Status: Just starting out :)

Under Control

Five

My mitten covered hands were shoved as far as they could go into my pockets, and were still getting cold. I kept my face down, trying to protect it from the whipping winds, and glanced over to see Lux in the same position. We passed by Fred and George, the pair of them taking bets, and I rolled my eyes as we walked by. I promised to save George a seat, and I continued on the short walk into the arena.

“I still can’t believe that dragons are the first task,” Lux said as she walked towards an empty row.

“I just hope they don’t get too hurt,” I said looking at the pit below us, “Especially Cedric, Jess will be crushed if her boyfriend is fatally injured.”

“Boyfriend!?” Lux asked in a loud voice, “She’s dating him, and she didn’t tell me?”

“She told us in the library the other day,” I said looking at her with creased eyebrows, “You were staring off into wonderland though.”

“Oh,” she said quieter, a blush on her cheeks, “Well shit, I’m the only single one then, aren’t i?”

“Not for long,” I said waving over her shoulder, “Your little crush is heading this way.”

She looked confused, but her face lit up when Seamus walked down our row, closely followed by Dean Thomas, and some other fourth year Gryffindors. I chuckled, noticing how flushed she got when he gave her a hug, and how bright her eyes were when he talked. The arena was filling up quickly, and I was almost sure that George and Fred were the last two students to find a seat.

“So who’s picked as the winner?” I asked George as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.

“Cedric, followed by Krum,” he said, ignoring Dumbledore as he began to explain the task, “I personally pick Harry, but I’m biased.”

“I have faith in my fellow Gryffindor,” I said with a nod, “I just didn’t want to place a bet. I’m not one for gambling.”

“Rightfully so,” Lux said leaning over, “You guys shouldn’t be collecting money to see who’s going to make it through these things! What if someone ends up dying?”

“Dumbledore wouldn’t let that happen,” Fred said with a sharp nod, “Besides, it’s all for shits and giggles, it’s not like we’re using a bookie.”

I just shook my head, glad the conversation ended where it had, and looked down to the pit where they were bringing in the first dragon and champion.

-----

I stood against the wall in the common room, cheering along with everyone else, and took a sip of the butterbeer clasped in my hand. I laughed as Fred and George lifted Harry up above their shoulders, and started another cheer directed towards him. Lux stood next to me, her eyes intently on Seamus, waiting for him to come back over.

“Go on! Open the egg!” Fred shouted, causing more cheers to erupt.

Harry obliged, and unscrewed the top, sending an ear shatter screech into the air. The twins dropped him, myself dropping the butterbeer bottle, and everybody’s hands flew to their ears. I didn’t move my ears, until I was sure the sound had vanished, and stood by awkwardly as I noticed Ron standing in the archway for the portrait hole.

“Alright, move along kids, gonna be awkward enough without you lot looking on,” George said, making people groan, “Don’t worry, we’ll continue this party tomorrow night, or on Halloween.”

Everyone finally obliged, Lux looking disappointed that she wouldn’t have a lot of time with Seamus, and I hugged her goodbye as seamus came over to walk her to her common room. I walked over to the couch by the fire, falling onto the red velvet, and rested my head on George’s lap. He shot me a smile, running his fingers through my hair, and I closed my eyes contently.

“What’re you thinking about, love?” he asked, making me peep an eye open.

“Just how perfect you are,” I said before being interrupted by my rumbling stomach, “And how hungry I am apparently.”

“Fancy a trip to the kitchens? I reckon Dobby’ll make us some nice pastries,” he said making me bolt up.

“You’re perfect,” I said grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the portrait hole, “You just better hope we don’t get caught sneaking around.”

“But the anxiety of that makes it more of an adventure,” he said as we walked into the dark hallway.

We ended up getting to the kitchen with only one close run in to Filch, and were luckily saved by Peeves causing a disturbance on the other end of the hall. We slid into the kitchen, after tickling the pear, and were greeted by a few house elves.

“Master Weasley, Mistress Franceschi,” Dobby said bowing to us, “What does Dobby owe this visit to?”

“We were hoping for a late night snack,” I said grinning at his big green eyes.

“Of course, I’ll get them right away,” he said hurrying off and leaving the pair of us alone.

“He’s a life saver,” I said sitting at one of the small tables, “I’m glad he was freed by Harry, and still came to work here.”

“And he makes the best tea,” George said with a wink.

Before I could even respond, Dobby had brought us a tray filled with sandwiches, brownies and two large mugs of tea. I thanked him, causing him to smile, and George and I dug in quickly. I almost let out a groan of approval when I took a bite of the sandwich, seeing as it was like heaven, and nearly choked when George did so. We ate in silence, knowing we had to hurry and get back to our rooms, and our food was gone in no time. I slid my right shoe off, revealing a bright purple and yellow striped sock, and peeled it off, handing it to Dobby as he walked to us. He was so ecstatic, that his clean up went quickly and George and I were on our way.

“Thanks for that lovely snack, Mr. Weasley,” I said clasping his hand in my own.

“My pleasure, Ms. Franceschi,” he said winking at me, “We better hurry back to the tower, Filch’ll be back here soon, and I know Lux and Jess make you study on Sunday Mornings.”

“Too true,” I said sliding into the hidden staircase, “Plus, I have to quiz Lux on her little thing with Seamus. They were awfully close for most of the day.”

-----

Saying I was tired when I woke up the next morning was an understatement. I pulled on a baggy Puddlemore United sweatshirt on over my jeans, and threw my bag over my shoulder, shuffling down the stairs to the common room. I merely raised my hand in a wave to the twins and Lee, before yawning and making my way towards the library. Lux and Jess were already at a table, their books open, and quills at the ready, and nodded to me as I sat down.

“Why are you so tired? The party ended at like 10,” Jess said noticing the dark circles under my eyes.

“George and I went to the kitchens for a midnight snack,” I said opening my transfiguration book, “We got back at like 1, meaning I only got around 7 hours of sleep.”

“That’s quite a lot,” Jess said making me shoot her a glare.

“Not for Elissa, she needs at least 9 to function properly,” Lux said making me nod.

“Speaking of functioning,” I said setting my quill down and clasping my hands together, “What was happened with you and Seamus yesterday after you guys left?”

“First of all, that had nothing to do with anything,” she said with a short laugh, “And secondly, why does it matter? We’re just friends.”

“Just friends don’t cuddle together to stay warm,” I said shooting her a look.

“Or blush when their names are mentioned,” Jess said mimicking my actions.

“So maybe I have a tiny crush on him, so what?” she said making Jess and I grin like Cheshire cats.

“D’ya hear that Jess, our little Lux is in love,” I said making an exaggerated cooing noise towards her.

“She’s growing up so fast,” Jess said wiping a fake tear.

“You two have lost it,” Lux said shaking her head and going back to her book, “Now get to studying, or we won’t make it to lunch on time.”

I let out the laugh that was dying to escape, as well as Jess, and we quickly shut up when Madame Prince walked by and gave us our one warning. We quickly stuck our noses back in our books, much to Lux’s pleasure, and I aimlessly took notes on stuff that I already knew, or didn’t care to learn anymore about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Time jump in the next chapter. I don't wanna drag things out too much :)