Status: DONE

Fire in Our Hearts and Ice in Our Veins

QUATRE

Harley had been extremely hesitant at first when Patrick came into the studio that morning bearing two tickets to his hockey game. But when Patrick pulled out a child size pink Kane Blackhawks jersey, the look of pure joy on Catherine’s face made it impossible for Harley to say no. She sometimes worried that Patrick used Catherine to get to her, but she could tell Patrick cared about Catherine when he started to explain that the tickets were for a game during the afternoon so that Catherine wouldn't get home too late. The tickets weren't for just any afternoon either, they were for this afternoon. When Harley went up to grab a sweat shirt from her apartment above the studio, she came back down to find Patrick talking to Catherine. Harley stood in the doorway, eavesdropping on the conversation.

"I know you can't understand me, but I'm really nervous, Cat. What if I screw up and make a fool of myself? We're playing the Canucks, that's our biggest rival. Will you still love me if we lose?"

Harley smiled to herself in the doorframe. She watched as Catherine got up from her spot on the floor and walked towards Patrick. She may have sensed Patrick's nervousness or it may have been that she didn't know quite what else to do, but she put her arms as far around Patrick's neck as they could reach and hugged him.

"Thanks Cat."

Harley felt herself starting to tear up, but she prevented it by barging into the room, ending their little moment. "Alright are we all ready to go? Êtes-vous prêt à aller Catherine? (Are you ready to go Catherine?)"

"Oui!" Catherine replied.

The three of them got in the limo joining Jonathan and a few other men Harley had never met before. Patrick was quick to prove his gentleman skills.

"Harley, I'd like you to meet Corey Crawford, Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, you already know Jonathan and Patrick Sharp," he said while pointing at each one, "guys, this is Harley Anderson and Catherine Laurent."

Catherine climbed in an empty seat next to Jonathan and began to speak in french with him, while Harley and Patrick took the empty two seater.

"Nice to meet you all," Harley said.

"So you're the famous Harley that Kaner can't shut up about?" Patrick Sharp joked.

"Shut up, Sharpie!" Both Patrick and Harley began to turn red.

"Cool name. I've never met anyone named Harley before. It's like the motorcycle," Brent announced.

"Actually you aren't far off," Harley said, "my father worked with motorcycles, they took his harley to the hospital when my mom went into labour."

The guys all laughed. The rest of the ride consisted of Jonathan teaching Catherine about the hockey in french and the rest of the guys teaching Harley about hockey in english.

"So wait, you can just start a full on fist fight right in the middle of the game?"

"Yupp, isn't it awesome?" Duncan smiled.

"It's barbaric."

"Good thing you're not into fighting, your little boyfriend over there is a total wimp," Patrick Sharp chimed in, motioning towards Patrick.

"FUCK YOU SHARPIE!" Patrick looked horrified and completely embarrassed.

"HEY! Watch your language!" Harley scolded, only making Patrick embarrassed even further.

"No, I'm serious. Go to hockeyfights.com, his name isn't even there," Patrick Sharp continued to laugh.

"Ce qui ne va? (What's wrong?)" Catherine asked Jonathan, the sudden yelling and Patrick's hurt expression made her concerned.

"Monsieur Sharp insulté Patrick en disant qu'il est un lâche car il ne combat pas pendant les matchs. (Mr. Sharp insulted Patrick by saying that he's a coward because he doesn't fight during games.)" Jonathan explained.

Catherine hopped up and went to give Patrick a hug, and then crossed the limo again and faced Patrick Sharp, hands on her hips. "Combattre n'est pas quelque chose d'être fiers. Je peux imaginer que vous ne le fais que pour couvrir le fait que vous n'êtes pas un bon joueur de hockey." Catherine said with fire in her eyes and then went and sat back down next to Jonathan.

Patrick Sharp sat there with his mouth wide open, Jonathan, Duncan and Harley were laughing hysterically, and the other three were begging to know what she said.

"She said," Duncan started, having trouble getting his words out due to laughter, "That fighting is not something to be proud of. And that Sharpie only does it to cover up the fact that he isn't a good hockey player."

Catherine sat there with a content look on her face, watching the other three boys finally understand and burst into fits of laughter as well. Patrick held his arms open for a hug, which Catherine gladly accepted.

"Tell her I said she's the best," Patrick said to Harley.

"Patrick dit que vous êtes le meilleur," Harley told her and the little girl beamed with pride.

All the sudden Harley was seeing Patrick in a new light. He wasn't the cocky, self absorbed, hostile hockey player Harley had expected him to be. She began to notice little things like how blue his eyes were or how much she loved it when he smiled his bright smile. She snapped herself out of it. She couldn't let herself fall for him. Because no one, not even Patrick Kane, would be able to handle the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think will happen next? What do you want to happen next? Let me know how I'm doing!