Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Show Me How You Feel

It was finally the day. The day. Graduation day. Afterwards, Madison and Nick could be seen together and there wouldn’t be any consequences. No one could do or say anything.
This day also marked the last day before they left for tour. Loren, Justin, and Halvo, along with Garrett, were flying in for Madison and Mackenzie’s graduation and then early the next morning, they’d be heading out to New Jersey for the first show of the tour. The rest of the guys from The Maine would meet them there, but until the, Garrett was riding with ARTTM.
“How long until Garrett gets in?” Mackenzie asked as she fixed her hair for the fifth time.
“Soon. Just relax! Nick will call me when he’s at the apartment.” Madison was sitting on the couch; she’d been ready for almost twenty minutes and Mackenzie was still fidgeting with her hair. “MC, stop messing with your hair! It looks great!”
“I’m just so nervous!”
“I am very aware.” She chuckled. “Just drink a glass of water, take a seat, and relax, okay?”
Mackenzie went to the kitchen to fill a glass with water and returned only a moment later. She sat on the couch next to Madison and sipped on the water.
“How are you so calm?”
“I’ve been waiting for today since the day I started dating Nick. I couldn’t be any happier that it’s finally here. We can finally go out in public after today. We won’t have to deal with those three annoying bitches: Alison, Ericka, or Tracy anymore. We don’t have to worry about anything.” She sighed with relief just thinking about it.
“Except…never mind.” Mackenzie bit her lip. She wanted to tell her what Garrett had told her about John, but decided against it. It would only make the tour awkward and that was definitely something she didn’t want.
“What? Tell me!” Just then, Madison’s phone rang and it was Nick. She picked up immediately.
“Hi.” She smiled into the receiver.
“Hi.” He chuckled. “The guys are here, including Garrett.”
“Alright, we’ll be right over.” She hung up and turned to Mackenzie. “Let’s go.” Mackenzie finished her water and rushed the cup to the sink. She returned and they were off to the apartment.

******

“Dude, you have to tell him. He has to know what’s going on before something happens.” Halvo said.
“But I can’t. I-I don’t know how to. And he-he should hear it from John himself.” Garrett rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Not only did this topic make him nervous, Mackenzie was on her way over and that made him about ten times as nervous.
“But he needs to know and you know John won’t tell him.” Loren sighed as Nick came up the stairs.
“John won’t tell who, what?” Loren, Justin, Halvo, and Garrett’s faces flushed.
“Uhm, nothing. We were just…uh…talking about a movie we watched on our flight. We didn’t get to finish it, so we were discussing what could have happened.” Justin explained. The rest of the guys let out a breath of relief.
“You guys are weird.” Nick chuckled and went to the kitchen to get something to drink.
“Nice save!” Loren whispered and high-fived Justin quickly.
The door swung open and Garrett’s heart started pounding. He had missed Mackenzie, but he really hadn’t quite realized just how much until the only thing separating them was a few feet. She stepped through the door and Garrett stood from the couch. He couldn’t help the smiled that quickly spread across his lips. Once they made eye contact, Mackenzie smiled, too.
“Hi.” He spoke first.
“Hi.” She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck. “God, I missed you.” She spoke into his chest.
“I’ve missed you, too.” He kissed her cheek as he wrapped his arms around her waist.
“Alright, let’s give them a minute.” Madison chuckled, picking up Nick’s hand and pulling him out onto the patio. “You guys, too!” She said to the rest of the guys on the couch. They groaned before standing up and following the out onto the patio.
“So, are you ready to go on tour?” Justin asked Madison as he pulled her into a hug.
“Of course!” She beamed.
“Yeah, mindset-wise. She hasn’t even starting packing, yet.” Nick laughed.
“Heeeey, I was gonna pack tonight.” Madison whined.
“A little last minute, don’t ya think?” Loren asked.
“I want to be absolutely sure of what I’m taking. If I packed too soon, I’d have doubts and then have to repack at least ten times. My strategy is the best way to go.” She smiled triumphantly.
“Just don’t forget anything.” Nick shrugged.
“I won’t.” She stuck her tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes playfully and pulled her into his chest. He kissed her forehead before sitting down and pulling her into his lap.

******

“Madison McCoy.” Nick, Loren, Justin, Halvo, and Garrett cheered as she walked up to get her diploma. They were definitely the loudest people there. They sat back down, waiting patiently for Mackenzie’s name to be called. Only a few minutes later, they heard it. “Mackenzie Mellark.” Garrett stood first and cheered loudly. The rest of the guys followed suit only a moment later.
The guys decided to make their way down the stands and go to their previously assigned meeting place, so they could get the girls sooner.
After what felt like a million more names were called, the ceremony was over and Madison and Mackenzie made their way to the meeting spot. Madison ran over to Nick and jumped into his arms.
“It feels amazing to finally be able to do this.”
She grinned before kissing him vigorously. After a moment, Nick pulled away.
“I agree with you 100%.” He smiled. “I can definitely get used to this.” He reattached their lips as the guys and Mackenzie stood around awkwardly. Justin cleared his throat loudly and Nick and Madison broke apart.
“Sorry.” They said in unison. Nick set Madison on the ground. Their cheeks were both pink with embarrassment.
“How bout we go back to the apartment so Madison can pack.” Justin smirked.
“You haven’t packed, yet?” Garrett and Mackenzie said at the same time. They laughed before looking at each other and smiling.
“Okay, I’ll pack. Can it stop being ‘make fun of Madison for not packing’ day?” She huffed. Nick wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek.
“No one’s making fun of you.” He said.
“I am.” Justin laughed.
“You are no longer my best friend.” Madison crossed her arms over her chest and started back toward the car.
“Wait, I was kidding! Madison!” He followed her, trying to get her to forgive him. Everyone else followed slowly and laughed.

******

Madison laid out a few shirts and a couple pairs of shoes. She was staring at them intently, deep in thought, when Nick cam downstairs. He shook his head and laughed to himself as he approached her from behind.
“Are you winning?” He asked her in her ear.
“What?” She came out of her trance and turned to face him.
“The staring contest you’re clearly having with your clothes. Did you win?”
“Shut up.” She chuckled as she hit his arm gently.
“What are you doing then?” He asked as he wrapped an arm around her waist.
“Just thinking about what to pack.”
“You still haven’t packed?! You’ve been down here an hour, by yourself, what else could you have done?”
“Hush. I have packed…for the most part. See, I’m having trouble deciding if I should bring all of these shirts and just my converse or less shirts and extra shoes.” Nick laughed.
“That’s your problem?” Madison stared back at him as if this was a very logical problem. Nick sighed.
“Definitely more shirts. You’ll be thankful to have more clothes because we don’t always get a laundry day.”
“Alright. It’s settled then.” She grabbed her converse, flip flops, and shirts and squeezed them into her bag before zipping it shut. “I’m officially done packing!” She grinned as she threw the rest of her shoes in the corner.
“Congratulations! You’re officially ready for your first tour.” He laughed as he kissed the side of her forehead. “We should probably sleep now, seeing as we leave early in the morning. He hopped on the bed and stared up at her as he waited for her to join him.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you can see, I am home from Texas! It was an incredible trip/experience, but I have never been more thankful for my bed! Hahaha I am also now finished with my first semester of college! WOO! PARTY!! Actually, I did that last night. hahaha twas a fun and interesting evening. (;
Anyway...updates will be more frequent! WOO! Hopefully, I can catch up and type up everything I have written so far and then continue writing and such. Also, I hope to FINALLY get up my The Maine fanfic that I have been working for forever, but been too lazy to type up. Hahaha We'll see how that goes.....
Thank you katnisseverdeen, mandiimouse, and lovelyhope for commenting. You're my favorites. <3

Also, don't think that just because she's graduated, the drama will end. I have so much more up my sleeves and I think you all should be prepared for what's to come. And even though there wasn't any confrontation about them dating and whatnot doesn't mean that won't still happen, too. Just sayin'. (;