Status: Slow updates due to total writers block. :(

Innocence

One. October.

"October, we're having someone special over for dinner tonight!" My mom explained while sticking a turkey in the oven. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the fridge while drinking out of the Dr. Pepper bottle.

"Cool."

My mom closed the oven and then glanced over at me while wiping her hands on her rooster apron. "Don't drink out of the bottle, have some manners and pour some in a cup. God, October. And go get cleaned up and put something nice on."

I glared at her and then look down at my outfit. It looked fine to me. "What's wrong with my outfit?!"

"Just go put on something a bit more suiting for company. This person means a lot to me, October!" She wiped a brown wisp out of her eye as it fell down from her pony tail.

"Adeline, I'm going to stay dressed like this. This is how I dress. What does it matter what I wear?"

She squinted her eyes at me and then threw her oven mitts on the counter. "I am your mother, do not address me by my first name." I scrunched my nose and looked out the window. "Look at me when I talk to you." I didn't listen. "Fine, wear what you want. Do what you want. I don't care. But just remember that this person means a lot to me and I don't want you scaring him away, October."

I got ready to say a smart remark when the doorbell rang. My mom sighed and untied her apron and hung it up on its hook. "Get the door, please. It's him. I need to go clean up."

"But-"

She cut me off. "Now, October Rose."

"Kiss my ass" I mumbled to myself as I walked towards the front door. I didn't even look out the peep hole before I unlocked the top and bottom lock and opened the door. Standing before me was a tall man about six foot all. He had deep brown hair and a bit of scruff on his chin. He had gentle hazel eyes and was dressed casually in shorts and a polo. He was really good looking. He was probably about late 30's.

Then, standing next to him was an almost nearly as tall guy about my age. He had straightened long light brown hair, and dark brown eyes, and a smirk that looked like it was almost always there. He was wearing dark jeans and a tight white t-shirt. He was features were striking. He looked even better than the man next to him.

I stood there awkwardly waiting for them to say something. Finally after seconds of silence I decided to break the ice. "Can I help you?" I said curtly.

The older guy smiled and put his hand out in front of him. I stared at it. "I'm Ben Knight and this is my son Raiden." His hand was still out and I rolled my eyes. Finally he got the idea and awkwardly took his hand back. "I'm here for Adeline.. You must be her wonderful daughter she talks so much about." Oh, so boy toy had a son. Greatttt.

"Hm.. That's weird. She never says much about you." I admitted. "You gonna come inside or stand out there all day in the heat?" I stared out at the sky tapping my foot impatiently.

I held the door wide open and with my hand gestured to them to come inside.

"MOM!" I screamed up the stairs. "Your boy toy is here!"

I heard my mom start to angrily clop out of her room and down the stairs. She was shooting daggers at me with her eyes. I smiled at her like an angel and she pushed past me as she greeted Ben.

"I'm so glad you both came over for dinner. I'm sure my little angel has already introduced herself to you. It's nice to finally meet you, Raiden."

Raiden crossed his arms with a stupid smirk still imprinted on his face. "Ditto." His father smacked his arm and Raiden stuck his hand out for my mom. "I mean- It's very nice to meet you Ms. Dagmar."

I watched my mom smile and shake his hand. "Well, dinner wont be done for a while, would you guys like to play a bored game or something?"

"Mom, for one, I'm sixteen not five and for two I've really enjoyed these past few minutes of hell just standing around with strangers so if you would excuse me- which I should add, you don't have a choice- I would like to go to my room and listen to my music so loudly that the neighbors complain."

I started to walk away with a fake smile on my face when my mom pulled me by the back of my shirt and into the kitchen. "Please excuse us." She said.

"Let go of me, dammit."

She pushed me into the kitchen and stood in the door way so I couldn't go anywhere. "Stop acting like a little brat, October. You're pissing me off. Suck up that rude attitude of yours for now and just pretend that you care about your mother."

"Aw, but I was just beginning to have fun!"

Her brown eyes looked red. "Please cooperate."

I pursed my lips and weighed out my options. I might as well learn more about them so I can find out ways to scare off Ben. My mom didn't need a boyfriend. She had me. And since my dad died I always wondered why I could never be enough for her. Why I was never enough to make her happy?

"Sure."

She smiled and patted my shoulder as I saw her body un-tense. She grabbed the Monopoly off of the top of the fridge.

~~~

"Go to jail, October!" My mom laughed loudly since it was my fifth time in jail and I've only been around the board fully once and haven't bought one property. She said that the going to jail was fitting for my personality.

I moved my cannon from the go to jail space and into the jail. Since we were playing the old original monopoly the board was turning yellow and the once silver pieces were multi-colors from my child hood days when I would paint them with nail polish.

"I'll stay in jail happily. I wont have to loose any money this way. And then when I get out of jail, I'll take Free Parking like I have done the other four times."

Raiden rolled his eyes and then grabbed the dice to take his turn. He ended up rolling three doubles and landed right next to me in jail. He grinned. "Well, jail isn't so bad."

He was sitting next to me and I saw his eyes watching me. I pushed my cannon away from his hat. "Yeah, well that's what I thought before you got here."

"On second thought, never mind. I might just fork over the fifty dollars to get away from this bearded old man next to me."

"Are you looking in the mirror?"

He laughed. "Funny. No, I'm looking at your ugly-"

Ben cleared his throat. "Raiden."

"No, no, Benny, it's fine, let him continue talking about himself."

My mom looked across the table at me and frowned. "October, stop it."

"The more time we waste, the longer I have to sit in this jail cell with herpes McGee over here."

I raised my eyebrows. "Ohhhh, really clever Mr. I suck d-"

"Okay, Okay, Ben's turn!" My mom shouted over what I said to Raiden.

Ben grabbed the dice from the center of the board and landed on boardwalk. He faked sadness and handed fifty dollars to my mom. "That's why I always buy boardwalk!" My mom laughed and Ben grabbed her hand and smiled lovingly at her.

"Oh, god, I might puke."

Raiden put his arm on my shoulders. "Now you're looking in the mirror."
♠ ♠ ♠
Toby's outfit: Clicky click

Now, wasn't that just lovely. Lol. I wrote this store a few months back when I was bored in class one day and I decided to upload it. So I hope you enjoy and stuff cuz I had fun typing it and laughing at myself.

comment & stuff. <3