Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

They Think You’re Crazy, Girl

With only one week left of school and it being filled with final exams, Madison was feeling stressed. There was no doubt that she would pass them all with flying colors, but she was always so nervous and always thought of the negatives. She was studying and Nick was growing bored of watching her sit around and stare at books.
“Come on, Madison, let’s do something, anything! You’ll do great on every single one of your exams.”
“No, Nick. I need to study!” She shoved him away with her hand as he sat down next to her.
“What you need is a break.” He leaned over and started planting kisses along her neck and jaw line.
“Nick.” Madison whined.
“You keep working. I’ll, uh, just stay right here.” He said between more kisses. Madison closed her eyes and set down her pen because it was becoming impossible to continue studying. She turned so her body was facing Nick’s and she wrapped her arms around his neck.
“So, you’re seeing it my way?” He smirked.
“I guess a little break won’t hurt.
“Yes!” He picked her up off the chair and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her downstairs.
“But only a little one.” She said before attaching her lips to his.
“Whatever you say.” He set her down on the bed and climbed on top of her. He returned his lips to her neck as she began unbuttoning his shirt.

******

Madison walked out of her first and only exam on Monday and sat down on a bench to wait for Mackenzie. She took in the fresh air and looked around with a smile on her face.
“You seem cheery.” Mackenzie said as she sat down next to her. “Normally, you’d be freaking out and already studying for tomorrow’s exam. What happened?”
“Well, Nick helped me “de-stress”, if you will, last night and I feel great.” She laughed.
“Oh my gosh! So didn’t need to hear that!” She covered her ears even though the damage was already done.
“You asked and I gave you an answer. Did you want me to lie to you?”
“No, but still!” She chuckled.
“So, have you and Garrett…..?”
“Whoa! No! We haven’t.” Her face was flushed and she looked away. “When would we have time, anyway? He stays over at Nick’s whenever he’s in town …Plus, it’s not the right time, yet.”
“Well, maybe when he comes for graduation,” Madison nudged her with her elbow. “He can stay over at your place. But don’t feel pressured; wait ‘til you’re ready.”

******

Madison made her way down the school hallway to Nick’s classroom. She had an hour until her exam and figured she needed a break from studying. She pushed the door open and stepped in. The once loud room now went quiet. Nick turned away from the board and looked to the door.
“Madison?” He asked in confusion. Madison looked around the room at everyone at their desks.
“I, uh, just had one quick question.”
“Yeah, uh…” he turned back to his students. “I’ll be right back.” He stepped outside after Madison and closed the door. “Is there a reason you’re not in class?”
“I asked to be excused.” She looked down at her feet. “You’re mad.”
“No.” He sighed. “What do you need?”
“Well, I have my toughest exam next…”
“What are you getting at?”
Madison looked up and down the hall. No one was there so she leaned in close. “I need some help ‘studying.’” She kissed his neck before stepping back with a smirk.
“Madison!” He was bright red and began looking around to see if anyone had seen. “We can’t do that here. And I have a class.”
“Alright, alright.” She held her hands up in defense. “I’m sorry. I just thought…” She trailed off with a shrug. “I’ll see you at home.” She turned on her heel and went back down the hall. Nick sighed in frustration and went back into his class.
He finished up the lesson he had been reviewing and looked down at his phone. His wallpaper of him and Madison made him sigh. He quickly unlocked his phone and typed a text to Madison.
Meet me out by my car in 5.
“So, that’s all the review I have for you. Good luck on all your exams! I have something I need to get done right now, so if you guys just stay in here ‘til the bell, you’re free to do whatever.” He picked up his phone and keys and headed out the door.

Madison’s phone vibrated in her pocket. She read Nick’s text and a smile quickly spread across her face. She asked to leave the room once again and quickly made her way down the hall to the parking lot. She was down to 40 minutes until her exam, but she was sure Nick could help her relax.
His car came into view as well as Nick himself. He was leaning against the hood, looking down at his phone. As Madison got closer, he looked up and caught her eye. He smiled slightly as she approached him. He stood up and Madison wrapped her arms around his neck.
“Hi.” She breathed into his chest.
“Hi.” He chuckled back. “You, my dear, are so hard to please!”
“Well, actually, I’m pretty easy to please.” She smirked.
“Stop it!” He chuckled as he turned to unlock the car door. “C’mon.”
“Where are we going?” She stepped around to the passenger side.
“Well, we can’t do anything here, now can we?”
“Ooooh, I knew you were bad.”

******

Madison was hanging upside down on the couch watching Tower of Terror for the third time that week. She was saying all the lines of the movie as if she was in it herself.
“Don’t you ever get tired of this?” Nick chuckled as he reached the top of the stairs and saw what she was watching.
“Nope, never.” She went right back to reciting the lines as if what she just said to Nick was in the movie. Nick shook his head as he walked around to lie on the couch next to Madison.
“I’m starting to know these lines myself.”
“Good! You should memorize it so we can watch it together all the time!” She sat up quickly and put her hands on her head. She was dizzy from all the blood that had rushed to her head, so she closed her eyes.
“You are somethin’ else.” Nick chuckled as he sat up, too. He put his hands over hers as she opened her eyes.
“But you love him for that, don’t you?” She smiled goofily, causing Nick to laugh.
“I don’t know…” Nick said. Madison pouted and brought their hands to her lap. “Stop. You know I do.” He kissed her softly and she giggled.
“Yay!”
“You have the mind of a small child.”
“Just because you’re a teacher right now doesn’t mean you’re anymore mature than I am.” She sat with her back against the couch and crossed her arms over her chest.
“Don’t do that.” He whined as he pulled her arms away from her chest and laced their fingers together.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She huffed as she returned her attention to the TV. Nick brought Madison’s hands to his lips and kissed them.
“You’re making me feel like a bad guy, like I did something wrong.” He frowned. Madison sighed as she stood up and went down the stairs to their room. “Madison.” He stood and followed her. “Madison, stop it.” He put a hand on her forearm and turned her around, pulling her into his body. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I was simply joking and didn’t realize it would hurt you.” Madison rolled her eyes and smiled.
“I’m not mad.”
Nick sighed with relief. “I’m so glad to hear that.” He kissed her and moved his hands up to her waist to pick her up.
“Is this what everything leads to with you?” She smirked.
“Fine.” He set her down. “We won’t.” He shrugged and headed back up the stairs.
“Wait.” She grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. “I didn’t say I didn’t want to.” She reattached their lips and pulled him toward the bed.
“I knew that would work.” He smirked.
“I hate you.”
“Do you really?”
“Of course not.” She laughed as she lay on the bed, still pulling him with her.
“Good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really really really hope no one hates me! My life has been so crazy lately! You don't even understand! But I want you all to know that I haven't stopped writing, nor have I lost interest in this story at all. I promise! I have all the way up to chapter 35 WRITTEN. It's just a matter of TYPING it up.
Finals are coming up. I have 3 on this coming Thursday, 1 next Monday, and 1 next Tuesday. After that, I have an entire MONTH off of school! I am so unbelievably stoked for that and y;all should be, too because I'll be able to go back to updating frequently!
I wanted to make sure I got this out before my finals and before I left for Texas because this coming week, this coming weekend, and next week are going to be CRAZY. But it will be so worth it because I get to go see The Maine wall then go directly to Texas for Unsilent Night to see The Maine!!! (I don't know if anyone watched Pat's chat, but he talked about me and my friends when he said he talked to some people at Chain that were driving to Texas.) But I am super excited for that as well as the end of the semester!

On an unrelated note: who's listened to Pioneer already?!?! I could NOT help myself! Plus, I already preordered it so I figured this is just me listening a tad early. ;) But seriously, IT'S PERFECT, YOU GUYS. Comment and tell me your favorite song! Or if you haven't listened yet, tell me that too! And give me feedback on this chapter pleaaase! The next chapter is the graduation, just so y'all know!
I love you all! <3