Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

I’ll Always Call You My Home

Mackenzie was sitting in her leaving room watching a movie when a knock on her door interrupted her. The movie was only a few minutes in and it was a DVD, so she simply pressed pause before getting up to get the door. To her surprise, Madison was standing on her doorstep. She looked ill and as if she had been crying. And she obviously wouldn’t have come to Mackenzie, while they weren’t speaking, if she wasn’t seriously in trouble.
“MC, I know you hate me, but I really really need you right now.” Tears were welling in her eyes as Mackenzie stepped aside to let her in. She closed the door as Madison took a seat on the couch.
“What’s wrong?” It felt weird to be speaking to Madison after finally getting used to them not doing so.
“I’m just gonna come right out and say it….I might be pregnant and Nick is real angry with me. He was at my house and we got into this fight….I told him I hate him. I didn’t mean it, I really didn’t. But then….he said it back. I mean, not the words exactly, but he said back at me. God, Mackenzie, I should’ve listened to you.” She was full on sobbing now. Mackenzie moved forward and pulled her best friend into a hug.
“Don’t say that. I’ve watched you guys….you’re meant for each other, Madison. Even if neither of you know it yet, you guys love each other. I see it in your eyes.”
“You’ve been watching us?”
“Madison, you’re my best friend, even though we weren’t speaking, I had to make sure he wasn’t hurting you. That’s the last thing you need!”
“But I thought you were mad at me for being with him.”
“That doesn’t mean I stopped caring. We’ve been through way too much for me to just to forget you exist!”
“Really?” Madison said, as she wiped her face, and a small smile tugged at her lips.
“Of course. I love you, Madison. Always. You’re like my sister.”
“Does that mean….you forgive me?”
“I forgave you a long time ago, but at a certain point, we both got so awkward around each other, I wasn’t sure if you’d forgiven me.”
“What would I need to forgive you for?”
“For trying to control who you date! Nick is obviously a great guy, otherwise he definitely wouldn’t be worth the sneaking around.”
“MC, I’m just glad were friends again.” She pulled her into a hug.
“We always were. We were just going through a….a rough patch. Kind of like you are with Nick right now. Okay, so first things first: do you know if you’re for sure pregnant?”
“No. It just kind of occurred to me today.”
“Alright then, make a doctor’s appointment. There’s no point in wasting your time on a stupid stick that isn’t 100% accurate, okay? Second, you need to make up with Nick. Whether it’s just long enough to work this out or if it’s for good. You need to get this straightened out and, as I said, you guys are so in love, I can see it. Everything will be all right; I know it. He doesn’t hate you, just like you don’t hate him. You’re just fighting. It’s what couples do. So, you go to his apartment right now and make up! Alright?”
Madison laughed before pulling her best friend into a hug once more. “I love you, MC.” She smiled. “Can you do me a favor before I go make up with him, though?”
“Anything.”
“Drive me to the school to get my car? Nick drove me home earlier and I just left it there. It’s a long story that I don’t want to go into detail now, but I need my car.” She chuckled.
“Of course, but you have to promise me that as soon as you get your car, you’re going straight to his house!”
“I promise.”
“Alright, let’s go.”

*******

Nick burst through his apartment door filled with anger. However, the anger was directed at himself for saying things he didn’t mean. Justin, who was still staying with Nick, came out of the kitchen. “Are….you okay?”
“No!” He leaned his head against the wall by the door to his room. “God, I’m so fucking stupid.”
“What happened?”
“I…..I told Madison I hated her.”
“Why the hell would you do that?”
“I was so angry and she said it first!”
“Whoa. She said it first? What did you do?”
“Why do you just assume I did something?”
“Nick.”
“Okay. Geeze, I was freaking out about the possibility of her being pregnant and I was only thinking about myself. I’m a selfish bastard and I fucked up. She deserves better anyway.”
“Shut up, Nick. You guys are perfect for each other! Don’t even pretend you’re not. And what’s this about her maybe being pregnant?”
“She’s been sick, I guess, and well….I don’t think you need to know how it happened.”
“Yeah, spare me those details.” He sighed. “Look, she’s gonna need you now more than ever. You can’t just turn your back on her.”
“I know, I know.” He sighed. “I just think we both need to breathe and get away from each other.”
“Then do that. But you better call her tonight.” Justin returned to the kitchen, where he been in the middle of pouring himself some water. Nick went to the couch and sat down. He picked up the remote to aimlessly flip through the channels to busy himself.

Madison pulled into Nick’s apartment complex parking lot. Her stomach was in knots due to having to talk to Nick after the fight. She was giving her nervous system a run for it’s money. She parked in an empty space and slowly worked up the courage to go to Nick’s door. After ten minutes, she found herself standing on his doorstep. She took a deep breath before knocking on the door lightly.
“Justin, can you get that?” Nick said, not wanting to get up from the couch. Justin rolled his eyes made his way to the door. He peeked through the hole in the door and turned around to face Nick.
“Actually, I think you want to take care of that. I’ll go down to your room, to give you some privacy, you know.” Justin hurried away from the door and downstairs to Nick’s room. Nick sighed. He stood up as he rubbed his face with his hands and went to the door. He pulled it open and saw Madison.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean the things I said. I don’t hate you. Actually, I…..I think--” Madison started.
“No, I’m sorry. I was being a dick.” He pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her torso. “I love you.”
“Nick!” She whined and he pulled away quickly.
“Wait, what did I do?”
“I wanted to say it first!” Madison laughed as she picked up Nick’s hands in hers and pulled him back to her. She held his face in her hands. “I love you, too.” She pressed her lips to his gently.
“You know what I do hate?” Nick asked, pulling away. Madison nodded for him to continue. “Fighting with you.”
“I feel the same way.”
“And I’m gonna be here for you every step of the way, I promise.”
“Well, Mackenzie said to make an appointment to make sure, instead of wasting time getting a test at the store.” Nick looked at her strangely.
“Mackenzie?” A smile spread across his lips. “You mean, you talked to her and….you’re friends again?” Madison nodded.
“She said we were always friends, we were just going through a rough patch.” She laughed.
“God, it’s so great to hear that. And to see you smile.” He pecked her lips and took her to the couch. “I love your smile.”
“Stop it, you’re making me blush!”
“It’s cute when you blush, though!” He chuckled as he sat back on the couch to rest his head against the back of it. Madison leaned into his side and rested her head on his chest.
Justin opened the door at the top of the stairs and stepped out slowly. He looked at the two and smiled to himself. “Now aren’t you two just so cute!” He mocked. They looked up at him.
“How did you know when to come up, huh?” Nick smirked.
“Don’t, for one second, think that I wasn’t standing right on the other side of that door listening to you guys talk the whole time.” He sat down on the couch next to them. Nick and Madison just rolled their eyes and laughed.
“I think it’s cute that you care.” Madison said.
“Of course. Nick’s my best friend and you’re my best friend’s girl, which basically makes you my best friend, too. So, I obvious have to make sure you guys are okay. I can’t lose one of my best friends!”
“Awh!” Madison got up and hugged Justin’s side and kissed his cheek.
“Hey, I believe he said you were my girl.” Madison turned back to Nick.
“Hush you!” She pecked his lips and returned to the spot on his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'aww, they're friends again. :3
Anyone else as happy as I am? hahaha
Thanks lovelyhope for commenting. <3