Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Seven

Violet woke up and looked around. She was leaning against the cold plastic of a dumpster. Its odor wasn't the greatest thing to wake to.

'I guess it wasn't a dream.' Violet thought as she stretched.

'What do I do now?' she wondered as she stood, scanning the area again.

'You go after them.' a voice in her head answered her, making her jump.

'Brain, is that you?'

'Who else could it be? Of course it's me.' Violet sighed before continuing.

'How do I follow them? I don't know where they're at.'

'I think you do.' as Brain said that Violet stopped. She did know. They were on the other side. They had run home.

'How do we get there? Violet asked. Brain sighed.

'Must you always ask stupid questions?'

Violet shook her head a little as she headed to the mouth of the alley. She needed to go somewhere less busy, before trying to open the Gate.

'Where are you heading?' Brain asked.

'Somewhere only a few people know exists.'

-------

Violet darted from building to building, avoiding the center house. It was her house. She got to the edge of the building and sprinted to the woods behind her house. She hid behind a tree and looked upon the little house. Through the night, she could see the light in the living room was on. Her mom was probably getting ready for work. Violet looked up and saw the light in her bedroom. Who was up there? Just then the curtain slid aside to show Nate. Violet looked to the driveway to see an extra car.

'How did I not notice that?!' Violet asked as she hid more behind the tree. The light from her room was shining on it. She peeked around the tree again. Her friend was staring into the woods blankly.

"Sorry bro." she whispered before darting off into the woods.

---------

Nate pushed her curtains aside and stared out her window, thinking about everything that had happened early this morning.

[Flashback]
The light began to fade to reveal Violet standing there. The crazy chick who had tried to kill her was gone. Nate was staring at her in disbelief.

'What just happened?' he asked himself.

"Violet."

She turned and looked at him. He knew she was up to something. He watched her smile. He knew it was fake.

"Sorry, Nate." She jumped into the air and out of his view. Nate shot to his feet and around the back of the ambulance to see her land a few feet away from it.

"Violet!" he yelled at her fleeting figure. She didn't slow down.

"Violet, stop!"
[End of Flashback}

'Why did you leave? Why, Violet?' he kept asking himself, praying she would saw up and tell him. Just then, something caught his eye. A figure darting away from him in the woods. His eyes bugged. He dropped the curtain and raced out of Violet's room.

'Violet.' he thought as he snuck out the back door and darted across the yard. He knew where she was going.

'I'm coming, Vi.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Hpe you all enjoy ^_^