Status: Getting Going

Kiss Goodbye

Prologue: I Think I'm Going To Like These Neighbors

Emmaline, I went out to get some things for dinner tonight.- Cian

I smiled at the note my older brother left, he was always thinking about other people, and for that reason I was more than happy to move in with him. At twenty-five and five years older than me, most would think he would be married, but Cian wasn’t the type to have a stable relationship.

I stretched my arms over my head and walked over to the windows in our condo, pulling the blinds wide open, the Florida sun shining through brightly. Today we were having guests over. Just having moved in with my brother, the neighbors who I have yet to meet yet wanted to meet me, so Cian invited them over.

It was good to feel the sun again, to be happy. I moved in with Cian because of the abusive relationship I was in with Ryan, my ex-boyfriend back in Texas. I am partially deaf, I can’t hear in my left ear because of a ruptured ear drum thanks to him so I have to wear a hearing aid. I grinned seeing a picture of my brother and I with our parents back in Ireland. Our dad was Irish so we would visit every now and then.

“Emma, are you awake?” I looked up as the door and Cian walked in. He rolled his green eyes at me. “Ok, you definitely cannot wear your boy shorts without anything else on top of them around here, I’m your brother, remember?”

“Yes dad.” I smiled. “Let me go get dressed.” I walked back into my room and began searching or some clothes. I put on a tribal printed color maxi dress with some short shorts under, put on my makeup and walked back out.

“Em, really?” Cian groaned. “That’s barely anything, I don’t need the guys talking about my sister.”

“Tell me about these neighbors.” I asked. “What are they like?” He pulled out some pots to start the food.

“Well,” he began “They’re names are Steve and Steven. They play for the Tampa Bay Lightning.” I squealed, I loved going to Stars games down in Texas. “You can know the rest tonight. It was my turn to groan as there was a knock on the door. I turned to Cian and smiled.

“I think I’m going to like these neighbors.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story, just getting going. Comments please?

-Kris