Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Twenty-Three

“Are you ready?” Ed asked.

“Do I have a choice?” Violet asked him back.

“No. now try to make something out of that brick.”

Violet sighed as she looked down at the brick in her left hand. Al had been nice enough to draw a transmutation circle on it for her, because she was horrible at drawing them.

“Okay.” she said, “I’ll try.”

Violet placed her right hand over the brick, her index and middle fingers resting in the middle of the transmutation circle. The drawing began to glow. The light grew brighter, then suddenly it faded away. In Violet’s hand set an arrowhead, the brick transformed.

“Good.” Ed said, smiling in triumph. He seemed as if he felt accomplished for teaching her right.

“Now we just have to fix one more issue.” he sighed. “The problem of you not being able to draw a transmutation circle.”
Violet put on a cheesy smile, scratching the back of her head. “Sorry.”

“Brother, we could make her something with transmutation circles on it.” Al suggested. Ed brought a hand up to his face, resting a finger to his lips.

“That’s not a bad idea, Al.” Ed moved his hands to his hips, “But which circle do you think we should use?”

“I have an idea about that.”

Violet jumped at the sudden voice in her head.

‘Brain, you scared me.’

“I kinda figured that out when you about jumped out of your skin.”

‘Ha ha. Very funny.’ Violet said sarcastically.

“Violet?” Al asked, “Are you okay? You just jumped.”

“Oh yeah.” she replied, “Just talking with Brain.”

“Why did you jump?” wondered Al.

Violet scratched her cheek, “I forgot he was there.”

“You forgot you had an homunculus in you?” Ed asked.

“Yes.” she muttered her reply.

Ed burst out in laughter. “I can’t believe you could forget something like that.” he held his gut as his right hand slapped his knee.

Violet got frustrated from this.

“I’m sorry that I thought I was a normal human for a while!”

Ed realized what he had done; stifling his laughter. He looked over to Violet, only to look up into her glistening eyes. He understood why she hurt so much. She was a homunculus. He hadn’t fully thought about how much that had effected her.

“Violet, I’m sorry.”

“The name is Ivy.” She barked at him. “If you’re not careful you could blow my cover.”
Ed looked at Violet, somewhat brokenhearted. The tone of voice she had used hurt him.

“Alright, Ivy. Whatever you say.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, here comes another chapter. Hope you all enjoy! ^_^