Status: Pervin!

Tiptoe Through The Tulips

I

Everyday I wake up, piss, clean up, and clothe myself. Sounds simple enough. I don’t have anyone to deal with or provide for. I just do me, I guess. I live in what is probably the shittiest apartment complex in Nevada and I make below average grades. School or independent live has never exactly been my forte, so to speak. My possessions are few. I own a few appliances, a few sets of clothes, a neglected guitar, and a few articles of literature. I’m generally a loner in most eyes. Sure, I have a few friends, but nobody that I really hold close. As far as jobs go, I fucking need one. My last job was a less than glorious desk job ay my school. Not very impressive, huh? So, today I plan on going job hunting. Well, after I get my coffee.

The television was currently playing the local news.

“A local woman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose. Yong Maria Cordoza’s body was found in her downtown Las Vegas apartment late last night at about 11:30. Autopsy results show that there were large amounts of cocaine and methamphetamines in her system. The drugs are believed to be from a local gang. Maria was only twenty-two years old. More on this story at four.” The news anchor read her headlines with as much fake emotion as possible. She almost sounded genuinely sad, but her huge cherry smile wasn’t helping her case.

Stupid bullshit. I shut the television off and grabbed my keys from the coffee table and headed out the door, bolting both locks on my way. You can never be too safe when you love in this big of a shit hole. Walking over to my crappy car, I nearly tripped over my own foot. Smooth, Ryan, real smooth. The car door unlocked and I ducked into the seat. I turned the key and shifted into reverse, making my way onto my latest job-seeking adventure. I pulled up to the Summerlin Town Centre and parked in front on the local coffee shop. I hopped out of the car and walked into the small shop, a small bell signaling my arrival. Lauren, the girl at the counter recognized me and greeted me by my name.

“Good morning, Ryan!”

“Morning, Lauren.” I replied, not quite as excited as her. You see, she has a little bit of a crush on me. Sure, she’s pretty and all that shit, but I’m kinda gayer than Freddie Mercury and Elton John combined. As far as Lauren knows, I’m completely straight. Ha.

“The usual?”

“Of course. Thanks, Lauren.” I handed over my two dollars and she handed me the hot cup of magic.

“You’re Welcome, Ryan! See you again tomorrow!” She waved me off and I headed out the door. I was about to unlock my car when I seen a small red and white help wanted sign in the bottom corner of a flower shop. A flower shop? Really? Well, I am gay…and I do really need a job…so, I’m taking it.

A job at a flower shop is just a little gay, even for me, but fuck it. Hopefully florists get paid more than shit an hour. Well, lets just hope for the best. I walked up to the flower shop, coffee in hand, and took a deep breath.

“Don’t fuck this up, Ryan. You need this..” Great, now I’m fucking talking to myself in public.

My hand absentmindedly pushed the door open without my approval and I nervously made my way in. I rung the bell on the counter and waited about 45 seconds before an employee ran up to the counter. He looked up at me after he caught his breath and asked “Can I help you?”

“Uh, yeah…are you guys still hiring?’ I asked nervously.

“Yeah, we’re a little desperate for help.” He said with a sigh. He handed me an application and ran back behind the plastic curtains he had just came through. His boss was yelling for his help. He managed to get a ‘sorry’ out on his way.

I sighed in relief and walked out the door with my coffee and application in hand, headed towards my car. Hopefully this job isn’t too hard. I sipped my coffee and started back to my apartment.

I can only hope for the best…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is the beginning of Delaney and I's really gay Ryden. She shall be posting the next chapter.

Comments?

Teeheee....thanks!