Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Better Off Between Us

Madison woke up in the back of the van with Nick’s arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled at his sleeping face. She looked around and saw Halvo asleep in the passenger seat in front of them. Justin was asleep in the passenger seat and Loren was driving, humming along to the radio. She looked out the window and had no idea where they were or where they were headed. She didn’t feel like asking or doing anything really, so she lay back down and cuddled into Nick’s side. His arm tightened around her and she kissed his cheek before closing her eyes and falling asleep again.
She was woken up only an hour or so later when the van was stopped and she heard Nick and Garrett talking outside. She rubbed her eyes and pulled her hair into a bun. She slipped on her converse and stepped outside.
“Morning, boys.” She smiled.
“I don’t get how you never get hangovers!” Nick rubbed the back of his head as he stepped toward her and wrapped his arms around her.
“I’m just awesome!” She smirked before kissing Nick’s cheek.
“I’ll talk to you guys later.” Garrett laughed, sending them a slight wave and walking toward the bus.
“Did you guys have fun last night?” Madison asked.
“I think so…I don’t remember much.” Nick laughed as he led them down the street to the Starbucks on the corner.
“That’s so bad!” She laughed as she hit his chest playfully.
“I’m sorry. We’re nearing the end of the tour and it’s just how things turn out.” He sighed.
“Just be careful. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” She pulled herself closer as they crossed the street.
“You’re so cute when you worry.” He poked her nose before opening the door to the Starbucks and stepping inside. “What do you want?” He gestured toward the line.
“My usual.”
“So routine with you. You never try anything new.” He chuckled as he pulled out his wallet. He ordered their drinks, paid for them, and turned back to Madison. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her over to the counter where they would pick up their drinks. He pressed his lips to hers as they waited.
Madison pulled away, but left their foreheads touching. She looked into his eyes and smiled widely.
“What?” Nick chuckled.
“Nothing.” Madison shook her head and looked down at her shoes.
“Aw, come on!” He put his hands on her waist and pulled her close to him.
“It’s just you, okay?” She blushed with a giggle. “You make me happy.”
“Awh, babe.” He kissed her cheek and continued to her neck. “You make me happy, too. I love you.”
“I love you, too.” She kissed his lips shyly until their drinks were ready. Nick stepped away from Madison to grab the cups and turned back to hand over hers. He picked up her free hand with his and intertwined their fingers. He brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed it as they walked back to the venue.

******

While the boys were doing sound check, Mackenzie and Madison were playing LIFE and watching Sleeping Beauty.
“So, we’ll be in Garrett’s hometown tomorrow. Is he taking you to meet his parents?” Madison asked as she spun the wheel on her turn. Mackenzie’s cheeks flushed.
“Yes.”
“Awh! That’s so cute!” Madison gushed.
“Whatever.” Mackenzie’s face was bright red and the only thing she wanted to do was change the topic. “Why hasn’t Nick introduced you to his parents? I mean, you guys live together.” Madison’s expression changed. “I, uh, don’t know. I’ve never really brought it up with him before. I guess it’s not that big of a deal.”
“But is so is! Your one year is just around the corner--”
“Try two and half months away!”
“That’ll be here before you know it, Madison.”
“MC, stop. He’ll intro duce me when he thinks it’s the right time.”
“Alright, alright.”
Mackenzie’s words made Madison think and now she couldn’t help but feel like there was some reason Nick hadn’t introduced her to them. Then again, it’s not like her parents even knew about them dating. And they certainly didn’t know she was on tour with him. Maybe he hadn’t because she hadn’t. Now, she knew she had to ask him. She was definitely regretting bringing the topic up with Mackenzie in the first place.

Madison was very quiet and kept out of all conversations for the rest of the night. She had so many things running through her mind at once and she wished she was at home so she could take the time to figure them out. Obviously Nick had noticed her acting strange because after the show was over, he was at her side.
“Let’s go for a walk.”
Madison pulled out of the trance she was in. “Hmm? She mumbled. Nick picked up her hand and laced their fingers together. Madison stood up and followed him. The walk was silent for the first few minutes. Nick finally sighed and spoke.
“What’s been bothering you all night? Did I do something?” Madison quickly shook her head.
“It’s like…what you didn’t do.”
“Please fill me in so I can fix it.”
“Mackenzie and I were talking earlier and she was telling me how Garrett’s taking her to meet his parents tomorrow…”
“Okay…I don’t see where I fit in here.”
“We’ve been together for almost a year-”
“Two and half months shy, Madison.”
“I know. But why haven’t you taken me to meet your parents?” Nick sighed.
“I don’t know. I didn’t think it was that important.”
“How is it not important, Nick? You told me you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me.” Nick laughed.
“Exactly. This means we have the rest of our lives for you to meet them. Madison, I love you and I do want to marry you some day, but that doesn’t mean we have to rush into everything right now. We’re young! You’re barely 18. We have so much life left to live. There’s plenty of time for you to meet my parents…and for me to meet yours.” Madison laughed.
“I feel stupid for worrying so much. You’re right about everything.” She sighed. “I love you, Nick.” She pecked his lips a few times before leading them back to the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
L O L Fool Everyone again. I had to. This was almost a pointless chapter, I know. But it had to be done. I guess. haha
I'll update next Sunday, hopefully.
Thanks for commenting xoxo_aj_xox, katnisseverdeen, & lovelyhope <3