Status: Editing/Active.

I Work for the Joker and I'm Dating Bruce Wayne

I've Made My Decision.

That night was one of the best nights of my life. Jack and I spent hours laying down and just talking. We never talked like this anymore. Usually whenever we talked, he was Joker. But that night he was Jack.

My sweet Jack. We talked about everything that night. Not once did we talk about Batman or my separate life with Bruce. Not even about his plan to destroy Gotham. It was refreshing.

As the sun was starting to show itself through the skyline we both fell asleep. I slept for just a few hours till the sound of the bed squeaking awoke me. I didn’t fully open my eyes till I sat up and looked over at Jack. “What are you doing?” I asked trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes. He was pulling on a fresh pair of purple pants.

“Nothing. Go back to sleep” he said simply and walked out the door. I rolled over and tried to call on the Sand Man to drift me back to sleep but it was no luck. I threw the covers off my body and sat up once again. I ran a hand through my hair before going into the bathroom. I didn’t know what I was getting ready for but I knew something was going to happen today.

As I stepped out of the shower I heard a small tiny beep. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into the cold room. I picked my cell phone off the dresser and looked at the screen. I had 5 missed calls and 3 voicemails. I knew it was Bruce but what I didn’t know is if I wanted to hear what he had to say or not.

With a slow, shaky breath, I dialed my voicemail. The first one was just him apologizing and letting me know that he didn’t go after Rachel at all and that she had died. The second was him telling me he forgave me for going off with Joker and that he hoped I would forgive him too. The last one, which was just a few minutes ago, explained how he wanted to see me and patch things up.

I sat down on the bed, closed my eyes, and tried to calm my fast beating heart. A sudden loud vibration made me snap my eyes open. Looking at the screen, I saw it was Bruce calling again. I just let it ring. As it continued to ring, thoughts that I had pushed to the back of my brain, reentered.

Was I better off to leave Bruce’s world and just stay in Joker’s? Could I truly ever fit into Bruce’s plan? Joker had no plan, so I could fit in perfectly. Could I mix my two worlds and be truly happy?

A text from Bruce brought me back to life. He asked if we could meet up and have lunch. I was showered and didn’t have anywhere to go. I got ready and told Bruce I’d meet him at the park. He wanted to pick me up but there was no way in hell I was bringing him to the warehouse.

After throwing on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a pink tank top I exited the room. Jack was downstairs talking with a couple of his goons. I was almost out the door when he asked where I was going. “A walk” I answered while slipping on a plain black jacket. As I put on my boots he nodded and turned back to his goons.

It was about a 30 minute walk to the park. When I finally arrived, I spotted Bruce sitting on a bench in the middle of the open area. It was like he could sense I was there. He turned and locked his eyes on mine as soon as I stepped onto the grass. He stood and ran over to me.

He immediately scooped me up in his arms. I could feel his muscles clench. I smelt his aftershave. His warm body heated up my slightly cold one. After our hug, he put me at arm’s length and looked me deeply in the eyes.

“I’m so glad you came” a smile graced his lovely face. “Yeah” I said looking at the ground. “I’m sorry for last night. I don’t know what came over me” I nodded. “I understand. And I forgave him” another smile. “And I hope you’ll forgive me” the smile slowly faded.

“What do you mean?” he paused and just stared at me for a second. “Did something happen between you and The Joker?” I laughed lightly and shook my head no. “Then what happened last night?” “We just talked” I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my jacket. “Okay. So then what do I need to forgive you for?” I bit the inside of my mouth. “I’ve been thinking” I admitted slowly.

He nodded, encouraging me to go on. “About you, me, Jack” his eyes dropped to the ground. “This isn’t an easy thing for me to do Bruce. Trust me” he looked back at me just for a second before looking off into the distance. “It’s just…I’ve been wondering if you and I could ever fit perfectly together. It seems like I don’t really belong in your world.” “My world?” he was looking at me again. “You are my world. And you are destined to be there” I nodded, holding back my tears.

“Bruce, my point is that I can’t keep living these two worlds. I mean, it was bad enough when I had to keep it a secret from you, but now that you know, it seems harder somehow” I paused, letting my words sink in. “So what?” he asked finally. “I’ve made my decision” he nodded. What I did next shocked me. I leaned in and kissed him.

He kissed me back just as passionately as I kissed him. When we pulled back, he seemed happy. Till he saw the sadness in my eyes. “I’m going on a mission with Jack tonight. Goodbye, Bruce” I said quietly. “I love you” I turned and walked the other way wiping away my tears as I did so.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, gosh. I am so sory for such a long hiatus. Life happens and time just kinda gets away from you, right? I hope you're all still reading this. I don't think it'll be too long till I update again. We'll see, though. This chapter is just kind of a filler because I'm too lazy to watch the movie and add in the action scenes. They'll be in the next chapter, though. Also, I wrote this off of the top of my head so if it sucks and there's errors, I'm sorry. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts. Even if you wanna bitch me out for not updating in over a year!