Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

We Can Barely Talk About It

Rocket was having their isolated warm up time and Madison found herself sitting on the floor inside the venue waiting for them to finish. She was playing games on her phone when a body sat down next to her. She knew exactly who it was, but chose not to look up. Just because he had made nice with Nick didn’t mean she would forgive him as easily. She continued her game and acted like he wasn’t even beside her. Even when he cleared his throat, trying to make his presence known, she ignored him. She turned her body so her back was to him and went on to play another game. John wasn’t going to give up, just as Madison clearly wasn’t going to give in. He had to make things right.
“I know you don’t want to talk to me, but--”
“You’re right, I don’t.” Madison huffed as she stood up. “So, stop trying.” She put her headphones into her ear and turned the volume up on whatever son was plying. She made her way out of the venue to go sit in the van. It wasn’t until she got comfortable that she realized it was The Maine blasting in her ears. She groaned loudly and pulled the headphones out. She threw her ipod onto the seat and crossed her arms over her chest. She cursed herself for putting them on there and even more for liking them so much. The whole band wasn’t the problem, though. It was just their lead singer that needed to keep his lips to himself. Madison sighed to herself and walked over to The Maine’s bus. She opened the door, not caring what anyone inside was doing. She saw Kennedy and Jared first, so she sat down next to them.
“Do you guys know where Garrett and Mackenzie are?”
“Well, hello to you, too.” Kennedy said.
“Sorry. Hey, guys!” She said enthusiastically.
“Hey, Madison! How are you?” Kennedy smiled and Jared laughed beside him.
“Great! Now, do you know where they are?”
“Sheesh! Always an ulterior motive. You never want to hang with us.” Kennedy sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.
“They went with Pat to go get ice cream.” Jared said.
“Man, my own best friend tells me nothing these days!” She threw her arms up in mock anger. “So, how are you guys?”
“Good. Except for maybe Kennedy here, who seems to be offended by our lack of hang out sessions.”
“Oh, Kennedy. Don’t be such a drama queen!” Madison joked.
“I just want to hang out with people other than these guys!”
“Hey!” Jared said.
“Shut up, you know you do, too!”
“Whatever.” Jared turned to Madison. “Is there something you need to talk about?”
“Only if you guys hate your lead singer as much as I do.” Madison laughed.
“Can’t say we do, but you can talk to us about it, if you want.” Jared said. Madison sighed. “I just…I thought we were friends. Then Mackenzie tells me he has a thing for me and I try to talk to him about it. And then he kisses me right in front of Nick and blames it on me! What kind of friend does that?”
“One that wants to get laid by the other friend.” Kennedy shrugged.
“Okay, this is why she doesn’t hang out with us.” Jared shook his head.
“Sorry.” Kennedy lowered his head and typed a message on his phone.
“Don’t listen to him, obviously.”
“I hadn’t planned on it.” Madison chuckled.
“See, John just gets weird around girls. He’s actually pretty bad at talking to them and when he’s drunk, he’s a total asshole. Like, not all the time, but he has his moments and it just makes us all want to stay away from him. He’s not a bad guy, he’s just bad with girls.” Jared said. Madison sighed again.
“I just don’t know what to do.”
“Well, you’re options are to ignore him for the rest of the tour and, ultimately, the rest of your lives or you can let him apologize and go back to being friends.”
“At this point, they both seem really hard to do. Is there a ‘C’?” Madison laughed dryly.
“Unfortunately not.”
“Boo!” She crossed her arms over her chest. “Anyway, let’s talk about you guys. When are your girlfriends coming to visit? I’m excited to meet them!” She grinned.
“When we get to Arizona.”
“Which is only in a few more days!” Kennedy grinned.
“Awe, yay!” Before the conversation could continue, John and Halvo walked onto the bus. Madison rolled her eyes at John’s appearance. She definitely wasn’t going to talk to him now.
“Nick’s looking for you.” Halvo said to Madison. Madison stood.
“Thanks.” She turned back to Jared and Kennedy. “I’ll see you guys later.” The two waned and Madison went down the steps to go find Nick. John shook his head.
“That girl drives me nuts!” He puffed as he headed to the back lounge. Halvo shrugged at Jared and Kennedy then followed John back.

******

John left Madison alone for a few more days, but he really couldn’t just ignore her. He decided to attempt to talk to her once again. He found her on a bench in the back of the venue by herself. She was reading a book and had one headphone in. John approached her slowly and sat down beside her. He didn’t speak right away because he wasn’t sure how to begin. Madison closed her book abruptly and sighed, “Yes, John?” She turned to meet his stare. The fact that she was actually talking to him caught him by surprise and he no longer knew what to say.
“John? Were you here to talk to me or…?” She stood up and John did as well.
“Yeah…I did, but…” he laughed as he ran his hand through his hair. “I didn’t think you’d even talk to me, to be honest.”
“Well, I’ve had a chance of heart.” She crossed her arms over her chest with a smirk.
“Does that mean we could…go back to being friends?” He asked hopefully. Madison rolled her eyes with a laugh.
“I guess, but you’ve got to understand, I love Nick.”
“I…I’ll get used to it.” He smiled. “I just don’t want you to hate me. I was a dick and I wasn’t thinking. I’m sorry for what I did.”
“You’re forgiven.” She smiled and picked up her book.
“Thank you.” He grinned and pulled her into a hug.
“Okay, okay.” She laughed. “I’ve got to go find Nick. I’ll see you later.”

After the show that night, everyone went to hang on The Maine’s bus. They weren’t leaving until later and they had a day off the next sat. It very well could be a recipe for a disaster, but everyone was ready to have a fun night and for the most part, sleep all day the next day. Loren was voted driver for Rocket’s van , so he knew he wasn’t allowed to drink.
It had been a good two hours into the hang out session when Pat, Garrett, Mackenzie, and Jared decided to head to bed. They weren’t up for partying apparently. That wasn’t going to stop the rest of them, including Madison. She was finally on great terms with everyone and a celebration was definitely in order.
By 2:30 am, however, Madison was plastered. She was even worse than her birthday party. She was about five minutes from passing out. Kennedy and Loren volunteered to get her to the van. Loren figured it was time for him to get a bit of sleep before driving. The rest of the guys wanted to hit up a club around the corner. Bus call was 5:30 am and they were prepared to stay out until then.
“Just hurry up, Ken! We’ll meet you there!” John shouted over his shoulder as he followed after the rest of the guys. Kennedy just shook his head with a laugh.
“Hey, Kennedy.” Madison slurred from beside him.
“Yes?”
“Can I tell you a ssssecret?”
“Sure.” He laughed.
“When John kissed me, it was…nice. He’s a good kisser.” She threw her head back as she laughed. She put a finger to Kennedy’s lips. “Ssshhh! Don’t tell Nick.”
Kennedy looked at Loren and they just shrugged to each other. Next thing they knew, Madison was asleep in the back of the van.
“Good luck with her.” Kennedy patted Loren on the shoulder before running off to catch up with the guys. Loren laid a blanket over Madison and climbed into the can to rest while everyone else partied.

“There you are!” John shouted to Kennedy after downing a shot.
“How’s my girl?” Nick asked.
“Asleep in the back of the van. She’ll wake up with a headache, that’s for sure.”
“Doubt it! She never gets hung over or anything! So unfair.” Nick laughed as he sipped the beer in his hand.
“Lucky bitch.” John laughed, shaking his head.

When John and Kennedy were alone, Kennedy couldn’t help himself from telling him what Madison said. She only said not t tell Nick. John was not Nick.
“She really said that?” John smirked and Kennedy nodded. “Well shit, I’d expect to hear nothing less.”
“Okay, cocky. She’s still dating Nick and she’s obviously not gonna break up with him for you.”
“I don’t care about that. Just knowing the kissing thing is good enough for me.” He turned on his heel and headed for the bar.
“Where are you going?”
“To shove it in Nick’s face.”
“What? No! You can’t! She told me not to tell him.:
“Yeah. She told you not to tell him. I am not you.” He smirked and made it to Nick before Kennedy could stop him. “Guess what?”
“I have no idea and no patience to even try to guess.” Nick laughed.
“That’s okay, I’ll tell ya.” He leaned against the bar with that smirk still hanging on his lips. “Your girlfriend thinks I’m a good kisser.” Nick’s expression changed.
“What?”
“Your girlfriend--”
“Stop. I don’t need you to repeat it.” Nick turned away from John and finished off his beer. “She’s still with me, man.”
“I know. And that’s great because you really are perfect for each other.” He pushed off the bar and moved to the dance floor. He found a hot, drunk girl to dance with for the night.
Nick couldn’t wrap his head around what John said, but he knew it meant nothing. Madison loved him and he loved her. That didn’t stop him from downing a shot and heading for the dance floor, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, I had to use lyrics from Fool Everyone and Stephanie knows exactly why. Hahahaha
Second, How do you all feel about John and Madison being friends again/so soon? How do you think Nick feels about what Madison said about John? Pretend I'm your therapist and tell me how this chapter makes you feeeeeeeel.
I start school tomorrow. Uuuuuuuuuuugh. A five week long break only makes things worse because it makes it so much harder to go back. But I wanted to make sure I got this update out because I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to update again. Hopefully by the end of the week or something, but who knows!

Thanks for commenting: xoxo_aj_xoxo, mandiimouse, katnisseverdeen, & lovelyhope <3