

"Hmm. Long Island Iced Tea, thanks."

I nodded my head and made my way to the bar. I knew this bartender, he gives us whatever without checking ID.

"Two long island tea's." I tell him.

I lean against the bar, waiting for our drinks. I realized where I was at and something played in my head.

At the grill, we sit at the bar. I eat cheese fries and Damon drinks, telling the bartender to leave the bottle. We hang here for a good while.

----------------------

"Stefan!" Uhh...Stefan calls out as he walks over to us. "Ya know, I've been thinking...I think we should give this brother thing another chance. We used to do it oh so well once upon a time" He says then gives these weird looks. Wait...is he trying to be Damon?

"I don't, Damon." Damon says to Stefan in a mock voice. "I can't trust you to be a nice guy, you kill everybody and you're so mean...you're so mean." Damon finishes and shakes his head. "You're really hard to imitate and then I have to go to that lesser place." He says normally

"Uh, that was interesting. But I'm late to meet Elena, bye Damon." I say, standing up

"Bye babe." damon gives me a kiss before I leave I wave bye to Stefan and make my way to Elena's house.

-----------------------

I smiled and laughed at the memory. It was a funny one, I didn't know why Stefan was doing that, but the point was I was starting to remember Damon more. His face, it was a little clearer than last time. "Here are your drinks, Sav." The bartender said. I thanked him and grabbed them, making my way back to the table with a smile on my face.