Status: Editing/Active.

I Work for the Joker and I'm Dating Bruce Wayne

The Meeting.

I sighed, knowing if I didn’t go, there would be hell to pay. I walked back to the table Bruce was at and sat down across from him. "What’s wrong?" he asked knowing something wasn’t right. "Bruce, I...my...my grandma just died" I looked down at the table. I didn’t like lying to Bruce but I couldn’t exactly tell him that I worked for The Clown Prince of Gotham.

He grabbed my hand. "Oh, Anna, babe, I’m so sorry. You should go" I looked up at him, holding back the tears. "I-are you sure?" he nodded. "I’ll call you later. Okay?" I nodded. He picked my hand up and brought it to his mouth.

"I’ll miss you" I smiled. He was so sweet; and here I was lying to him. I was a bitch! "I’ll miss you too" I stood up. He stood up with me.

He grabbed a fistful of my black hair and pushed my mouth against his. He kissed me with so much passion, it felt like I was going to float away if I stopped holding onto him.
When we pulled away, I gave him a weak smile and grabbed my purse. "Bye Bruce. I love you" he smiled and wrapped me up in his arms. "I love you too" he leaned in and peeked my lips.

"I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?" I nodded and left the restaurant. When I got out onto the Gotham streets, the air was warm, but not too warm. I sighed and hailed a cab. When one stopped, I got in and gave him the address of the warehouse. In about 20 minutes, the cab stopped in front of a shady looking, abandoned warehouse.

The driver turned around to look at me. "You sure this is the place?" I nodded. I reached into my purse and pulled out a 20. I handed him the money and stepped out. When he drove away, I started making my way to the front of the warehouse.

My Stilettos clacking against the pavement road was the only sound heard. When I reached the front door, I knocked on the door twice. The door was immediately opened.
Two goons, known as Rock and Teeth, were standing behind the door. They both were wearing their clown masks.

"Hey Anna. What up with the fancy get-up?" Teeth asked pointing at my black dress, Stilettos, and curled hair. "She was on a date!" came a high pitched voice then insane crackling laughter. We all looked around for the source of the voice. None of us saw the Joker anywhere. I shrugged and was about to ask what I was needed for when The Joker came falling through the air.

He landed on both of his feet in front of me. He smiled his insanely happy smile. "Weren’t you Anna? You were on a date. Who’s the lucky guy? Hmmm..." "Oh Joker. You know you’re the only one for me" I ran my hand up and down his arm. Joker had gotten rid of Harley about a week ago and started coming onto me. I had no choice to go along with it.

What Joker wants, Joker gets. He smirked and patted both my cheeks. "Let’s keep it that way" he winked and walked off. I raised an eyebrow at his back. "What was I needed for?" "Oh. We’re having a meeting" he continued to walk away, whistling a tune to himself.

I looked at Rock and Teeth; they shrugged and started to follow. I sighed and did the same. Soon, we were all in the meeting room. There was a long meeting table type thing, that Joker stole, with chairs surrounding it. Most of his goons were already sitting in a chair.

Joker was sitting in the head one. Two spots were left open next to him; one on his right and one on his left. I took the one on his left. Crook, who was Joker’s strongest goon, sat on his right. Joker cleared his throat and we all turned our attention to him.

"Glad you could all make it" he smiled. "Tomorrow, we will be going to have a little chat" he started laughing. "With the mob bosses" some people whispered. Others got excited. I sat there and study my black painted nails.

"I will only need 5 of you. Hmm...let’s see, Crook, Teeth Rock, Pen, and..." he looked around the table till his eyes landed on me. I pretended not to notice. "Anna!" I started coughing. "That’s it! Leave!!" he bellowed. suddenly having a mood swing. "W-why am I going?!" I asked when it was just us in the room.

He turned his back to me. "Cause I said so" I rolled my eyes and got out of my chair. I walked up behind him and put my arms around his waist. "Come on, Jack. I don‘t want to go" I rested my head on his shoulder. “Sorry Anna. You have no choice” I huffed and turned away from him.

"Be ready by 3. I’ll pick you up myself” he smiled and walked out of the room. When the door closed, I heard a beep from my purse. I pulled out my Sidekick. It was a text from Bruce. I smiled and opened the message.

Bruce:
How do you feel about a late lunch tomorrow? Say...3?

I couldn’t say no to Bruce. And I couldn’t say no to Joker. I sighed and typed back sure that sounds great. Can’t wait. Well at least it’ll be interesting to see how I’m going to be in two places at once.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm glad I have 2 new subsribers. :) And I love all of the people who are reading this. :) Thank you! :D