Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

If Everyone Could See What I See

Nick woke up on Halvo’s shoulder. Halvo chuckled as Nick pushed away from him.
“Hey man, you fell asleep on me. I just didn’t move you.”
“Yeah, whatever.” Nick was groggy and wasn’t fully awake yet. He rubbed his eyes. “When are we stopping? I’ve got to pee.”
“In like, twenty minutes.” Justin said from behind the wheel. Nick shrugged and leaned against the window to try and sleep for another twenty minutes. He dosed off quickly.
He woke up to the door he was leaning on opening. He was buckled in, so he didn’t fall. However, since he wasn’t expecting it, his iphone had been sitting on his lap. He had jumped from the sudden movement and the phone dropped to the ground, the screen shattering.
“What the fuck did you just do?!” Nick yanked the seatbelt off and hopped out of the car. He picked his phone up off the ground. He turned it over to look at the screen. He groaned in anger. “It’s fucking ruined. What were you thinking? Couldn’t you have woken me up before you did something stupid like that?”
“Sorry, man. I didn’t know that was gonna happen.” Halvo backed away. “Yu can get a new phone.”
“That’s not even the problem. I had Madison’s number in there. How am I supposed to call her now?” He took the already broken phone and chucked it across the parking lot of the gas station before heading toward the bathroom.
Halvo went over to the shattered phone and picked it up. He knew Nick would need it to get a new phone, so he figured he’d better grab it so Nick wouldn’t get pissed again later. He set the phone in the center console of the van and climbed back inside to his seat. Nick returned a few moments later and crawled back into his seat, closing the door behind him. He sat like a child, crossing his arms over his chest.
“Nick, seatbelt.” Loren, the band’s drummer, said from the passenger seat.
“Yeah, whatever, mom.” He buckled the seatbelt hastily and went back to his arms crossed position.
“Hey, buddy. We’re gonna get you a new phone just as soon as we load in, alright? And Halvo’s gonna pay for it.” Justin said, climbing into the driver’s seat and starting the van.
“Hey!” Halvo whined.
“Shut up. You broke it.” Nick mumbled.
“Fine.”
“You gonna get me Madison’s number back, too? Doubt it. That’s near impossible.”
“You didn’t give her your number?”
“No, Halvo, I didn’t. I promised her I would call her. It didn’t seem necessary at the time, okay?” Nick turned toward the window, obviously ready to end the conversation. He sighed to himself and closed his eyes. He didn’t know what else to do other than sleep.

They pulled up to the next venue. Nick sat in the van trying to decipher any numbers from Madison’s number, while everyone else loaded their instruments inside.
“Nick, come on.” Loren said, poking his head in the door. Nick groaned. He couldn’t figure out any of the numbers through the shattered screen. He threw the phone back in the console and hopped out of the van to help with the unloading.
Once they finished, Justin drove Nick over to the nearest AT&T to get a new phone. They had a few hours to kill before sound check anyway, so it would be okay. He brought the shattered phone up to the clerk.
“Uh, my phone is obviously unusable.”
“I see that.” The clerk chuckled. “Well, let me go grab you a new phone.” She turned oh her heel and went to the back room to get a new iphone. Nick sighed aloud.
“See? You’ll get your new phone and you can stop bein’ a baby.” Justin said.
“Not true. Because I still won’t have Madison’s number.”
“You really care that much? I mean, you barely know her.”
“So? I said I’d call.”
“You’ve said that to other girls that you never called.”
“Yeah, but they….they weren’t Madison.”
“Awh, Nick’s got an actual crush?”
“Shut up, okay. She was cool. Not to mention so…..so beautiful.” He smiled just thinking about her.
The clerk returned with the phone and got all of Nick’s information. Halvo paid for the replacement and they were on their way to get something to eat before sound check.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I wanted to update. So, here it is. I hope this made you hate Nick less....that is if you hated him briefly for the last chapter. This was really short. Sorry bout that. I'll probably update again tomorrow night or something.
I wanted to insert some funny, witty remark like the last author's note, but no such luck this time. I wish I was funny all the time.
Anyway, comment & subscribe? :3