Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Burning Down The Bridges I Have Found

Madison woke up in her bed with a smile on her face. The events of the previous night couldn’t have gone any better. When she went to the show, her only goal of the night was to meet Nick Santino and have real conversation with him. She never even imagined ending up in the backseat of her car having a heavy make out session with Nick. She never thought he’d want to talk it further. She never thought he’d stop it from happening because he wanted to take her out first.
She got out of bed and checked her phone. She unplugged it from the charger and scrolled through the text messages she had from her friends. None were from Nick and she had no missed calls, so she figured she could shower and get back to her friends’ messages later. She pulled out two towels from the cupboard and went into her bathroom. Once she got out, she dressed and blow dried her hair before putting a plain pink headband that went around her forehead on. She checked her phone again. Nothing from Nick. She knew she was being a bit over excited and whatnot, but she couldn’t help herself. She just wanted to talk to him again. She wanted to hear his laugh and imagine his smile. They barely knew each other, but she already really liked him. Her phone started vibrating, due to a call from her best friend Mackenzie. She sighed. Of course. She rolled her eyes with a smirk playing on her lips as she answered the call.
“Hi, Mackenzie.”
“Don’t ‘Hi Mackenzie’ me! You ditch me for Nick Santino and don’t even have the decency to call me and give me details?! What kind of best friend are you?”
“Hey, don’t question my best friend status. A girl doesn’t kiss and tell.”
“WHAT?! You kissed Santino?! And what do you mean you can’t tell me?!”
She chuckled lightly. “MC, calm down! I was joking.” MC was a childhood nickname Mackenzie had earned from Madison and she continued to use it every day. “We went to eat. Justin and Halvo were making fun of him for his love of Taylor Swift. He tried to pay for my food; I wouldn’t let him. He walked me back to my car in the parking lot and told me I was beautiful--”
“Awh!”
“I told him I wasn’t, then he kissed me. Things got heated and we ended up in the back of my car.”
“Holy shit. You fucked Nick Santino.”
“NO! He stopped it, because he’s about to go on tour.”
“That’s sweet. When do you see him again?”
“When he gets back in two months.” There was an obvious sadness in her voice.
“Awh, sweetie, the next two months will fly by! Especially since school starts in two months and we want to enjoy summer. So of course it’ll go by quickly. And we’ll end up back in those dreadful halls.”
“Yeah, maybe. But he is supposed to call me today.”
“Really? When he calls, you better call me right after!”
“I will, I will. Goodness, you’re so nosy.”
“Isn’t that what best friends are supposed to do? Pry into their bestie’s sex life?”
“There is no sex going on!”
“Whatever. When there is sex going on, you better tell me before anyone else, Madison!”
“Goodbye, MC.” She hung up as Mackenzie continued to babble. She locked her phone set it down on her desk. She decided to go downstairs for some breakfast. It was noon, but she still wanted breakfast. She went to the cupboard and pulled out her box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch along with a bowl. She poured the cereal in, then the milk. She grabbed a spoon and stuck in the bowl. As she started her cereal, she walked around the house looking for signs of life. It seemed she was home, which was cool, but it meant she was going to be bored with nothing to do. At least until she got her phone call.

Six-thirty.
Seven.
Nine.
Ten-thirty.

No phone call. Madison sat by her phone all day waiting for that call. Saying it back in her head, she thought she sounded pathetic, but Nick had promised. He said he wanted to talk to her. He wanted to get to know her. She was starting think he was just like all the other guys she’d met. He was a liar. He told her she was beautiful to try and get into her pants. But when she only had the backseat of her car to offer him, he wanted nothing to do with her. No wonder he only asked for her number and didn’t offer up his.
She picked up her phone and threw it across the room. She made sure not to let it hit the wall, just landed a few inches before it. She pulled the covers up over her head and held her stuffed elephant tightly. A few tears sprang from her eyes. She wiped them away angrily with her sleeve, but they continued to come. After an hour of continuous crying, she was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I'm feeling generous. And I had a nice nap earlier. And because Loveline with All Time Low sucked tonight & I wanted to do something that made me feel better.
Thanks for commenting, my lovelies: stephaniefaith & mandiimouse
More comments, pwease? I like comments. :3