Status: In Progress.

You Belong With Me

Girl Talk

After what felt like hours of shopping for the perfect dresses, Emma and I were sitting inside a coffee shop enjoying the warm cappuccinos we ordered.

"I had fun today," Emma said. "I really love the dress we found for you, too. It suits you very well."

"I had fun, too. Thank you for dragging me out of my apartment. I imagine I'd be re-watching My Best Friend's Wedding with a tub of ice cream right about now."

"I knew you would thank me for that later," she said, smugly.

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my cappuccino, enjoying the warmth it brought throughout my whole body.

"Now, all you need is a date," she said. "Then you're all set."

"Why do I need a date?" I asked.

"Because we're not letting you go alone, Abbie," she said, obviously.

"I'm okay with going alone, though."

She gave me one of her famous looks while I stared back at her. I was telling the truth. I didn't mind going to the party alone. I didn't plan on enjoying myself very much anyways. How could I?

"What if someone were to ask you?" she asked. "Would you turn them down?"

"I don't know," I said. "Why? You had better not be planning anything, Emma."

"I'm not," she said, acting as if she were shocked. "I cannot believe you would expect such a thing from me."

"I always expect anything and everything from you," I said, grinning. "Anyways, who are you taking as a date? Eric?"

"I don't think so," she said. "He just isn't what I thought he was."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said, sincerely. "I thought you really liked him."

"I do, but it just isn't really working out," she said. "We don't really agree on much. Our lives are going in separate directions."

"I understand," I said. "That stuff can happen."

"Yeah."

"I think this declares a girls night wouldn't you say?" I asked after a moment. "Movies, ice cream, the whole works?"

"Absolutely," she said. "My place?"

"Of course," I said. "Let's go to the store and pick up some food and then we can stop by my place for me to get my things."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Can I bring My Best Friend's Wedding?" I asked, hopefully.

"For the love of-," she started to say, but stopped. "You know what? Sure. Why not? It's been a while since I've watched it anyways."

I smiled triumphantly as we both stood up to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter isn't that great and it's short, but it's been forever since I've updated and I'm sorry for that. I've had school and writers block payed me a visit, but I will try to update more often now. I appreciate everyone who has subscribed and commented. It makes me so happy :). Please comment and tell me what you think of the story so far.