Status: hopefully active.....

Behind This Pretty Face

Already Prepared.

"William!" I shouted angrily once I found him in the parking lot the next day of school. I ran across to him, glad I wore my flip flops today instead of heels, while he stood frozen in fear. I started to get a bit lightheaded from running on no energy, but soon enough I caught up to him.

"Um...hey Cate..." He started out cautiously.

"Cut the bullshit, William. You ran into my car yesterday, didn't you? You were that fucker?" I leaned closer in his face. He backed away, gulped, and nodded.

"Well, you left a dent. Small one, but none the less, it's there, and it's your fault." His eyes widened while my eyes narrowed.

"I...um...I..." He stuttered, sticking his hand in his pocket and rummaging around. I raised in eyebrow in confused as his face finally settled. He pulled something out of pocket that I soon realized was money.

"I hope this should cover some of it...." He smiled lightly. I grimaced and flipped through the wad of cash.

"How much is this?" I questioned, seeing the numbers on the bills go up and up.

"350$." He replied like it was nothing.

"Who has $350 lying around in their pocket like its nothing?" I snapped. He shrugged, and I was surprised and slightly appalled to see that he had become used to my bitchy attitude.

"I didn't have it just lying around. I work, you know. At a job. I earn money." He started. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not fucking stupid, I know what work means."

He ignored me and continued.

"And I figured there might be damage on the car so I brought some money for your troubles, and I was probably going to give it to you whether I dented the car or not."

I bit my lip and nodded my head. There was no way I could be a bitch right now. He had just brought me $350 for one reason or another.

"If that's all." He nodded his head down, spun on his heel, and walked away quickly, leaving me in the parking lot. I stuffed the money in my wallet before anyone could see how much I had.

Had I just been out bitched?

- - -

After school, I was getting my car ready to leave when the passengers seat opened and I found Jane.

"I'm coming over whether you like it or not." She winked. I started panicking. Jane wasn't exactly the most open person and if your house wasn't spic and span clean and at least two stories high, you'd be judged. How was I supposed to explain I live in a two room house in the middle of nowhere with clothes all over the place and unavailable parents?

"Hah, I don't think so. Lets go to your house." I stuck the keys in the engine and starting driving out of the school road. How did I end up with such judgmental friends?

Well, actually, I had no friends. Except Jane, and she only knew about my school life. Everyone else I talked to was just Jane's friend, or people that knew other people and sat at our lunch table.

There was no one that really knew me. But I was glad for that, because if people really knew me they would disown me from their lives.

No one would want a poor, bulimic, lonely girl as their best friend anyway. I would rather stay the gorgeous confident bitch I am at school, thank you very much.

When we got to Jane's house, I grabbed my bag and started heading inside her perfectly polished house. Her puppy yellow lab attacked me and I pet its soft head while Jane was walking in the door.

"Come on, Cate. Lets go upstairs. Oh wait, do you want anything to eat first?"

I shook my head no and quickly headed towards the stairs. When we got up to her room, she closed the door and turned towards me.

"Why were you talking to Will this morning in the parking lot?" She wrinkled her nose at his name. I sighed in frustration.

"Because, yesterday while I was leaving school that asshole bumped into the back of my car and I went to go bitch him out for it. However, it seems like he was already prepared for it, seeing as he already had the money for the dent he made." I shook my head in mock disgust.

"I would've continued to bitch him out right then and there, even if he had the money already ready for me." She mused, turning on her computer.

"I was going to, but then he walked away." I lied. How could I tell her I let him walk away without a fight?

"That little loser. Ah whatever. You got your money and everything is good." She shrugged. My phone vibrated and I looked at the new text I recieved. I gulped when I realized it was my dad.

Get your ass home now, you clumsy little bitch.

My only thought was that they found out about the car. But how could they find out about the car if I had it? Maybe it was something different. Maybe they were just in a mood to use me as a human rag doll again.

"Jane, I gotta go. My parents need me." I jumped off her bed, running out the door.

"See ya."