Gracie

A Talk With the Police and Detectives

-Gracie's P.O.V-
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"GET THEM!!!" I heard a man's voice shout. I felt a hard grip on my right arm as Marina and I were forced to sit on a white sofa in Cassie's living room. In front of us stood 5 policemen and 3 detectives. Marina and I exchanged confused glances, and Marina held my left hand tight. One of the policemen leaned closer to us.
"Where were you ladies, yesterday afternoon, between 4p.m till 6p.m?" He asked.
"Well I was at home." I said.
"And I was at the skate park." Marina replied. The policeman that asked us the questions stopped leaning in and stood straight up again. "Hm...are you sure that you weren't anywhere near Cassie Donavon?"
"No, we haven't been in contact with each other ever since last Friday..." Marina said.
I saw something red on the floor behind a detective that was right in front of me. "What's that?" I asked.
"What?" The dectective and a policeman let me see through.
I gasped. It was the dead body of Cassie. She had an arrow through her back and there was blood all around her. Her eyes were wide open with fear, and blood soaked right through her baby-pink mini-dress. I was pretty shocked, and I could sort of sense that Marina was gonna faint any second. Marina had this "fear" of the sight of blood.
But how could she have died? I only posted embarassing photos of her on MySpace. Did it really embarass her so much, she died? Nah, don't think so.
Suddenly I heard the front door open. And then a girly scream...from a familiar boy's voice...
It was Frank and Gerard. Frank was probably the one who screamed.
"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them, standing up.
"Well, we came to visit Cassie - it's her birthday tomorrow." Gerard replied.
Marina stood up, quite happily, actually.
"Hi, Gee..." She said, twirling her straightened-naturally-frizzy-hair.
I could see she was flirting, for a while there...
"Ok..." Gerard was looking dreamily at Marina, and Marina back.
"Uh, Gee..." Frank started, waving a hand in front of Gerard's face.
"I think they are having a moment, or something." ...and we should have one too, I thought.
Frank gave me a confused look, as if he read my mind. Not that we should...I thought again. Frank gave me another weird look, whoa...can Frank read minds?
I suddenly heard a tiny voice in my head, saying something like, "Do you like me, and why do you think we need a moment?" Oh my God!! We can both read minds!! He smiled at me, and I smiled back. Maybe next time; I thought. I think he got it.
"So, have you 4 kids finished your 'meeting-time'?" A policemen asked us.
"Um; well, yeah..." Gerard said unsurely. Marina did a little bye-bye wave to Gee, and he did the same.
"Ooh...I think someone got hit by Cupid's arrow!" I joked as Marina and I walked back to the sofa.
"Oh, please...I could tell you and Frank were having a 'moment' too, y'know!" Marina said back.
We both sat on the sofa again, with the policeman asking us more questions, such as:
"Did you do anything that could of badly hurt her?"
"Did she do anything that to you that badly hurt you?" etc.
About 20 minutes later, after a detective wrote down the answers on a grey pad and the policeman asking us questions, they went off to the kitchen, and asked us to wait on the sofa.
It was now 5:40p.m - oh no, last time I got home past 5 I got a slap.
Luckily, 10 minutes later - it is now 5:50, 10 mins till 6 - the policeman came back.
"Girls, you are under arrest for the murder of Cassie Donavon."
Marina and I looked worriedly at one another, as the policemen handcuffed us.
I have a feeling this will last a long time...but still, it's Friday - maybe my parents can forward my curfew a bit, until maybe 10 years?

To be continued...